Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mattaes is still a baby, if anything he tries too hard and is in far too big a hurry to reach his optimum..must learn patience!
I like that he’s determined to get there as fast as possible.
Break the rules, bang the door down.
Driven people are often super impatient, they want more and they want it now. The good thing Pou knows that the only way to get there is hard work and he’s putting it in.
It’ll turn. The harder you work the luckier you get

I like that he’s determined to get there as fast as possible.
Break the rules, bang the door down.
Driven people are often super impatient, they want more and they want it now. The good thing Pou knows that the only way to get there is hard work and he’s putting it in.
It’ll turn. The harder you work the luckier you get
He is just about as young as the rookies just drafted , is way to young and just needs to grow and develop - at 19 now imagine him at 24 , he is going to be one hell of a player - for now though just let him find his feet.
He will be a midfielder for sure but expecting a skinny 19yr to go up against 24yr or older mature bodies is unrealistic atm - for sure give him rotations through the midfield but to me having play across the half forward line he will be as dangerous as anyone running around with his kicking ability he has no problem putting them through from 50m.

He is a player that might not be getting a kick and then he will bob up with 3 goals.

The only real knock I had heard that was abit over the top.

Was a few stories of the boss feeling like someone didn’t work hard enough to get to a contest and impact it and sitting them in the magoos for a lengthy period.

And they were across both clubs. He back then wasn’t interested in what a few boys had to say. He felt they didn’t give enough and back they went. Banished.

Definitely heard players on the outer say that they were shut out. I don't think that our set up now though. Lyon used to sit in his little tin shed until 10.30 at night prepping for training sessions and not delegate to assistants. He was a one man perfectionist footy department. He's much more a director of coaching type delegator and front man now. Not sure he should be judged on what he did 15 years ago. He set a much more rounded person in his current guise.

It's a long shot and especially so now Butler is back in the frame, but I hope they throw Collard back into the team. That debut felt unfinished and certainly unsatisfying - give the kid a crack at a full game or even a half! Be perfect for Docklands too you'd reckon.

It's a long shot and especially so now Butler is back in the frame, but I hope they throw Collard back into the team. That debut felt unfinished and certainly unsatisfying - give the kid a crack at a full game or even a half! Be perfect for Docklands too you'd reckon.
Collard would keep Hind honest.
Not that this would be fundamentally important, but simply a small dose of Karma.

Mason Wood at training, no sling, just a small bandage on the shoulder.

Saying surprised how well it is. Collar bone about 4 weeks.
Doogs, Irish, Dow, Paton running laps in rehab, Paton no longer holding up his left arm.
Clark on the far side doing run through. No sign of Henry.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones in the 22, sub someone else.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it will be a debutant unless Collard comes in but i doubt it i think Arie will come in.
Draftee Arie Schoenmaker is in the hunt for a debut on Easter Saturday after producing a standout showing for Sandringham in round one of the VFL, collecting 33 disposals and 13 marks at RSEA Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back