Round 4 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bye rounds are gold. If you get to the top 1000 and haven immaculate bye round strategy you are set. That was me last year.

I just need my YoYo scores to stop. I do not have a consistent team as yet. I am glad I didn't jump on all the mid pricers though like Swallow and burn a trade

Think you are being a little harsh on Swallow. He scores over 100 last week and was clearly injured this week.
Think there have been quite a number of mid pricers having done very well so far this year albeit a couple of them have had a poor week this week. Murphy, Watson, Beams, Fyfe, Yeo, Neal-Bullen, Sandi, WHE, Matera just to name a few.

Think you are being a little harsh on Swallow. He scores over 100 last week and was clearly injured this week.
Think there have been quite a number of mid pricers having done very well so far this year albeit a couple of them have had a poor week this week. Murphy, Watson, Beams, Fyfe, Yeo, Neal-Bullen, Sandi, WHE, Matera just to name a few.

Whats the point of a JOM > Swallow though which was popular. If JOM comes up next week, it was stupidity. Waste of a trade in my books.

I would be saying the same even if he got 90. Same reason I didn't jump on WHE which could kill me but ill stand by my convictions.

The bye rounds are gold. If you get to the top 1000 and haven immaculate bye round strategy you are set. That was me last year.

I just need my YoYo scores to stop. I do not have a consistent team as yet. I am glad I didn't jump on all the mid pricers though like Swallow and burn a trade
I'm cautious with my midpricers at the moment, but I feel I'll need to move them on eventually to get these super ubers in my side like Rocky, Adams, Grundy and Zerrett as their higher starting price will be vital in bridging the gap to getting them, but they generally score better than rookies too, so judging when to move them on is key as onfield points may be lost in getting rid of say 2 midpricers for a premo and rookie upgrade/downgrade.

I tried to see if I could trade in a Williamson/Fisher and Adams for Roughy and JOM but I miss out by 6k :(

Looks like I might not be able to make an upgrade until round 7 or 8. Imo making one in round 5/6 is vital in getting a jump on the competition, but dunno how I see a solution currently.

I'm cautious with my midpricers at the moment, but I feel I'll need to move them on eventually to get these super ubers in my side like Rocky, Adams, Grundy and Zerrett as their higher starting price will be vital in bridging the gap to getting them, but they generally score better than rookies too, so judging when to move them on is key as onfield points may be lost in getting rid of say 2 midpricers for a premo and rookie upgrade/downgrade.

I tried to see if I could trade in a Williamson/Fisher and Adams for Roughy and JOM but I miss out by 6k :(

Looks like I might not be able to make an upgrade until round 7 or 8. Imo making one in round 5/6 is vital in getting a jump on the competition, but dunno how I see a solution currently.

I am tempted to go YOLO.

Roughy > Balic
JOM > Zorko

I can afford Adams/McCrae/... most popular players I dont own (bar super premo's like Zerrett), but Zorko is a gun that nobody owns.

Whats the point of a JOM > Swallow though which was popular. If JOM comes up next week, it was stupidity. Waste of a trade in my books.

I would be saying the same even if he got 90. Same reason I didn't jump on WHE which could kill me but ill stand by my convictions.
Steven and J Smith for M Murphy and WHE has been a great move for me so far :)

Murphy and WHE have outscored Parfitt and Butler so far for the last two weeks who would've been onfield if I didn't make those moves. However, there's only so many of those moves you can do a season as these types of players may not be keepers and may need to be moved on, but are great early season cash making options.

Steven and J Smith for M Murphy and WHE has been a great move for me so far :)

Murphy and WHE have outscored Parfitt and Butler so far for the last two weeks who would've been onfield if I didn't make those moves. However, there's only so many of those moves you can do a season as these types of players may not be keepers and may need to be moved on, but are great early season cash making options.

I havn't done one of those moves, I am curious to see how they go. In my mind I was ****ed not following the sheep, or would have a trade(s) up my sleeve. I will find out if I was right, or the masses were right.

Things are certainly different this year. It's why I've jumped on WHE and Pruess after their initial price rises and McGrath despite not starting with him. Something i have avoided in the past. I'm relying heavily on them for upgrades but even with them it's going to be incredibly difficult to bring in the likes of Zerrett and Rockliff.

2095 came 471st this week must have been some bad scores around wish i didnt captain danger... oh well i still moved up almost 2000 places :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2088 ... thought, "that's pretty s**t."

Checked RDT lobby ... ranked 554 for the week and up 352 places overall. Thought, "that can't be real ... did I actually score well?"

Came to have a look here. Reality check, it wasn't a disaster round for me but still well below some of the higher scoring BF teams.

Geez, got some dead wood amongst my rookies though. Stewart, Florent, Pickett, Hannan, Taranto. Plus Eddy and Darcy Cameron not even playing. Gonna have to move on a couple this week I think.

I havn't done one of those moves, I am curious to see how they go. In my mind I was ****** not following the sheep, or would have a trade(s) up my sleeve. I will find out if I was right, or the masses were right.
Brandon Matera and Tex Walker are on absolute fire at the moment

Dunno if Jenkins being out has helped Tex's scoring, but he's in Riewoldt mode currently, averaging 107 with 92, 110 and 121, I wonder if this is a career year for Tex and he is DT relevant? He's always scored ok over the years averaging normally between 75-85 but just had consistency issues with having a crap game every 5-6 weeks bringing his average down. Matera had two easy kills the last two weeks but will make a shitload (probably a good AFL fantasy trade in this week).

Christian Salem looks like he's breaking out and has been extremely consistent with 80-90 type scores so far, think he's gone 83, 127, 90, 87 so far which is excellent for a defender. Elliot Yeo has been extremely consistent also so far too with 3 100s and an 80, but we've all been burned by him previously so we'd be cautious at the moment, but he could be a great POD.

Just a few I've noticed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back