Trades Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).png

Bray > Simpkin
McInerney > Bennell
Madgen > Hamill

Biting the bullet and holding Whit. I'll cop the price drop to save the trades getting him back later.
Settled on pretty boring moves.. 2 rooks fixed and a potential liability gone for someone good at similar price.

Defense sucks but everything else I'm ok with for now. Looking at Smith/Houston/Noble out for Lloyd etc over coming weeks. Happy to ride Starc and Brander on field for as long as they hold.

Thoughts?

Yeah I think they’re good trades! I think holding Whitfield is the right call. He’s had a bad start but if you trade him out you’re essentially locking in his bad scores. He will start to dominate no doubt once GWS hit their straps, has two good fixtures coming up as well.

Looking forward to bringing him in the over the next 1-2 weeks, he’ll be too cheap to resist.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 898652

Bray > Simpkin
McInerney > Bennell
Madgen > Hamill

Biting the bullet and holding Whit. I'll cop the price drop to save the trades getting him back later.
Settled on pretty boring moves.. 2 rooks fixed and a potential liability gone for someone good at similar price.

Defense sucks but everything else I'm ok with for now. Looking at Smith/Houston/Noble out for Lloyd etc over coming weeks. Happy to ride Starc and Brander on field for as long as they hold.

Thoughts?
Personally I think Smith and Noble are bigger concerns than Brayshaw.

Brayshaw has GC and Adelaide coming and has a BE of 40

Personally I'd go;
Whit > Simpkin
Magden > Butler
SMith > Lloyd

Simpkin looks to be scoring better than Whit so why hold?
SMith to Lloyd is a 30 point min upgrade

Hey fellas,

I'm currently ranked 95th overall, got quite lucky nailing a couple of mid pricers from the start in Viney, Howe and Ainsworth.
Pissed off with my captaincy choices if I'd have been smart/conservative and left the C on Grundy for the first three weeks instead of going Dunkley/Cripps/Dunkley id be a further 90 points ahead and sitting 9th overall.

Round 2 trades:
D.Roberton -> M.Pittonet
D.Fort -> B.Bewley
T.Green -> N.McHenry

Round 3 trades:
L.Whitfield -> B.Smith
I.Cumming -> A.McGrath
S.Naismith -> D.Cameron
79k remaining

Currently before round 4 trades my side looks like this:

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, D.Houston, J.Brander, B.Starcevich (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: J.Dunkley, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
RUC: B.Grundy, M.Pittonet (D.Cameron)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith, A.Brayshaw, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)
UTIL: B.Cavarra

This week im going with:
D.Houston -> T.Rivers - 350k cash grab. Wines back seems to have ruined Houston CBA's and played most of last week off half back where DBJ seems to be Port's preferred ball handler.
Dunkley -> Neale - easy way to get Neale in in the end.
Brayshaw to Simpkin - almost a must have at his current price for output and if playing the BE game.

These three leave me with 293k in the kitty, gaining 214k and three players all with breakevens they will demolish and losing barely any points in the process.

Round 4 side:

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, J.Brander, B.Starcevich, T.Rivers (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: L.Neale, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
RUC: B.Grundy (C), M.Pittonet (D.Cameron)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith (VC), J.Simpkin, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)

I wanted to get Bennell in this week but he will be a swap for Pickett or Anderson next week at this stage.

My next two upgrades ill be aiming for are to get Whitfield back in two weeks once bottomed out for Bewley hopefully costing me less than 200k to upgrade and Jake Lloyd into my defence.

Personally I think Smith and Noble are bigger concerns than Brayshaw.

Brayshaw has GC and Adelaide coming and has a BE of 40

Personally I'd go;
Whit > Simpkin
Magden > Butler
SMith > Lloyd

Simpkin looks to be scoring better than Whit so why hold?
SMith to Lloyd is a 30 point min upgrade
Brayshaw running around with that bung leg and low tog is a bigger concern for mine.

Those trades would be nice but falls short by about 80k

No-one is talking about Ollie Florent here?

