Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finlayson suspended for three weeks

And not condoning either but how do you suspend a player three weeks on these grounds but not a coach on something that was deemed along the same lines.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.Double standards not doubt.Clarkson is obviously much higher up the AFL’s pecking order than a player like Finlayson is.

Finlayson suspended for three weeks

And not condoning either but how do you suspend a player three weeks on these grounds but not a coach on something that was deemed along the same lines.

Presumably different context and different comments. Clearly what Finlayson said was infinitely more offensive.

Only the AFL will know the difference in the two scenarios but just because they are along the same lines doesn’t make them identical. Finlayson perhaps hit a nerve while Clarkson was just chucking out a cliched insult.

Good for Collingwood, that’s all I care about.

Presumably different context and different comments. Clearly what Finlayson said was infinitely more offensive.

Only the AFL will know the difference in the two scenarios but just because they are along the same lines doesn’t make them identical. Finlayson perhaps hit a nerve while Clarkson was just chucking out a cliched insult.

Good for Collingwood, that’s all I care about.
Do we know who he said it to?

If he made a homophobic insult to a homosexual player then I think that would be a higher level of offence??

I would think it would be. Maybe I'm out of touch though.

Clarko just made general homophobic insult I think not meant as one. A poor use of language. The player it was directed at probably wasn't personally offended.

3 weeks sounds like a lot though.

Hawks had no forwardline and still almost won.
I think we should focus on fixing ourselves rather than the opposition.
We are just supporters so we can’t influence results….. but of course a weaker opposition helps. Nobody cries for Collingwood when we have players missing. Hawthorn at the end of the day didn’t win either so maybe it was a blessing they weren’t at full strength

We are just supporters so we can’t influence results….. but of course a weaker opposition helps. Nobody cries for Collingwood when we have players missing. Hawthorn at the end of the day didn’t win either so maybe it was a blessing they weren’t at full strength
Yup, we prob got lucky they didn't have them

Do we know who he said it to?

If he made a homophobic insult to a homosexual player then I think that would be a higher level of offence??

I would think it would be. Maybe I'm out of touch though.

Clarko just made general homophobic insult I think not meant as one. A poor use of language. The player it was directed at probably wasn't personally offended.

3 weeks sounds like a lot though.
That’s kinda what I was hinting at. Not that I know the answer to your question ( nor care to know the details) but only the AFL know the context so it’s a bit pointless saying “ yeah but what about Clarko” without knowing the facts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, we prob got lucky they didn't have them
Or Hardwick just took us completely by surprise (he surprised a lot of people including Hawks supporters) & he wasn't paid the respect like a few of the Hawks missing forwards may have been..

Or Hardwick just took us completely by surprise (he surprised a lot of people including Hawks supporters) & he wasn't paid the respect like a few of the Hawks missing forwards may have been..
Our defenders clearly didn't know who this bloke was lol I barely had heard of him. Mitchell had a plan B.. moved some things around.
We did not. But kept trying the same thing again and again expecting a different result.
There was this bloke sitting next to me that was like -- stop kicking up to the line to cox, who keeps getting outmarked. Try something different. What we were doing was just not working.

Our defenders clearly didn't know who this bloke was lol I barely had heard of him. Mitchell had a plan B.. moved some things around.
We did not. But kept trying the same thing again and again expecting a different result.
There was this bloke sitting next to me that was like -- stop kicking up to the line to cox, who keeps getting outmarked. Try something different. What we were doing was just not working.
Agree. I guess (hope) they'll learn a lot from that.

A lot criticise Fly for not making in game changes, but when he took Fin off in the Lions game & put Crisp on, it worked a treat. As much I'm one who wanted Fin to get more TOG & opportunity.

Some things work, some don't. I don't think even Mitchell could have envisaged that move working out so well.

Agree. I guess (hope) they'll learn a lot from that.

A lot criticise Fly for not making in game changes, but when he took Fin off in the Lions game & put Crisp on, it worked a treat. As much I'm one who wanted Fin to get more TOG & opportunity.

Some things work, some don't. I don't think even Mitchell could have envisaged that move working out so well.
Maybe not. But apparantely Hardwick trained as a forward all pre-season, but forced him to go back when all their defenders went down.

Maybe not. But apparantely Hardwick trained as a forward all pre-season, but forced him to go back when all their defenders went down.
Yep that's what the commentators were saying during the game. I think Sam may have even mentioned it at half time when talking about the move.

Hodge has also said during the week that Clarko (when Hawks coach) always wanted his players to be able to play multiple roles in case of emergency. So no doubt it's something Mitchell values from his time under Alistair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back