Game Day Round 7, 2016: WB vs Crows at Etihad - Eddie Does Dalhaus

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires were s**t but there were other factors for the loss. We started like s**t and fell well behind because of turnovers, sloppy footy, missed tackles and poor decision making. Senior players were poor tonight and there's still a lot to work on. Huge game next week, 4-4 would be a huge disappointment given how well we've played.
I'm still struggling to comprehend we could be on the same number of wins as Port after this round, it's not right. I don't think I truly grasped how tough our draw was at the start of the season in comparison to other sides who finished well above us last season, it's a joke.

We need to win our next 3. Geelong and GWS at home are just absolute must wins, cannot drop any games at home. Should annihilate the GC.

It's hard to know what to say. We were terrible and basically lost by a kick. Every time we got close the umps gave them one that wasn't there and they kicked 2 or 3 in a row to turn it.

Bit harsh on Tex, he worked hard tonight and if he had stuck a few of those marks it doesn't look so bad, sitting at home he dropped between 8-10 chances(obviously not good enough) but not out worst)

Thompson, sloane, crouches, Douglas, Mackay- our midfield all quiet.

Eddie, Gov - quiet

We've had some tough weeks at selection but this is going to be the toughest. Afl6 day break, sanfl 5 day break.

Can't blame the umps but bloody oath we can, momentum in footy is huge and they turned it their way every time!

Bring on Friday night think we'll see a response! F**k em all

So you think the umpiring was reasonable?

Time to check out specsavers... ;)

I'm not saying that at all - did you not see several of my posts about the poor umpiring tonight. I even suggested Pyke give them a spray walking off the ground tonight :D

I'm saying they had a bad night and leaving it there. We don't need to descend into the weekly conspiracy theories that they deliberately go out there to umpire against us. No umpire would risk their career or their integrity by doing that.

It's hard to know what to say. We were terrible and basically lost by a kick. Every time we got close the umps gave them one that wasn't there and they kicked 2 or 3 in a row to turn it.

Bit harsh on Tex, he worked hard tonight and if he had stuck a few of those marks it doesn't look so bad, sitting at home he dropped between 8-10 chances(obviously not good enough) but not out worst)

Eddie, Gov - quiet

We've had some tough weeks at selection but this is going to be the toughest. Afl6 day break, sanfl 5 day break.

Can't blame the umps but bloody oath we can, momentum in footy is huge and they turned it their way every time!

Mckay has to go...cant tackle or take the ball with him if its contested. Doesn't even flop to yhe ground on the odd occasion he gets the nut and is then tackled. At least play for the free

I'm not saying that at all - did you not see several of my posts about the poor umpiring tonight.

I'm saying they had a bad night and leaving it there. We don't need to descend into the weekly conspiracy theories that they deliberately go out there to umpire against us. No umpire would risk their career or their integrity by doing that.
17 frees to 1.

You think he didn't realise?

Was blatant cheating!

marold_donate_transparent_504.png

#freekickbulldogs

Enjoyed that Dogs free kick on the wing in the final quarter, some Dogs player runs at Hartigan for whatever reason, Hartigan takes him high. Umpire pays a free to the player who ran at Hartigan.

I didn't think you could interfere with the player on the mark? Can someone, anyone explain how that's supposed to work to me? Vader

Eddie, Gov - quiet

Tex needs to stick those marks, he is doing the hard work and out positioning his opponent only to be let down by his hands

To me that is a confidence thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talia non mark was a joke.
Mackay in the back changed our momentum.
Tex needs to stick those marks, he is doing the hard work and out positioning his opponent only to be let down by his hands

To me that is a confidence thing

Big time, he went in tonight knowing he was under the pump and as soon as he dropped the first couple he was done. He couldn't stick one all night. He battled hard though.

I can't help but feel........ we were awful, the umps killed our momentum and we had 3 players in or close to being in our best.

it's just so frustrating at 4-3 back with with pack. Arguably dominating nth Melb most the night. Should've iced the Hawks game. And we stank tonight but every time we looked like hitting the front they'd give one to the dogs or not pay a incorrect disposal to us.

It was play on as he had taken so long

Do they have to be a certain distance away prior to playing on?

Also, I'm sure I've seen us do that after they play on and get pinged. On the onehand I would say, what gives, on the other, i think I know the answer to that...

While we're rattling off bewildering umpiring stuff, what about that free to wallis in the center to kill our momentum in second quarter I reckon it was. Tackled by mackay for an eternity, gets pulled down, mackay lands to the side of him with his arm still holding on to him over his back - in the back? I thought that was bull. Anyone else see that?

Do they have to be a certain distance away prior to playing on?

Also, I'm sure I've seen us do that after they play on and get pinged. On the onehand I would say, what gives, on the other, i think I know the answer to that...
I didn't see the contact, but the umpire had said play on about 4 times I reckon.

While we're rattling off bewildering umpiring stuff, what about that free to wallis in the center to kill our momentum in second quarter I reckon it was. Tackled by mackay for an eternity, gets pulled down, mackay lands to the side of him with his arm still holding on to him over his back - in the back? I thought that was bull. Anyone else see that?
It was half there, he did get his back initially.

Talia non mark was a joke.
Mackay in the back changed our momentum.

Big time, he went in tonight knowing he was under the pump and as soon as he dropped the first couple he was done. He couldn't stick one all night. He battled hard though.

I can't help but feel........ we were awful, the umps killed our momentum and we had 3 players in or close to being in our best.

it's just so frustrating at 4-3 back with with pack. Arguably dominating nth Melb most the night. Should've iced the Hawks game. And we stank tonight but every time we looked like hitting the front they'd give one to the dogs or not pay a incorrect disposal to us.
I have a feeling Tex will rip the cats a new arse hole next week.

One of many shockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back