I was thinking of going Dunkley to Florent who is 280k cheaper than Neale and is playing pure mid
Probably because hes averaging 40pts less than Neale and you arent going to pay 580k for someone to come in and score you 70's

Which of these "downgrades" would be the better idea in order to afford Brayshaw up to Simpkin

1. Laird to Haynes
2. Bewley to Pittonet (means C.Taylor F6 and Naismith/Pittonet rotating R2/R3)
3. Mcinerney to Butler (M8 Swap)
Pittonet is a must have imo, but if you dont get him this week i think 450k will be hard to justify next week.
I wouldnt downgrade to Butler until ive seem him play atleast once, especially the way Bevo is swinging the changes.
I wouldnt go Laird to Haynes as id be cautious of Haynes having to lockdown at some stage this season which would hamper his scoring. Laird is proven, you picked him for a reason at the start, he should come good, I mean the ball is going to be down his end alot this season :p

Hey fellas,

I'm currently ranked 95th overall, got quite lucky nailing a couple of mid pricers from the start in Viney, Howe and Ainsworth.
Pissed off with my captaincy choices if I'd have been smart/conservative and left the C on Grundy for the first three weeks instead of going Dunkley/Cripps/Dunkley id be a further 90 points ahead and sitting 9th overall.

Round 2 trades:
D.Roberton -> M.Pittonet
D.Fort -> B.Bewley
T.Green -> N.McHenry

Round 3 trades:
L.Whitfield -> B.Smith
I.Cumming -> A.McGrath
S.Naismith -> D.Cameron
79k remaining

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, D.Houston, J.Brander, B.Starcevich (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: J.Dunkley, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith, A.Brayshaw, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)

This week im going with:
D.Houston -> T.Rivers - 350k cash grab. Wines back seems to have ruined Houston CBA's and played most of last week off half back where DBJ seems to be Port's preferred ball handler.
Brayshaw to Simpkin - almost a must have at his current price for output and if playing the BE game.

These three leave me with 293k in the kitty, gaining 214k and three players all with breakevens they will demolish and losing barely any points in the process.

Round 4 side:

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, J.Brander, B.Starcevich, T.Rivers (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: L.Neale, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith (VC), J.Simpkin, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)

I wanted to get Bennell in this week but he will be a swap for Pickett or Anderson next week at this stage.

My next two upgrades ill be aiming for are to get Whitfield back in two weeks once bottomed out for Bewley hopefully costing me less than 200k to upgrade and Jake Lloyd into my defence.
Great start, well done!!
Personally I think the Houston > Rivers trade leaves you very open to rookies being dropped in your backline. 5 Rooks in any line bar the mids is a risk especially when Brander, Mcasey and Williams could all be not playing in one week.

With your great start and so many top teams seeming to struggle with non-playing rooks, if you can keep $$ coming in while keeping your high ranking, you're in with a chance!!

What about?
Houston >> Ridley (great J/S and role, averaging 70, B/E of 18)
Dunkley >> Neale
Picket/McHenry >> Butler (giving you a mid/def link with Starc to cover if needed)

I brought Ridley in last week as a BCV avg of 84 is D6 material this year, plus he should go up to $600k.
He is also very unique!! I also have Aish who although struggled in the torrential rain, has been pretty good.

If you want a left field idea for a $$ grab and fix a few things;
Dunkley > Bennell
Houston > Lloyd
Williams > Rivers

Great start, well done!!
Personally I think the Houston > Rivers trade leaves you very open to rookies being dropped in your backline. 5 Rooks in any line bar the mids is a risk especially when Brander, Mcasey and Williams could all be not playing in one week.

With your great start and so many top teams seeming to struggle with non-playing rooks, if you can keep $$ coming in while keeping your high ranking, you're in with a chance!!

What about?
Houston >> Ridley (great J/S and role, averaging 70, B/E of 18)
Dunkley >> Neale
Picket/McHenry >> Butler (giving you a mid/def link with Starc to cover if needed)

I brought Ridley in last week as a BCV avg of 84 is D6 material this year, plus he should go up to $600k.
He is also very unique!! I also have Aish who although struggled in the torrential rain, has been pretty good.

If you want a left field idea for a $$ grab and fix a few things;
Dunkley > Bennell
Houston > Lloyd
Williams > Rivers
All good points, cheers.

Personally I got burnt by Ridley last year and im not 100% convinced hes absolutely locked in the Bombers best 22.
I cant bring in Butler the way the Dogs have been going although showing some form last week I dont trust Bevo and his changes. If Butler performs next week he is in along with Bennell and hopefully Lloyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good points, cheers.

