Preview Round 23 Hawks v Bulldogs @ Etihad, Friday August 25 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game since 2006 when we're not playing for something, so find it very hard to get enthused for this one. Guess it's all about Hodgey, tho.

This happened to me too, they were all gone by the weekend. How early do you reckon to go for swiping in?
Hmm, I would half hour before the bounce you should be ok. I think I've only ever seen this dump of a stadium "sell out" or shut the gates so nobody can come in once or twice in my life. Against Carlton and Essendon s few years back. Now the dogs are out of the the finals race, anything over 45k would be a surprise. I'am tipping more hawks supporters will be out in force to say out goodbyes to the great man..:'(

Its our home game we should be there in numbers especially for the farewell of one of out greatest leaders and captain. I hope our fans turn up just this once even though they feel there is nothing in the game just for the great man

Hmm, I would half hour before the bounce you should be ok. I think I've only ever seen this dump of a stadium "sell out" or shut the gates so nobody can come in once or twice in my life. Against Carlton and Essendon s few years back. Now the dogs are out of the the finals race, anything over 45k would be a surprise. I'am tipping more hawks supporters will be out in force to say out goodbyes to the great man..:'(

Don't forget it will be Bob Murphy's last game too, unless Essendon etc lose.

Popped down to training today. Lots of enthusiasm more like a preseason session rather than almost last of the season. JOM training without any taping at all. Chip was in full training mode and looking super fit, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a gig this Friday. Gibbo was training as if he was playing. Hodgey didn't shut up once, still giving his all. Lots of goal kicking and defending inside 50 entries. Shiels seemed fine. Cegs and Jnr running timed half laps and 100m runs. Next year looking very juicy indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get their en masse Hawkers and make this game a Hawks win and farewell to remember for Gibbo (if involved in some way) and particularly Hodgey. Don't let the Dogs, Boyd and Murph take Hodgey's limelight.

Fill this stadium with Hawk noise.

Popped down to training today. Lots of enthusiasm more like a preseason session rather than almost last of the season. JOM training without any taping at all. Chip was in full training mode and looking super fit, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a gig this Friday. Gibbo was training as if he was playing. Hodgey didn't shut up once, still giving his all. Lots of goal kicking and defending inside 50 entries. Shiels seemed fine. Cegs and Jnr running timed half laps and 100m runs. Next year looking very juicy indeed.

It can't be a preseason report... There was no mention of how much Shoey has bulked up or Hartung lapping everyone during the time trial... :D

Its our home game we should be there in numbers especially for the farewell of one of out greatest leaders and captain. I hope our fans turn up just this once even though they feel there is nothing in the game just for the great man

I often read this in other posts TFP, I wonder if it appears that way because our membership base is so geographically spread?

We would be one of the most geographically diverse clubs within the AFL, maybe even the world?

I live in Bunbury WA (2hrs Sth of Perth), there are lots of Bunbury supporters, many travelled up to see the great man against Ross Lyons 'Sea Lice' and the WA Hawks crowd was plentiful, extrapolate that across the nation/world and hence why our numbers at games may seem down physically?

I often read this in other posts TFP, I wonder if it appears that way because our membership base is so geographically spread?

We would be one of the most geographically diverse clubs within the AFL, maybe even the world?

I live in Bunbury WA (2hrs Sth of Perth), there are lots of Bunbury supporters, many travelled up to see the great man against Ross Lyons 'Sea Lice' and the WA Hawks crowd was plentiful, extrapolate that across the nation/world and hence why our numbers at games may seem down physically?
I just want the same turnout at least that we get to Geelong V Hawks games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back