Preview Round 5, 2019: Hawthorn v Geelong, 22 April 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, you can’t come up the next week after a concussion.
Stratts shouldn’t be playing even if we wanted him to.
Mirra is supposed to be the more mature & composed player but TOB should be the one selected as the late change.
I’m very interested as to who & what plays out here with the future in mind

Gon a sound weird and contradictory to what I think of him but if stratts doesn’t get up, I wanna see TOB before Mirra.
Brand and O’Brien need to be seen what they are capable for the next couple of weeks before clarko closes the book on them! Give them another chance imo.

Selections absolutely spot on the money, looks like we’re going to attack the cats... if we are going to be any good we can’t have blokes like Mirra playing senior footy.
You literally cannot post without putting a player down can you?

Hopefully Morrison and Nash can find some form, Clark’s has stuck with them and they have let the team down, this has to be their last chance

Brand and TOB have a really good synergy happening at Boxhill. Be smart to bring them in together if Stratts pulls out late

Having synergy in a sub standard VFL is different to AFL footy, means very little. Would prefer Brand to play along with Stratts, implementing both TOB and KB in the same week against the cats is asking for trouble. KB alone I think can do a good enough job, just hoping he can get some support.

The cegs dropped I can live with was quite scathing in my ruck review last week.

Mirra was unlucky Stratton has been worse than him this year and doesn't even try to be an option on the spread so mirra does it and stuffs up... captain takes the soft route... that is not captaincy 2 me.

Didnt get around 2 the forward or back lines last week. So our two biggest issues with them right now are an unfit gunston being unable 2 compete or kick straight and a runner up in our best and fairest having very little impact at all. In fact I'm soon gonna call him and our captain Samson and Samson jnr at least with the mullets they had a crack.

If those 3 players lift we're a slight chance if they don't it could get ugly.

I post what I feel.. pop me in ignore if you like. FWIW I am right.
It'd be different if someone mentioned them and you replied, but someone would post "What time does the game start?"

and we'd get "3:20, roughly the same time Shoenmakers starts stuffing things up." or something similar. We get it you hate some players and love others. You don't have to tell us in every single post.

You're the BF poster equivalent of a vegan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be different if someone mentioned them and you replied, but someone would post "What time does the game start?"

and we'd get "3:20, roughly the same time Shoenmakers starts stuffing things up." or something similar. We get it you hate some players and love others. You don't have to tell us in every single post.

You're the BF poster equivalent of a vegan.
At least he had a good warm up then though? :D

Seriously, you can’t come up the next week after a concussion.
Stratts shouldn’t be playing even if we wanted him to.
Mirra is supposed to be the more mature & composed player but TOB should be the one selected as the late change.
I’m very interested as to who & what plays out here with the future in mind

Rockcliff, Marshall and Sam Collins all did in the last 2 weeks... Rockliff off a 6 day break.
I’d be stunned if Stratton doesn’t get up.

Fantastic changes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Agree. Although having Frawley for Hawkins would have been nice. But I think Brand will do fine.

It will be interesting to see how we play with just the one ruckman. I think maybe with the new rules I’ve noticed that dominating in the hit outs hasn’t correlated to winning the centre clearances or even the clearances around the ground. If you are going to play two rucks they better hit the score board or provide good contested marks around the ground if not your better off with a forward pinch hitting.

It’s still early days obviously and we’re coming against an elite midfield while ours lacks depth and high end talent so it may be hard to measure the need for two rucks. Lewis needs to make an impact this week against a very tough opposition with probably little opportunities. He just needs to make a contest to lock the ball in or give our crumbers a chance. And he needs to be in sync with McEvoy because at times he will need to get up the field for the outlet kick if McEvoy is out of position or can’t get across to provide

I post what I feel.. pop me in ignore if you like. FWIW I am right.
Done. Good bye. First poster Ive actually put on ignore list. Are you actually a supporter or so miserable that you like to pot every player that isn't A grade on our list. Imagine what you would be like if you were an aints supporter. Their board would be flooded with your feelings.

If there are no late outs, that team is probably the best case we could hope for given the players that received treatment during the game last week. Still think we are travelling a little worse than 2-2 makes it look, and that we are trying to paper over too many cracks, that Geelong will be able to open up in ways our opponents were not equipped to do so thus far.

Looking at the teams I'm paper, I'm a little more optimistic than I was at the start of the week. Wingard and Scully a bit closer to fully match fit should help give us a boost. The glass half full part of me notes that our downfall in our losses have started after in game injuries, so if we can have some luck there we might avoid getting embarrassed, but I still see our clearance and efficiency issues as something that isn't going to get fixed in a week. I also fear we underrate Frawley shockingly, and that this will become more than apparent on the weekend. Happy for Brand to get a go though, Frawley isn't going to be around forever, so getting some games into him will be handy.

With the results unfolding this weekend it is very hard to know who the pretenders are, and so where we stand against the rest of the competition. Would love an unexpected win to offset our two capitulations.

If there are no late outs, that team is probably the best case we could hope for given the players that received treatment during the game last week. Still think we are travelling a little worse than 2-2 makes it look, and that we are trying to paper over too many cracks, that Geelong will be able to open up in ways our opponents were not equipped to do so thus far.

Looking at the teams I'm paper, I'm a little more optimistic than I was at the start of the week. Wingard and Scully a bit closer to fully match fit should help give us a boost. The glass half full part of me notes that our downfall in our losses have started after in game injuries, so if we can have some luck there we might avoid getting embarrassed, but I still see our clearance and efficiency issues as something that isn't going to get fixed in a week. I also fear we underrate Frawley shockingly, and that this will become more than apparent on the weekend. Happy for Brand to get a go though, Frawley isn't going to be around forever, so getting some games into him will be handy.

