Preview Round 7, 2022 vs St Kilda in Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Port used to play in Darwin, Choco would always make sure the players arrived on Wednesday, trained on Thursday and wore gloves during training to help them grip the footy. You'd hope the brilliant mind of Hinkley would prepare similarly.

Hinkley seems to be doing things differently. Serious question: What is the stop over in Sydney for?

Selection will be confirmed on Thursday evening, after Port Adelaide leaves on Thursday afternoon with a 26-man squad that makes a two-leg journey to Cairns with an overnight stay in Sydney.

Hinkley seems to be doing things differently. Serious question: What is the stop over in Sydney for?

Selection will be confirmed on Thursday evening, after Port Adelaide leaves on Thursday afternoon with a 26-man squad that makes a two-leg journey to Cairns with an overnight stay in Sydney.
Lol what. A professional football team needing a stop over for a 3 hour flight. Could you imagine if they made Collingwood do it. That’s a bit of a joke.

Catching up with Pistol for a few frothies.

Ken reckons we only need to score 80 points to beat the Saints!
Hmmm .. we've conceded an average of 82 points a game so far this season, whilst St. Kilda have scored 95. Using either of those figures suggests that 80 is a tad short.

Anyway, saying things like that is self-defeating. If at any stage the boys do get to 80 points, in the back of their mind they'll tell themselves they've done enough because that's what the boss said. I just hope this doesn't foretell another "get in front and then try not to lose by too much" game ...

Look, I'll try and give some benefit of the doubt here. We perhaps didn't want to leave early on Thursday, and the only flight connection options involved a stopover in either Sydney or Brisbane. I'm assuming there's no direct flight between Adelaide and Cairns, whilst there is one between Melbourne and Cairns.

Staying overnight in Sydney and flying to cairns in the morning. Who the hell do we have running the footy dept? The work experience guy?

Best case the players arrive in Cairns on Friday and have just over a day to do a light training session and acclimatize to the humidity. Ideally they would've already been in Cairns just like St Kilda are. Absolute amateur hour the way the clubs been run atm.

Best case the players arrive in Cairns on Friday and have just over a day to do a light training session and acclimatize to the humidity. Ideally they would've already been in Cairns just like St Kilda are. Absolute amateur hour the way the clubs been run atm.
Seriously, do you think the Club wanted this Travel arrangement. It has clearly been the best of the unfortunate position of living in SA. I sometimes wonder if people think before they post.
Some of the criticsm of the club at the moment is over the top.

Seriously, do you think the Club wanted this Travel arrangement. It has clearly been the best of the unfortunate position of living in SA. I sometimes wonder if people think before they post.

They should've organised themselves to be up in Cairns by now! They had months to plan this FFS

Edit- I'd be amazed if any of the 4 emergency players are available to play in the SANFL this week. Another loss for the Magpies but who gives a s**t because it's only the reserves team right!?

They should've organised themselves to be up in Cairns by now! They had months to plan this FFS

Edit- I'd be amazed if any of the 4 emergency players are available to play in the SANFL this week. Another loss for the Magpies but who gives a s**t because it's only the reserves team right!?
So spending the Wednesday night in Sydney is a better option?
By the way you have heard of that thing called CoVid right?

Look, I'll try and give some benefit of the doubt here. We perhaps didn't want to leave early on Thursday, and the only flight connection options involved a stopover in either Sydney or Brisbane. I'm assuming there's no direct flight between Adelaide and Cairns, whilst there is one between Melbourne and Cairns.

I know the AFL uses Virgin, but there was supposed to be a direct Qantas flight from Adelaide to Cairns this morning, but it was cancelled for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it would've been a better option.

Every team is dealing with Covid...
Hence us taking 4 emergencies. Clearly it is not easy to get up there so being good boy scouts and being prepared is logical.
Still not sure why being up there Thursday before a Saturday night game has any difference to being there on a Friday, but happy to have a different opinion.

Hence us taking 4 emergencies. Clearly it is not easy to get up there so being good boy scouts and being prepared is logical.
Still not sure why being up there Thursday before a Saturday night game has any difference to being there on a Friday, but happy to have a different opinion.
If it was Melbourne or Perth it wouldn't matter. The main benefit of getting to Cairns earlier would have been to acclimatize to the humidity and get an opportunity to train and prepare at an unfamiliar ground. To be honest it's just s**t that we have to play in Cairns anyway.

Ken reckons we only need to score 80 points to beat the Saints!

He's gaslighting us already and making excuses for the inevitable inability to score.

Youse blokes don't get used to scoring over 100 points like last week, that doesn't happen under kenny hinkleys watch! We plays a contested brand of footy youse blokes where we turn it into an ugly scrap with 50 blokes in our forward 50. Oh yeah the other team sometimes waltzes out with bags of space and scores easily, but time in forward half is how youse wins flags! Doesn't matter if we don't score.

Conditions the same for both teams but If they go all 'run n gun' from the outset our fitness will be tested.

Not confident we'll run out the game strongly and Hayes might struggle in the humidity v 2 ruckmen. I hated losing the showdown

but a loss in Cairns wouldn't bother me. Surprised Robbie is playing.

He's gaslighting us already and making excuses for the inevitable inability to score.

Youse blokes don't get used to scoring over 100 points like last week, that doesn't happen under kenny hinkleys watch! We plays a contested brand of footy youse blokes where we turn it into an ugly scrap with 50 blokes in our forward 50. Oh yeah the other team sometimes waltzes out with bags of space and scores easily, but time in forward half is how youse wins flags! Doesn't matter if we don't score.

St Kilda are the best team in the AFL at getting out the back goals and we're the best team in the AFL at giving them away.

It'll be a standard 1 goal to 5 first quarter and then we'll level it off for an 8 or 9 goal loss.

Just out of curiosity I checked flights to Cairns from Adelaide. Jetstar have the only direct flights and as Virgin is the AFL carrier I guess a stop over was inevitable.

It could be very ugly I think. We will be slightly less prepared due to BS travel. But a ken coached team will panic big time and over use the ball. Watch the players heads disappear underground after a few embarrassing goal costing stuff ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back