Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Friday 19/04/24 @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm not one to make bombastic predictions about our teams - but i feel like there's bound to be a big call soon (this week/next week) on laverde's spot in the side, with hayes & roberts both in decent VFL form, a game like this may be important to give them some genuine AFL time against a decent opposition.

Probably not the week for it with Walker and Fogarty being actual suitable match ups for Laverde for once.

As bounce down approaches I get more (sucked in) optimistic.
Crows have a thread bare back line.
Langers and Stringer in form.
Jones is on a roll (any posts from my account after round 1 suggesting he didn’t have my complete confidence were because my account was hacked).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously anything could happen.

But I expect us to win and fairly easily. Adelaide have a few elite players but the bit players are pretty green. We look inconsistent but I believe we have turned up in every quarter this year except the last two against Port.

Soligo, Rankin and Rachele made their midfield look way more dynamic last week but I reckon we still have the cattle to beat them head to head.

If we win that midfield battle our forward line will put a score on. For them Fogarty is out of form and I will back McKay against Tex as long as the ball isn’t flying in.

Another serving of that forward press, a win on the road, 4-2.. it’s dare to dream time if that happens LOL.

Obviously anything could happen.

Soligo, Rankin and Rachele made their midfield look way more dynamic last week but I reckon we still have the cattle to beat them head to head.

Another serving of that forward press, a win on the road, 4-2.. it’s dare to dream time if that happens LOL.

Came in to touch on the midfield battle, head to head we match up (athletically) very well against them.

Keays at 186cm seems to be the only regular midfielder after the horrably out of form Jordan Dawson to play regularly in there.

Laid, Soligo, Berry are smaller like ours, then the impact / rotation mids Rachelle, Rankine are small as well.

If we can bring the whole ground effort that has seen us dominate patches then we could pull a punch early and stay the course.

I am taking nothing for granted as an Essendon supporter anymore, will be a slog, especially against a side with a point to prove on there home deck.

Merrett, McKay and one of our forwards needs to fire for us to be a chance.

Bombers by 21

Not a huge fan of the Tsatas inclusion.

Would prefer to keep seeing him learning his craft and addressing issues at VFL level, playing as an inside mid. I’d like to see him play the way he needs to play for a good 10 game stretch at that level.

Not sure what the plan is but if he’s playing wing, forward or as the sub then I don’t see the value. Maybe Caldwell won’t play and he does see midfield minutes….but could Hobbs not absorb those?

Not a huge fan of the Tsatas inclusion.

Would prefer to keep seeing him learning his craft and addressing issues at VFL level, playing as an inside mid. I’d like to see him play the way he needs to play for a good 10 game stretch at that level.

Not sure what the plan is but if he’s playing wing, forward or as the sub then I don’t see the value. Maybe Caldwell won’t play and he does see midfield minutes….but could Hobbs not absorb those?
i think it comes down to a bit of 1) who else could we include to play that in a forward/ now likely midfield role. 2) getting an opportunity against better players will do nothing but help him overall.

besides, he was likely going to be picked as an emergency so he would've travelled over with the team anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back