With the results unfolding this weekend it is very hard to know who the pretenders are, and so where we stand against the rest of the competition. Would love an unexpected win to offset our two capitulations.

I like the team and this is going to be a close one even though they are the form team; just have a feeling...

Morrison needs to show the faith tomorrow.

This season has been so unpredictable, it means just about any side that is on for the day, can win no matter where they sit on the ladder.

Frawley has done well on Hawkins so hope that Brand plays him very close and uses his body to get front position as neither are explosive off the step. Play him close please Brand and annoy him all day.

Looking forward to seeing what Lewis can bring and wouldn't mind seeing Rough in the middle in patches as he still has very quick reflexes / handballs out when on ground level for a big bloke. Can set it up.

Scully is an absolute gun with non-stop running and getting him has really been the steal of the century.

Howe and Worpell need to nullify Danger and Duckwood as Billings last week got far to much space for my liking but concede he is a very good player.

Geelong are the clear favourites in this game and rightly so, but feel we may just pinch it with no-one expecting it.

Let's roll...

I like the team and this is going to be a close one even though they are the form team; just have a feeling...

I've defender Morrison, but I must admit, my patience is starting to wear thin. He still looks super composed with the ball, and a class user IMO, but I'm not sure we can have a player playing his role get as little of the ball as he does. If he's playing defensive roles that is making it harder for him to get his own ball, then I question if it is the right role for him. Guys who are composed with ball hand need more of the ball in their hands!

Looking forward to seeing what Lewis can bring and wouldn't mind seeing Rough in the middle in patches as he still has very quick reflexes / handballs out when on ground level for a big bloke. Can set it up.

I realise we are going to have to bite the bullet at some stage , and start playing Lewis, but after seeing him in the seniors so far, I'm nervous about taking on another project player when we already have Nash in the forward line, and are playing thin further up the ground due to injuries. If he's really ready, then let him have at it, but if he's expected to be still wearing training wheels, I'm concerned, and would rather see someone with more experience brought in, that has a track record of making a contest and bringing the ball to ground for Wingard/Breust (like Shoey, although it seems his 'grumbly' achilles is stilly grumbling).

Scully is an absolute gun with non-stop running and getting him has really been the steal of the century.

Howe and Worpell need to nullify Danger and Duckwood as Billings last week got far to much space for my liking but concede he is a very good player.

How much time is Selwood spending in the centre square now? Sounded like they had him playing a bit more outside now, and his clearance numbers for the year gel with that. Seems Danger and Kelly are the guys we'll need to watch most closely rather than Danger and Selwood. With Scully, Smith (and Henderson in his present form), we should be able to cut most teams up on the outside, but it doesn't seem to be happening yet. Perhaps not getting it out to them enough.

This season has been so unpredictable, it means just about any side that is on for the day, can win no matter where they sit on the ladder.

Frawley has done well on Hawkins so hope that Brand plays him very close and uses his body to get front position as neither are explosive off the step. Play him close please Brand and annoy him all day.

Geelong are the clear favourites in this game and rightly so, but feel we may just pinch it with no-one expecting it.

Let's roll...

Ps I mean on Monday
I've defender Morrison, but I must admit, my patience is starting to wear thin. He still looks super composed with the ball, and a class user IMO, but I'm not sure we can have a player playing his role get as little of the ball as he does. If he's playing defensive roles that is making it harder for him to get his own ball, then I question if it is the right role for him. Guys who are composed with ball hand need more of the ball in their hands!

I realise we are going to have to bite the bullet at some stage , and start playing Lewis, but after seeing him in the seniors so far, I'm nervous about taking on another project player when we already have Nash in the forward line, and are playing thin further up the ground due to injuries. If he's really ready, then let him have at it, but if he's expected to be still wearing training wheels, I'm concerned, and would rather see someone with more experience brought in, that has a track record of making a contest and bringing the ball to ground for Wingard/Breust (like Shoey, although it seems his 'grumbly' achilles is stilly grumbling).

How much time is Selwood spending in the centre square now? Sounded like they had him playing a bit more outside now, and his clearance numbers for the year gel with that. Seems Danger and Kelly are the guys we'll need to watch most closely rather than Danger and Selwood. With Scully, Smith (and Henderson in his present form), we should be able to cut most teams up on the outside, but it doesn't seem to be happening yet. Perhaps not getting it out to them enough.

Henderson and Smith are not taggers and indeed let them run free but Scully; who is very hard at it and just an elite runner, would give the real shits to anyone if given that role to negate a certain player's influence as he doesn't stop.

First game he was naturally tentative at the contest, almost holding back / nervous but the next outing was wow. He will only get better which is scary good for us. O'Meara also, tough and a beauty but even for him made some bad errors last week before the hip injury. Thank God not a knee!

Anyway, we won't really know before the first bounce; as will always be a few tricks up Scott's and Clarkson's sleeve till the last minute.

Against Geelong the biggest issue is the midfield. We will back Worpell first against Selwood because unlike Howe, Worpell can be attacking. But we leave Danger free. We can’t be too defensive we need to try win a clearance because with every stoppage created just leans further in their odds to get control of the footy.

I hope to be wrong but I think Monday will be a blood bath and it won’t be in our favour. We’re a 7-12th quality team before the season started but the injuries have exploited our holes. Clarkson is a wizard in keeping us competitive as we get smashed in the clearances and stoppages week in and out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back