Preview Round 3, 2024: Hawthorn v Geelong, 1st April 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Conway is playing (2nd gamer)

So their starting midfield will be:
Conway
Clark
Blicavs
Parfitt

Atkins and Bruhn back?

IMO it will be Aktins, Blicavs, Bruhn with Parfitt, Holmes and Clark rolling through there. Perfect opportunity for Newcombe, Nash and Ward to find some form.

Unsure on those 2. Both being tested.

If they don't get up then that would be amazing for us.

Blicavs usually chops out in the ruck, but they'd probably need to use him as a fulltime mid - especially if Newcombe gets going, he'll be put onto him very quickly. Otherwise it would have likely been Atkins on him IMO.

Holmes is a gun, but he is more of an outside receiver, and Parfitt is OK. But Clark has been a non-factor to date (young 'n learning of course), Ward and Mackenzie are levels above.

Now I've said that all three will probably tear us up now.

Are teams still released today even though we play Monday?

Main training is on Saturday for the team when the players not selected are playing for Box Hill. Box Hill will release a provisional list tonight, but we'll know the team when it is released tomorrow evening I believe.
Based on training today Noodle and Meek may both play. A very light session for the players today.

Everyone calling for Ramsden- he kicked 1.3 in the VFL last week- do we really need another player in spraying set shots everywhere? Make him prove he can finish his chances at the level below before getting a call up…

Also those calling for Seamus- very unlikely as he was still on limited minutes at VFL level last week after interrupted preseason through injury. You can’t just keep asking for your favourite young player in if they aren’t performing/ready to play…
Sounds like the club has sfa going on in way of goal kicking, been that way for a few years now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The turnover even from the end of 2021 is also pretty crazy, as evidenced by the PCM 2021 results and those voted.
17 of the 35 who polled below no longer in the brown and gold.

Tom MITCHELL161
Blake HARDWICK126
Jaeger O’MEARA121
Dylan MOORE101
Chad WINGARD100
Sam FROST95
Daniel HOWE83
Changkuoth JIATH79
James WORPEL74
Liam SHIELS74
Luke BREUST73
Jack SCRIMSHAW70
Kyle HARTIGAN69
Ben McEVOY67
Jacob KOSCHITZKE63
Jonathon CEGLAR57
Jarman IMPEY54
Tom PHILLIPS48
Mitchell LEWIS47
Tim O’BRIEN45
Harry MORRISON42
Shaun BURGOYNE41
Lachlan BRAMBLE41
Will DAY30
Conor NASH22
Tyler BROCKMAN19
James COUSINS17
Oliver HANRAHAN*13
Jai NEWCOMBE12
Denver GRAINGER-BARRAS10
Damon GREAVES*9
Ned REEVES*8
Michael HARTLEY7
Joshua MORRIS1
Finn MAGINNESS1

Votes for the 2021 Peter Crimmins Medal were awarded by four groups after each home-and-away match; Senior Coach Alastair Clarkson, Assistant Coach Brendon Bolton, Assistant Coach Chris Newman and Assistant Coach Craig McRae.
Seeing Burgoyne 4 spots below Phillips, 7 spots below Kosi and 9 below Hartigan just looks weird.

I know he was at the end of his career but it still doesn’t seem right lol :drunk:

Confirmed on Hawks Insiders that Monday game squads don't get released until Sundays now.
Missed that. I stand corrected then.

That is pretty late though. For a Sunday game an extended bench team would be named Thursday night and finalised on Friday night. Not even naming anything until Sunday is pushing it out 2 days.

Watson as the sub to save giving him a game off? Or he plays then Butler gives him a week off next week or the week after.

Breust and Gunston both had reduced game time last week so they’ll start this one. Sam said it wasn’t injury related.

The obvious move is Hustwaite for Finn, only change for me or we go unchanged.

From the VFL team, the players that will probably play in the first half of the year: Phillips, Hustwaite, Butler, Meek, Ramsden, Serong.

Changes have to start soon, we’ll also have Day, Wingard, Mitchell, and Jiath back in that time. I doubt it starts Monday, but there will be 3/4 changes for the pies game.

The people calling for Ethan Phillips clearly didn’t watch the box hill game. Most of his marks were uncontested they switched using him as the deepest defender. Played ok but needs a block before he should be considered. Frost has been our best defender no way he gets dropped ridiculous call. 2 changes for mine. Can’t play Breust and Gunston one out and Maginness no match up and quite frankly we need to move past him. Hustwaite and Morrison in to expose their lack of midfield anything.

The people calling for Ethan Phillips clearly didn’t watch the box hill game. Most of his marks were uncontested they switched using him as the deepest defender. Played ok but needs a block before he should be considered. Frost has been our best defender no way he gets dropped ridiculous call. 2 changes for mine. Can’t play Breust and Gunston one out and Maginness no match up and quite frankly we need to move past him. Hustwaite and Morrison in to expose their lack of midfield anything.

I don't see why we can't play Phillips and Frost, and let Sicily play a free-er role. Phillip, Frost and Scrimshaw to take Hawkins, Cameron and Henry.

Not sure how Morrison is going to expose anything. Butler should be an option though, hopefully he gets a run of games to show that he's got something to offer.

Can't recall seeing anyone say Frost should be dropped in this thread. Most posts about Frost have been complimentary of his games so far.

Can't recall seeing anyone say Frost should be dropped in this thread. Most posts about Frost have been complimentary of his games so far.

He’s been rock solid both games.

People might be concerned about him matching up on Hawkins, but it would be mad to play a debutant on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back