Personally I got burnt by Ridley last year and im not 100% convinced hes absolutely locked in the Bombers best 22.
I cant bring in Butler the way the Dogs have been going although showing some form last week I dont trust Bevo and his changes. If Butler performs next week he is in along with Bennell and hopefully Lloyd.
Yeah I'm the risk with Butler but he's only replacing Pickett who J/S and scoring is pretty bad.

If you can, go back and watch the Essendon Sydney game, especially the first half. Not only is his J/S great but they are trying to make him the +1 and looking for him on the out. It looks like they want Saad a bit higher (where there is more space) and McGrath is now full time mid.

Also anyone else got an eye on Dan Butler??

Although he is kicking goals to get his score, he is also tackling like a beast!!
yeah not a bad shout, has tigers this week too so might have a point to prove against his old team
there's just too many other things I got to do this week, last chance to get Simpking and Worldwide I think.

yeah not a bad shout, has tigers this week too so might have a point to prove against his old team
there's just too many other things I got to do this week, last chance to get Simpking and Worldwide I think.
Yeah I agree for this week, although I can't get Simpkin as I'm going Bont > Neale and Jacobs > Pitt.
Next week;
Houston and Greenwood out for Simpkin and maybe Lloyd.
Will see the new fixtures before looking at Butler but if he plays Adelaide he might come into my team!!

FFS really hope Naismith is not named. If he is named then I have to keep him, he will probably score 75+. I'll have him as Ruck E, then loop him on field with D.Cameron likely to get dropped for Cox. Pretty much means I say goodbye to Worldwide this year.

Naismith not named will allow me to do my preferred trades:

Naismith OUT, Worldwide IN
Houston OUT, Riddler IN
Sturt OUT, Simpking IN

I dont have a horse in the Whitfield game anymore (luckily traded last week).

But I think he's still a certain trade this week even if you still have him.

Despite his drop he still has some considerable value. He's got a large BE this week and unlikely to go big either (concussed players dont come out dominating, they have a weak 1st game back...).

I think he'll dish up another 50-65 and drop another $40-$50k.

Yes he'll probably come good eventually but based off what we've seen so far this year, who knows when that'll be? Could be 2 weeks. Could by 6 weeks. May not even happen this year? In the mean time you've get the green rolling.

Dont stick out a bad investment hoping it'll come good. Just my 2cents.

You have to trade Whit. His price will likely drop for the next three weeks even if he does turn around and start to average 80 (BCV 100. At which point you'll have made however much he is more expensive than where ge gets to in three or more weeks from now in hard cash. Plus you have the extra trade this season... it's a no-brainer for me. Wish I cut him last week.

Hey fellas,

Round 2 trades:
D.Roberton -> M.Pittonet
D.Fort -> B.Bewley
T.Green -> N.McHenry

Round 3 trades:
L.Whitfield -> B.Smith
I.Cumming -> A.McGrath
S.Naismith -> D.Cameron
79k remaining

This week im going with:

Round 4 side:

First of all nice work on the start so far!

I agree with Mezaire, all it takes is a couple of players to be dropped and you're a chance to get a zero...

If I was you I'd look to bring in Rivers for Williams as he will provide good cover on your bench and also generate cash for you later in the season, this is crucial for future upgrades.

With respect to Neale, he's definitely a good option but I would bring in Macrae if it was me. Dunkley being out will mean he should be thrown back to pure pn ball for the next few months and score really well. I think paying absolute top $$ for Neale gives the people ahead of you an advantage. He will get tagged at some stage and his price will come down, that's when it's a good time to grab him.

I like Brayshaw to Simpkin it's a no brainer and it will probably be the most popular trade this week.

Cumming --> Starcevich
Bewley --> Pittonet
Brayshaw --> Simpkin

Laird, Docherty, B.Smith, Houston, Starcevich, Rivers (Brander, B.Williams)
Gaff, Oliver, Coniglio, Mitchell, Ward, Rowell, Bennell, Pickett (Brown, Mcinerney)
Grundy, Pittonet (Naismith)
Petracca, D.Martin, B.Smith, Simpkin, Budarick, C.Taylor (King, D.Cameron, Cavara)

Hopefully can start trending upward from 15k rank. The only players that worry me in my side are my crows backs (could be dropped) , Houston (role) and Pickett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back