Autopsy Round 3 Blues dominant as Harry kicks 7

Who played well in Round 3 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the gaem, few thoughts:
1. Obviously attacked the game/ball/man alot more than the week before
2. Freo were pretty s**t but that come when you player a tougher brand than the opposition (we should know, its normally us in Freo's shoes)
3. Big H was really good and probably should have kicked 9 or 10. Still no big clunks and that one aspect i think has dropped off with him a little - those hands are still dropping some gettable marks.
4. Walsh & Cripps in the middle dominated.
5. Williams kicking into the forward half is special and something we were screaming for. Both games has been quietish in patches but once he is up and running is going to be a huge asset. He also works hard when we turn it over and you can tell he came from a good side.
6. Saad - again a bit ordinary i thought - not as involved this week and still runs himself and us into trouble.
7. Casboult - didnt do alot but did give us a contest every time and then our small guys did the rest. Thought that was a better game and if he managed to clunk a couple he normally would it could have been a good game.
8. Dow - thought his fist half wasnt too bad, some good handballs to release the runner, went missing the 2nd half. Was quite fumbly at times. Persist with him.
9. Jones - BOG for mine, especially the first half when we won the game
10. Plowman - was very good and ball use was excellent - good comeback after last week (did anyone complain when he had a laugh with sonny after a goal?)
11. Fog - said it last week, he plays every game - just smart, hard and works his ass off. Kicking for goal is a bit shaky though
12. Parks - did pretty well, dont like his kicking style and can see he could be a bit of a turnover merchant and an are he needs to improve. Loved his bit of play after a shank, went back with the flight and spoiled it over the boundary knowing he had just ****ed up - great attitude.
13. Cotrell played his role really well. Stays in for mine (no changes for me - reward the 22 for their effort)

That effort is the benchmark, needs to happen every week.

No Michael wrong again, we finished closer to finals rather than a spoon last year and our current position states similar

As for rebuilding timelines, they are based on statistical facts, which I have shared a number of times, yours, well i guess they are based on how you feel
Delusional....enjoy the cool aid-pity it doesnt play finals like Brisbane and Stkilda

Last edited:
SPS semi-released...some tasty tidbits of what's more to come. Back to dancing around congestion, multiple fend-offs, participation in offensive chains through the middle. Love it. As others have said, given Parks' tighter defending, hopefully this leads to an unleashed SPS.

Big thing from that, he laid a few blocks in there, protected the ball carrier when someone else had a better run.

For someone who's criticized for not being as in and at 'em as some, that provides something of a reasonable 'excuse', one would've thought.

Some positive indicators, hopefully the wining feeling will lay foundations to a new culture .
Long long way to go, but happy to see the boys string a few wins it only gets tougher as we go, need the feel good atmosphere around the place.

There were so many standout performances on the weekend!

There's the obvious 4 in Jones, McKay, Walsh and Cripps.

At the game and rewatching the replay emphasised the terrific games that the following players had:
Lachy Fogerty (we have a serious player here)
Jack Newnes
Jack Silvagni
Ed Curnow

All 4 we seriously impressive. Did not put a foot wrong. They all had terrific attitude to.

Thought SPS also had his best game for a while.
Williams was very good. Just class.

Loved what I saw of Luke Parks. Again we have a player here. Kicking will come good.

What is obvious so far is that the players we have targetted into the club have all been really good so far (the ones that have played)

Could not be any more impressed with Fogerty. However Saad is offering the run that we need. Williams is quality and will only be better. Loved what I saw of Park and the only game time Oscar has had was very very good.

With the only other two players being Durdin and Carroll, hopefully first trade/draft period without SOS will be deemed as one of our best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teague mentioned that Cripps has practiced lots in pre-season about his goal kicking, as he knew it was a deficiency in his game.

Looking forward to seeing how that goes through the season, will likely need more than one captain's goal in crunch time. :thumbsu:

Cripps gets his goal kicking to 15-20 goals per year.

View attachment 1095032
That would be very good news. One of the more frustrating things from last year were the times he missed those set shots at really critical points in games - the whole side loses it's mojo in those situations.

did I hear they get them as young as 12?
My Cousin, 12, is in the Suns academy.

Another cousin, 11, is in what they call "Hinterland vs Coast", playing for the hinterland, which is the top 2 rep teams for that age group as well on the Gold Coast. Not affiliated with the Suns I don't think though I'm sure they'll have an eye on it as next year they'll be signing them up for the academy.

And his speed is actually very very fast. I would say among the fastest key forwards around.
Tall forwards these days are getting faster and faster.

Ben King won the Grand Final Sprint, and his brother is around the same mark. McKay is obviously fairly quick as well like you say, Joe Daniher before his groins was fast, even now I saw a week or 2 ago on the tracker he had the top speed on the ground for a game. His quickness isn't the same but give him a long lane he can get motoring, obviously. Cox for Essendon, playing wing but is 2 metres, is quick and so is Blakey for Sydney. Again playing wing at the moment but Lukosius is slick.

With the game the way it is this year it's no wonder the gazelles are kicking goals.

Last year I recall against Freo post match sagas whether it should of been Newnes or Gibbo taking the shot, and Teague said he'd have confidence if Gibbo ended up with it cause he regularly makes those at training.

Surely gotta be a furphy! Gibbo has had a few opportunities to make shots 40m out this year and can't make the distance.

Keeping your feet is one of those fundamentals you like to see all players have.
North captain copped a lot of sh*t this weekend for losing his feet but not bothering to get back on them to still be part of the team contest.
Good to see his instincts to keep his feet and be upright is there.
First real game I noticed him and liked what I saw.
Note SPSs vision as well, rides a tackle, dishes out to him

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back