Preview Round 5 vs Brisbane at the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

So are we returning to SA after this game and FIFO for the subsequent two rounds in QLD ?
We're coming home Sunday after the Crows game, sharing a flight. Will fly back for the games the following weekend. That was the plan until AFL put out the fixture for the next couple though.

Right now there are two tiers. Collingwood and GWS on the one side and Gold Coast, Brisbane and PortAdelaide on the other. It’ll be interesting to see whose form stacks up the best. Before last round they swore that Collingwood were “clearly the best”. While we need to wait and see I am looking forward to playing different teams. This reminds me of baseball where you are familiar with the teams in your group. Like the Yankees vs Redsocks. We are the top of the Queensland hub but yet to venture to other groups

Unfortunately I was at that finals as well. :( Living in Melbourne at the time I couldn't get to all our finals games at Footy Park. Until 2004 I got seeing our 3 losses in week 1 in 2001, 2002 and 2003. At least 2004 I got to see the win against Geelong at FP (and the GF at the MCG).

I remember being at the G when we lost to Collingwood back in 2003 :-(

On the upside being at all 3 finals games in 2004 was a phenomenal experience. I was fortunate to experience those games with some Port Board members of yesteryear, who no longer post here! We are all still friends since meeting back in 2002 due this board.

Unfortunately I was at that finals as well. :( Living in Melbourne at the time I couldn't get to all our finals games at Footy Park. Until 2004 I got seeing our 3 losses in week 1 in 2001, 2002 and 2003. At least 2004 I got to see the win against Geelong at FP (and the GF at the MCG).
Your experience sounds very similar to mine.

I flew to Brisbane for the first final in 2001 and then flew to Adelaide the following week for the infamous Hawthorn loss. I completed the grand trifecta of travelling misery the following year by flying to Adelaide for the Collingwood debacle.

After that, I'd had enough and didn't come back for the Essendon game the next week.

At least things worked out better in 2004, when I got to see all the winning finals. By then, I was back living in Adelaide for a stint and managed to get a free flight to Melbourne for the GF when a work colleague from Brisbane decided that it was necessary to have an "urgent work meeting" in Melbourne two days before the game...

Hey all, if anyone is looking for a ticket to the game I have one spare.

Tickets were minimum purchase of 2 and all my regular game attendees are unavailable.

Have found a supporter through the Qld Supporters Facebook group in case my last friend option says no, but thought a BF person would be a good idea too

Hey all, if anyone is looking for a ticket to the game I have one spare.

Tickets were minimum purchase of 2 and all my regular game attendees are unavailable.

Have found a supporter through the Qld Supporters Facebook group in case my last friend option says no, but thought a BF person would be a good idea too
Not a Port barracker, but Billy ray was interested.

hey dudes and dudettes
anyone here in brisbane or surrounds and can get me a single ticket to go to the game? willing to pay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back