Preview Round 23, 2023 : Demons v Hawks, 3:20pm Sun 20th Aug MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Ryan can't play. We can't carry 4 tall fwds with minimal defensive pressure.

I'd rather see Bennetts, if he can apply manic pressure.
Maybe Kosi could have a run at CHB if that’s the case and have the 3 talls in DGB, Ryan and Lewis up forward. We are in the experimental stage of development so there shouldn’t be any issue.

I would say it's likely Denver gets dropped for Ryan, but mostly because he's contracted for next season while Ryan isn't.
DGB ain't getting dropped for his effort on Sunday, that's for sure.

Out: DGB, Wingard, B.MacDonald
In: Ryan, Butler (needs games), Seamus

I would say it's likely Denver gets dropped for Ryan, but mostly because he's contracted for next season while Ryan isn't.
DGB ain't getting dropped for his effort on Sunday, that's for sure.

Out: DGB, Wingard, B.MacDonald
In: Ryan, Butler (needs games), Seamus
Butler didn’t kick a goal on the weekend and 1 point in his previous Box Hill outing, not sure why he is deserving of a game.
Greene who has actually played less AFL games kicked 3.3 on the weekend and seems to be an ideal Wingard replacement. Also wouldn’t be opposed to Bennetts getting a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the feeling we may now play 4 talls. Interesting times.

Also reckon our midfield is keen to take this scalp on the way out.
Beating 3 out of the top 4 will give a lot of confidence going into next season.

Butler didn’t kick a goal on the weekend and 1 point in his previous Box Hill outing, not sure why he is deserving of a game.
Greene who has actually played less AFL games kicked 3.3 on the weekend and seems to be an ideal Wingard replacement. Also wouldn’t be opposed to Bennetts getting a game.

We need to get games into him. I didn't think he was performing poorly at AFL when given the chance this season.

Lewis injury makes it an easy decision. DGB gets to stay and Ryan comes in.

Wingard injury is a little harder. I'd like to see Butler back, but he has been unimpressive at VFL level. If Wingard is put onto the LTI does this mean we could promote Bennetts and give him a debut? I'd be keen for that as I'm not really interested in seeing Greene back in the side.

I feel that Ryan was always coming back in although now it will be in Lewis' place rather than DGB. A forward line of Ryan, DGB and Kosi will be an interesting watch. Hopefully May and co don't afford them enough respect and we surprise.

I would bring Brockman in for Chad. Brocky is still a Hawk. If we feel he is best 22 and we want him to stay then we play him. Simple. Until he announces that he wants out then the rumours are just that. Rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back