VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies WON 106-78! Replay links in OP! #DonsIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

No no no! Don’t you know that clubs aren’t allowed to upload replays of games because channel 7 rights blah blah blah and that’s why Collingwood doesn’t do it!?

I think the fact that Essendon has uploaded a televised game replay can put that BS to bed once and for all.

Could not believe I read that when it was posted. It is bullshit.

2015 vs Box Hill at Victoria Park, televised by Channel 7, uploaded by the club:

VFL_RD-2048-2558762626.jpg

2015 Semi Final vs Sandringham, likewise (the game which for so long we weren't allowed to talk about)...

VFL_FW-2048-1270100553.jpg

2016 vs Port Melbourne, yet another televised Channel 7 game also brought to us by the former glories of our media department:

R-2048-1242791956.jpg

...and finally, about the time they stopped putting them up, 2016 vs Casey in the wet with Channel 7 covering:

R-2048-1164608680.jpg

There might be one or two others I missed along the way, but I think I've made my point. Don't care about the other noise, just give us the tapes...

It’s a running joke from earlier in the year about McLarty being referred to as a ruckman by the club. It irked me.

Probably wouldn’t have escalated to a running joke if old mate ClaytonM hadn’t made the ridiculous jump from being irked (ie. slightly annoyed) about McLarty to world peace or some such nonsense.

I’m pleased it irked you and the term has taken off. You do realised the original comment was made with tongue firmly place in cheek.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back