Game Day Round 4 v Port Adelaide @ AO, 7:40 AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like people have already forgotten how Melbourne played last year..?
It was kinda like this, a bit less exciting maybe because we hadn't consistently won games before.
Guess the novelty has worn off.

Club should fold.

They spoiled us in the finals series. I didn't really watch any replays from h&a last year, cuz you're right, we did enough. Still, doesn't mean you can't wish for more!

😂 The fu**.
This was their second biggest loss of the season the other 2 games were tight. We're the reigning premiers, we've handled every challenge so far without having to get out of second gear we're 4-0 with a makeshift defence and yet there's a group of you wanting to jump off bridges. It's embarrassing
Yep, I clearly want to jump off a bridge. Stop putting words in my mouth. What, I can't be disappointed in that last quarter? I've acknowledged we did enough to win the game which is great. But we should have buried them. Half way through the third they gave up, and yet we were outscored from that point. So I can't be disappointed in that? That's me jumping off a bridge is it? Jesus christ, I make 2 or 3 comments about not being ruthless enough which most on here agree with and I'm jumping off a bridge. That was a horrible game. Port were rubbish. Should have been a 12+ goal win. Disappointed it wasn't...

Mate, you really are a glass half empty guy aren't you.
I am. not gonna deny it. I would've taken a 32 point at the start of the game but when the team is goalless to half time and we're up by 40, to lose by 32 is horrible.

Pickett is a liability, as is Weideman. And Spargo made dumb decisions all night. That should be a 90 point win.

Yep, I clearly want to jump off a bridge. Stop putting words in my mouth. What, I can't be disappointed in that last quarter? I've acknowledged we did enough to win the game which is great. But we should have buried them. Half way through the third they gave up, and yet we were outscored from that point. So I can't be disappointed in that? That's me jumping off a bridge is it? Jesus christ, I make 2 or 3 comments about not being ruthless enough which most on here agree with and I'm jumping off a bridge. That was a horrible game. Port were rubbish. Should have been a 12+ goal win. Disappointed it wasn't...
Have some perspective. You're post read like the skies falling in. We're the reigning premiers, were 4-0, our Backline is being put back together and we've handled 3 of last year's finalists with ease. Get a grip lol

I am. not gonna deny it. I would've taken a 32 point at the start of the game but when the team is goalless to half time and we're up by 40, to lose by 32 is horrible.

Pickett is a liability, as is Weideman. And Spargo made dumb decisions all night. That should be a 90 point win.
Mate....

I jumped on Pickett last week but man, he was all over it tonight. Yes he didn't kick goals but by crikey his pressure and second efforts were good.

Spargo was pretty good too.

Time for your Prozac.

When he first arrived (similar to Lever), when he mucked up, it would lead to him mucking up again and losing a bit of confidence in himself. You can see it when normally he wins the contest, or evens it he then follows up, but when he's not at his best he doesn't halve it and then sits on his his heels. I'm not saying he's s**t, or he needs to be dropped, just saying when he's playing his best he doesn't do that.

Mate....

I jumped on Pickett last week but man, he was all over it tonight. Yes he didn't kick goals but by crikey his pressure and second efforts were good.

Time for your Prozac.
Mate Pickett was worst on ground! Botched a few shots on goal and gave 4 free kicks away. 8 possessions. 0 goals and 1 shanked shot on goal. We need much more from him.

Spargo's decision making going inside 50 has been horrendous. he's also not hitting the scoreboard at all. But I get he's there for pressure and foot skills but he's missing almost every single kick inside 50m.

Mate Pickett was worst on ground! Botched a few shots on goal and gave 4 free kicks away. 8 possessions. 0 goals and 0 shanked shot on goal. We need much more from him.

Spargo's decision making going inside 50 has been horrendous. he's also not hitting the scoreboard at all. But I get he's there for pressure and foot skills but he's missing almost every single kick inside 50m.

Pickett was worst on ground.
That's it on ignore. I can't keep reading this crap. This is genuine I have no idea what I'm talking about vibage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, you're spot on. It was a disappointing last quarter. And losing the 2nd half is terrible. We need to improve our offensive work. Hopefully brown helps with that. It was a terrible decision not to bring in Brown. I'd rather Brown playing sick, after a 10 hour flight, than Weideman because he played 1 decent game.

