Autopsy Round 5, 2023 : Positives and Negatives v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

He is President of the AFLPA player representatives that has agreed to a Collective Bargaining Agreement of approximately 28% of total competition revenue, when almost all other comparable leagues average a figure between 40-50%.

Total revenue was almost $950M in 2022.

Of course he gets special treatment. As the figurehead of a pliant player's association that refuses to bargain for its appropriate share, he is effectively saving the competition administration $150M annually.
But the question is, and i know his position, is it right???

Still strange he wasn’t cited. Discussion in the media is usually enough. Strange.
There has been a bit of a stir up on Facebook asking why nothing has been done.
It is, for me , now highlighting how corrupt the AFL really is.
Are not a few of the hierarchy ex Geelong players?

Everybody knows it isn't right (including the AFL).

He should be treated no different from any other player in the competition.

Money has a habit of changing outcomes however.
jumping actrion with leg our - not a kick. This has always beed acceptable. Ask Sandi.(knee in that case). I think it is an anomalie in the laws but it is hardwired.

jumping actrion with leg our - not a kick. This has always beed acceptable. Ask Sandi.(knee in that case). I think it is an anomalie in the laws but it is hardwired.
So high contact with your foot is okay?

There has been a bit of a stir up on Facebook asking why nothing has been done.
It is, for me , now highlighting how corrupt the AFL really is.
Are not a few of the hierarchy ex Geelong players?
More than a few. Geelong is the most influential club in the league and they get to do it all quietly through their key men in high positions.

More than a few. Geelong is the most influential club in the league and they get to do it all quietly through their key men in high positions.
Interesting comment, if you ponder the lack of WC leadership on field there could be a link. We don't seem to have produced many leaders (and thats a broad church) with the gravitas to be influential post playing days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back