• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He said 50 odd, not above 50 :)
My apologies.

When talking 50 and above it does. :)

Or would you prefer me to throw a tantrum over my error being pointed out so you can white knight yourself? ;)

The Wire GIF

My apologies.

When talking 50 and above it does. :)

Or would you prefer me to throw a tantrum over my error being pointed out so you can white knight yourself? ;)

Whatever floats your boat m9 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he was clearly omitted.

His body is cooked, playing him in the VFL doesn't prove or change anything. Sitting him on the bench as the Emergency so someone who could actually use the VFL game, gets to play the VFL game, is much more sensible.

Totally different positions and skillsets.

Okay, well I don't agree. In the record books, he played an AFL game. If he plays AFL this week, he was anything but 'clearly omitted'. Playing him in the VFL will absolutely prove something - if he doesn't perform, that's it - he's done. Sitting him on the bench for a week after he had 4 stats the game prior and then bringing him back in to the senior team is what wouldn't prove or change anything (though that may not even happen).

For Hobbs, maybe - but you could also push Shiel or Caldwell out to a wing. And for Waterman, if we're talking playing forward, which has happened this year, he should 100% be playing ahead of Ham.

We were within 2 goals at time on in the last and tried to win it, opening ourselves to a bigger loss.

Port Adelaide were 8-ish goals down at 3QT and kicked a few goals in the last when the cue was in the rack.

Massive difference in the games.

I agree there were differences, was more noting that we don't want to get used to these 'honourable losses', especially for the younger guys.

This week will be more of a test - there'll be no such thing as a good loss this weekend. We need to win or it's season over.

Okay, well I don't agree. In the record books, he played an AFL game. If he plays AFL this week, he was anything but 'clearly omitted'. Playing him in the VFL will absolutely prove something - if he doesn't perform, that's it - he's done. Sitting him on the bench for a week after he had 4 stats the game prior and then bringing him back in to the senior team is what wouldn't prove or change anything (though that may not even happen).

For Hobbs, maybe - but you could also push Shiel or Caldwell out to a wing. And for Waterman, if we're talking playing forward, which has happened this year, he should 100% be playing ahead of Ham.

Why are you assuming he'll play this week, what has indicated that to you?

Was it that he was omitted for Tex Wanganeen, and Tex Wanganeen has been named on the field? Was it that Snelling who plays the role Smith should, but far better, has been added to the side?

It's much better to sit a senior player on the bench who has nothing to learn from the VFL as the Emergency - like we did with Zaharakis in his final year - than it is to sit a kid there who could actually benefit from the VFL match.

Smith was omitted. No ambiguity about it.

Devon Smith and Aaron Francis have been omitted

Caldwell is not a wingman, and is almost definitely a better genuine ballwinner at AFL level right now than Hobbs is, similar for Shiel.

Ham isn't playing as a forward, Waterman plays a different role.

Our forwardline is somehow more anaemic than it was, whilst they just added Tex and Sloane.

The midfield battle just became the linchpin of this game. If we don't get our contested possession sorted we are absjtely a legitimate chance of winning this.

Will need a big bag from Wright, and I would be very surprised of he isnt double and triple teamed at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back