Game Day Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick straight and we are 5 goals up... but we left the door open.

Any chance of anyone standing Martin. At the other end Bonners lack physicality and defensive game has been exposed too often.
Martin might have racked up the pill, but I reckon he has cost them 5 goals because of turnovers and not checking Higgins. Ley him go

Essendon doing a good job, keeping it out of Naz's hands and in Bonner's.
I would be happy with that.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

RTB needs to look at the end to close down Martin's game a little also. Phillipou has had some good moments, but he also needs to attack the body harder at times.

On a positive note how good has Marshall been, he is our best midfielder and best intercept defender.

We miss Webster down back, we are trying to pinch hit back in defence with guys like Wilson and Bonner who aren't up to playing his role.

I'm still angry at him for getting rubbed out for 7 weeks in a bloody pre-season game, he has a lot to make up for when he returns.

The same goes for King getting rubbed out for this game, Caminiti is trying hard but he isn't up to King's level as a key forward.

I'll be even angrier with them if we lose this game, even without them we should still win this but we have left the door open for Essendon.

Going to be a lot of calls to sub Bonner but this is exactly what RtB was saying about fostering an environment where the players aren’t afraid to fail.
This will only aid his growth, as ugly as it currently looks.

His errors last week were taking risks with the ball so you could live with it. His errors today have been his utter uncompetitiveness in defensive situations, avoiding body contact, short stepping when he had an easy uncontested mark which would’ve had us through the zone and moving the slowest I’ve seen a saint move since Stephen Powell.
Not sure any of those will be rectified and obviously Port Adelaide thought the same

Pou has looked pretty good today.

Shame he missed that set shot

Boys just need to tidy up a bit in front of the sticks and keep cracking in hard

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ve only got one complaint with him.

He is mistiming his leaps something chronic.

Was a real Highlight to his game last year. But it’s way off right now.

So frustrating, we should be 10 goals up. Our set shots are so average and genuinely let the team down after brilliant build ups.

Sinclair has been surprisingly average by foot, Bonner has been well below average, Nas quiet, Cordy isn't a great footballer, Stock looks 75% and Wilkie/Battle are looking unusually shaky overhead. Despite all of this, the injectors have still only kicked 5 goals for the half.

Ross is having his best game for us in a long time. Ro is playing a lone hand. Sharman trying hard but looks cooked - I'm guessing his kms are going to be high this game. Jones has looked good but we need more of him, as has Phillipou who is showing his core strength and playing well even if he isn't dominant. Steele doing Steele things, but can tell he isn't 100%. Hill and Byrnes trying, but Byrnes' kicking is letting him down.

Bonner for Hastie may well be an obvious sub choice. Unless Lyon backs him in, which I expect him to do (he has more patience for Bonner than us fans I feel).

I just want to win this one and move on to next week, we should be a lot further ahead than what we are. Better not bite us but I can't see the defence continuing to struggle like they are.

I’ve only got one complaint with him.

He is mistiming his leaps something chronic.

Was a real Highlight to his game last year. But it’s way off right now.
He does leap early but so does Burnie and Sharman. He’ll get better.

Using his body in the contest much better.

We miss Webster down back, we are trying to pinch hit back in defence with guys like Wilson and Bonner who aren't up to playing his role.

I'm still angry at him for getting rubbed out for 7 weeks in a bloody pre-season game, he has a lot to make up for when he returns.

The same goes for King getting rubbed out for this game, Caminiti is trying hard but he isn't up to King's level as a key forward.

I'll be even angrier with them if we lose this game, even without them we should still win this but we have left the door open for Essendon.

Caminiti is doing what he did mid way through last year running under the drop of the ball a bit too much. Perhaps its getting used to playing at Marvel, but he needs to be at least creating a contest.

Agree re Webster he is our lock down no rubbish defender, and really let himself and the team down with that suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pou has looked pretty good today.

Shame he missed that set shot

Boys just need to tidy up a bit in front of the sticks and keep cracking in hard

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's been in the game. Hopefully he gets a bit more awareness in traffic, that blind turn he always does only seems to get him half out of trouble so his disposal is under too much pressure. Needs to know when to spin, and when to plow through as his body gets bigger and stronger, and maybe a couple more strings to his bow, movement-wise. Take some lessons with Banger!

Like to see a bit more from Membrey in the second half , has not be getting up the ground and marking. I expect him to turn that around this qtr

I don’t think Webbie is the sharpest tool in the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back