Preview Round 7, 2022 vs St Kilda in Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity I checked flights to Cairns from Adelaide. Jetstar have the only direct flights and as Virgin is the AFL carrier I guess a stop over was inevitable.

Though one stop via MEL, SYD or BNE can be had all on the one day. Overnighting has to be a lot more stuffing around, than just transiting through on the same day.

For example next Thurs (so I assume yesterday would have been the same):

1651226493663.png

1651226433758.png

He's so dominant that the opposition play 2 or even 3 guys on him at every contest to try neutralise him. The fact that we can't take advantage of that is not his fault.

A full forward that has never had a 50 goal season is unquestionably A grade?

Josh Jenkins has a 62 goal season..

Ben Brown has 3 over 60..

The much maligned/injured Joe daniher has a 65.

Charlie is an overrated lump. Yes our forward line sucks but he drops a lot of marks that he gets his hands to and kicks like a potato at times. Not an A grader

Charlie is an overrated lump. Yes our forward line sucks but he drops a lot of marks that he gets his hands to and kicks like a potato at times. Not an A grader
I think its universally acknowledged that Dixon has been a disappointment for Port Adelaide lol I couldnt imagine arguing otherwise

Not to mention his set shot goal kicking (20m straight in front) is an absolute crap shoot.

I think its universally acknowledged that Dixon has been a disappointment for Port Adelaide lol I couldnt imagine arguing otherwise
This rubbish that drawing a crowd of defenders makes him a superstar was hilarious.

The oppo know we kick to him repeatedly when he's flatfooted (because he barely knows how to lead) & it's easily defended & repelled.

Schulz was a far better key forward.

This rubbish that drawing a crowd of defenders makes him a superstar was hilarious.

The oppo know we kick to him repeatedly when he's flatfooted (because he barely knows how to lead) & it's easily defended & repelled.

Schulz averaged 53 over a 3 year period. Way better than ol Charlie, plus he was a reliable kick.

In defense of Charles I think in another side he would be much better, ken is just a stupid *. Like seriously, use him to make your other forwards dangerous. Or, instruct him on forward craft. The perfect example is for him to watch Hawkins. He's not fast, but is tall and strong. Get your opponent in front then push him under the ball. Apparently that isn't a free kick.

ahahah he was so easily played against - our game plan didnt help in fairness too him but he was never fit enough in his prime to be effective.

There was 2 guys that kicked more goals the last two years than Charlie

This is a s**t take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You look at our midfield. Current Brownlow medallist. Rozee. Butters. They will get 1st use via Hayes.

Forward half of Robbie/Mitch/Todd. All A-Grades. Todd IS A-Grade. Farrell will be.

Our defence has held up mostly.

We could do a number on the Saints.
Probably not a night for talls though.

There was 2 guys that kicked more goals the last two years than Charlie

This is a s**t take

Actually it's 3, you missed Charlie Cameron. It's a skewed stat based on Charles having a good season in a historically low goalkicking year in 2020.

Since playing for us he's not even at a 2 goal per game average. You can't call that A grade.

Line up Charlie Dixon and Kurt Tippett's career stats side by side. They are scarily similar.
Tippex was universally recognised as a giant dud.

Last edited:
Actually it's 3, you missed Charlie Cameron. It's a skewed stat based on Charles having a good season in a historically low goalkicking year in 2020.

Since playing for us he's not even at a 2 goal per game average. You can't call that A grade.

Line up Charlie Dixon and Kurt Tippett's career stats side by side. They are scarily similar.
Tippex was universally recognised as a giant dud.
He's got a scary beard though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back