Mate....

Time for your Prozac.
No denying their pressure. I've loved what ANB has done this season so far as well. But all 3 are struggling to hit the scoreboard. Would like to see Koz in particular get to the feet of our tall forwards more. They are probably playing too high as per our structure to defend out of the F50, but I'd like to see them hit the scoreboard and get their hands on the pill a bit more. Koz and Spargs make good decisions and are damaging by foot. Would love to see both get closer to averaging 12-15 possessions a game. Hopefully that will come, but so far offensively they/we have been underwhelming.

No denying their pressure. I've loved what ANB has done this season so far as well. But all 3 are struggling to hit the scoreboard. Would like to see Koz in particular get to the feet of our tall forwards more. They are probably playing too high as per our structure to defend out of the F50, but I'd like to see them hit the scoreboard and get their hands on the pill a bit more. Koz and Spargs make good decisions and are damaging by foot. Would love to see both get closer to averaging 12-15 possessions a game. Hopefully that will come, but so far offensively they/we have been underwhelming.
He was one of our best according to TopKent

Dude, you're spot on. It was a disappointing last quarter. And losing the 2nd half is terrible. We need to improve our offensive work. Hopefully brown helps with that. It was a terrible decision not to bring in Brown. I'd rather Brown playing sick, after a 10 hour flight, than Weideman because he played 1 decent game.
Turned out to be a good decision to leave him home. Weid played like pus which isn't unusual, but we got the win without BBB and he'll be fresh against GWS who we struggled against at the G last year. BBB looks like he's in for a good season, so I'm kind of glad we didn't risk bringing him over. Our poor delivery meant he wouldn't have had much impact IMO anyway..

Jesus you guys are good. Reckon you're not even close to your best yet, some of your guys might be carrying niggles too, and you're just doing what you need to to win. When you can do that you know you're leagues ahead of most.
Spot on. Most would be disappointed we didn't win that by 72+ but clearly we're doing enough and hardly getting out of first gear. Maybe Lloyd was right during the week, that we need to be challenged to be stimulated. Hard to imagine that being said about a Dees team, but maybe he was right. I just want to be ruthless like Lions were last week, thought we had an opportunity tonight but we cruised instead of putting the foot down. Hopefully that comes at some stage..

Spot on. Most would be disappointed we didn't win that by 72+ but clearly we're doing enough and hardly getting out of first gear. Maybe Lloyd was right during the week, that we need to be challenged to be stimulated. Hard to imagine that being said about a Dees team, but maybe he was right. I just want to be ruthless like Lions were last week, thought we had an opportunity tonight but we cruised instead of putting the foot down. Hopefully that comes at some stage..

Yes we should model ourselves on the lions 😂

He was one of our best according to TopKent
Koz is like Cyril in so many ways. Man, that guy could have the best 7 possession games I've ever seen. Koz is a lot like that. I thought his pressure has been fantastic this season. His second efforts are there. Usually when a player is doing those things defensively, the offensive game clicks into gear at some point. I'm sure we'd all love to see him kicking 3 or 4 every week, but as long as his pressure game is there, he's doing his job.

Yes we should model ourselves on the lions 😂
Oh dear. You into picking fights again!? I hate people who put words into other peoples mouths or change words around to suit their argument. That's not what I've ever said so I have no idea wtf you're on about!? I said I wish we were as ruthless as the Lions were last week! It was disappointing we couldn't put a side to the sword when they were begging for the taking. WTF is your problem mate?

Koz is like Cyril in so many ways. Man, that guy could have the best 7 possession games I've ever seen. Koz is a lot like that. I thought his pressure has been fantastic this season. His second efforts are there. Usually when a player is doing those things defensively, the offensive game clicks into gear at some point. I'm sure we'd all love to see him kicking 3 or 4 every week, but as long as his pressure game is there, he's doing his job.

I'd like 1 goal minimum from him. But he's not even getting shots on goal. And with the dominance from us tonight, he had plenty of chances. And 4 free kicks is incredibly reckless. 4 frees away is basically handing the ball to the opposition 4 times. So even if his pressure his good, he's also allowed to ball to leave our forward 50m 4 times due to frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back