Game Day Round 4 vs. Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval, 5:10pm Sun 07/04 (Gather Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sullivan has only played one VFL game so far. He’s not going to be the difference between beating and not beating hawthorn.
I didn’t say he’d be the difference, but I think it’s a good opportunity to debut him or perhaps Bytel.

Sullivan was also named as an emergency for last night’s game, so I assume he’s not that far away.

You want him to come in and dominate cos he had a good preseason lol

Whole team got murdered in the second quarter

He did some good thing early in the third aswell

He needs continuity and string a few full games together then you can judge him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bro, I just don't think he's up to it. You have to earn continuity. You need to grab your chance when you get it and he didn't. We have better players waiting atm. I think Sullivan and Bytel might be just ahead of him

Bro, I just don't think he's up to it. You have to earn continuity. You need to grab your chance when you get it and he didn't. We have better players waiting atm. I think Sullivan and Bytel might be just ahead of him
Maybe we should wait for at least todays game

I hate revolving door selection, it doesn’t set players up for success. Hawthorn is the ideal opponent for macrae to be given another opportunity,

Don't think there will be any real changes. Given there is no VFL game next week, fly talks about backing players in, so reckon Fin should still play --otherwise he doesn't play for 2 weeks. He'll want to redeem himself and going up against the hawks mids would probably be more his style.

Don't think there will be any real changes. Given there is no VFL game next week, fly talks about backing players in, so reckon Fin should still play --otherwise he doesn't play for 2 weeks. He'll want to redeem himself and going up against the hawks mids would probably be more his style.
I’ve been a big supporter of macrae Jen. But the only conversation should be who’s our best line up to win. Not what’s best for any single player including macrae.

I reckon Sidey will come back in. And macrae to the VFL.

I’m very keen to see how Sullivan goes in the vfl however

Starting to wonder if having a veteran on our sub bench regularly might actually be a winning formula for the future. Crisp was outstanding when he came on,
I can see Pendles, WHE and other older players rotating through there a lot this year. Nicky D as well to manage their game time but still keep some continuity about the side.

I’ve been a big supporter of macrae Jen. But the only conversation should be who’s our best line up to win. Not what’s best for any single player including macrae.

I reckon Sidey will come back in. And macrae to the VFL.

I’m very keen to see how Sullivan goes in the vfl however
Yeah, but like I said, there is no VFL next week.
He should be backed in to respond. No point of him missing out on footy for 2 weeks. Thats not gonna help.

We should be starting Nick isolated at full forward next week

Make Maginness nervous

Make sure all forward 50 entries are low grubbers and scare him into giving away frees

I can see Pendles, WHE and other older players rotating through there a lot this year. Nicky D as well to manage their game time but still keep some continuity about the side.
My thoughts are that its not just about managing them to keep them fresh

Potentially it might actually make us a better side and have an improved chance of winning. With elite/experienced talent ready to come on in the third quarter they can immediately impact , rather than the “ last man picked” who sometimes struggles with the pace of the game coming on cold.

Not every week but potentially this might be a regular thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but like I said, there is no VFL next week.
He should be backed in to respond. No point of him missing out on footy for 2 weeks. Thats not gonna help.

The VFL schedule shouldn’t matter.

Pick the strongest possible 23 to beat the Hawks by a big margin. Sidey will return and Fin was terrible in a hugely important positional role.

Crisp should replace Fin in the middle, Sidey comes in for Macrae and Lippa or WHE slides to the sub role.

If Sullivan smashes it in the VFL today, perhaps Lippa will find himself out of the 23 too.

It’s brutal for Fin but there’s no place for sentimentality or passengers in our midfield in a quest for back to back Premierships.

The VFL schedule shouldn’t matter.

Pick the strongest possible 23 to beat the Hawks by a big margin. Sidey will return and Fin was terrible in a hugely important positional role.

Crisp should replace Fin in the middle, Sidey comes in for Macrae and Lippa or WHE slides to the sub role.

If Sullivan smashes it in the VFL today, perhaps Lippa will find himself out of the 23 too.

It’s brutal for Fin but there’s no place for sentimentality or passengers in our midfield in a quest for back to back Premierships.

Lippa's 100th game next week, he'll be in the starting line up.

Lippa's 100th game next week, he'll be in the starting line up.

You’re probably right about Lippa Jen but again that’s a sentimental rather than objective approach to selection - much like wanting Fin to get another chance to redeem himself.

You’re probably right about Lippa Jen but again that’s a sentimental rather than objective approach to selection - much like wanting Fin to get another chance to redeem himself.

Lippa was fine. Its not sentimental.

But Its not a sentimental approach to be giving macrae another game. It’s a practical one. You don’t always have to pick your absolute best 22 every week…… otherwise we wouldn’t be resting players. Leaving a spot for development from time to time with an eye to the future as well as next week is sensible planning. So is giving them a block of games.

I hope he stays in next week. Let the VFL boys have more than one or two games before putting their hands up.

But Its not a sentimental approach to be giving macrae another game. It’s a practical one. You don’t always have to pick your absolute best 22 every week…… otherwise we wouldn’t be resting players. Leaving a spot for development from time to time with an eye to the future as well as next week is sensible planning. So is giving them a block of games.

I hope he stays in next week. Let the VFL boys have more than one or two games before putting their hands up.

I would tend to agree with you if Fin showed any elite traits or X-factor but to my eye he is as vanilla as vanilla gets.

On the 15 occasions Fin has been selected since his 2021 debut, he has done nothing to earn the block of games that you, Jen and others want to gift him.

Let’s see what Sullivan, Bytel, Allan and DeMattia can do. Perhaps one or more of them will grab their opportunity much more quickly and decisively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back