Autopsy Round 5 vs St Kilda, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 16th April, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Same.

Not overly powerful, and not exactly blessed with pace, but Bowes‘ ability to create time and space is second to none and I back him to choose the right option more often than not and use it well (something we really need more of through the middle). Makes the midfield much more balanced IMO, with Rowell and Touk in tight feeding It out and Bowes the first or second handball receiver.

Ideally similar to Noah but with much better ball use.

I imagine he will take Davies’ spot but with a lot more CBAs.
Id prefer Touk to be the first handball receiver. He has the pace and footskills you want on the outside.

It'd be nice to play a team more at our level. Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton & Saint Kilda are all 4-1 teams or 5-0 teams. We jagged once against the Blues, but we need more wins to get our confidence up. Kudos to us though, we haven't been blown away like we may have been in years gone by. No big losses against the big teams yet.

That GWS loss might really sting and thus far a real outlier. Hopefully we can maintain our pressure and what we've seen so far this year against sides either around us on the ladder or below us. That should get us a few more wins than last year.

Jack was pretty much invisible last year so I’m not relying on him to bounce back in career form

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I thought he was alright last year, tough role playing as a defender despite not training for it over the summer.
Played the quarterback role well and was pretty solid defensively

He won lots of possessions last year but I think it was a bit of a nothing year.
Didn't really like him in that role.
Clearly need a bit more composure and size round the middle so you think that's where he'll best be utilised.

Bowes has also had run with roles/loose tag on Bont Cripps Fyfe few years back when we started well.

He looked super fit over preseason I’m backing him in, at the cost of Davies but that’s fine. If he’s good enough to break into the team I’m all for it. Now for swallow where will he fit

Not sure Bowes fixes our midfield, but let’s be optimistic. As mentioned, he replaces young kids like Davies. Maybe even Fiorini, depending on form.

I’m keen for Hollands this week. Depends if Luko is fit too.

But at least one change for me: Hollands in, Davies out. Possibly Burgess for Chol (injured) based on VFL form.

Reckon bowes would be good on a wing. Would be more damaging than fiorini going into forward 50. Maybe could spend small bursts in the middle and Anderson could go to the wing for a change up.

Reckon bowes would be good on a wing. Would be more damaging than fiorini going into forward 50. Maybe could spend small bursts in the middle and Anderson could go to the wing for a change up.
Probably best to leave Anderson where he is, he's developing at an exceptional rate. Leading the way for clearances and adding goals to his game.

Bowes on the wing is a good shout especially if Atkins can't take his chance. Sharp/Hollands will have to push thru the 2's form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back