Preview Changes & Discussion for Round 7, 2023 vs St Kilda @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tall forward for Marshall is a must.

Will be an interesting SANFL game tomorrow.

Would be unlucky for Lord and Teakle to only get 1 game though.

Be disappointed if we dropped Lord after one (reasonable) game. We're also going to be one, possibly two (if Dixon doesn't recover) tall forwards short, so this would be a good opportunity for him to shine.

Not confident going into this one without a ruck, but we know there's no way Hayes is getting a game, so I guess Teakle stays.

We're going in short down back too with Williams for Jonas. Does Clurey come in? Can't see Pasini getting the call up for this one.

Bonner possibly a better option than Farrell on current form. I'd play Farrell forward for McEntee but that's not happening either.

Whichever way you cut this we're two or three genuine A graders short.

Will play Lycett over Teakle. Would prefer Hayes but Teakle can not ruck against the Saints at Marvel.

Williams for Jonas

Can choose either Mitch or Bonner for Marshall depending on whether you think it's a good idea to change the mix at Marvel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be disappointed if we dropped Lord after one (reasonable) game. We're also going to be one, possibly two (if Dixon doesn't recover) tall forwards short, so this would be a good opportunity for him to shine.

Not confident going into this one without a ruck, but we know there's no way Hayes is getting a game, so I guess Teakle stays.

We're going in short down back too with Williams for Jonas. Does Clurey come in? Can't see Pasini getting the call up for this one.

Bonner possibly a better option than Farrell on current form. I'd play Farrell forward for McEntee but that's not happening either.

Whichever way you cut this we're two or three genuine A graders short.
We need to play Hayes to give us the best chance at centre clearance, but agree we won't. Clearly Hinkley doesn't like Hayes.

St Kilda don't have a particularly tall forward line at the moment with their injuries, as such Jonas for Williams doesn't bother me next week.

Hayes to ruck. Teakle to play tall forward in Marshall’s place and give him a chop out. It seems like that’s his best position. Finlayson then stays forward as our only real experienced tall. I would keep Williams forward.

What is Jonas actually getting suspended for? Didn’t even get him high and the guy played on and kicked 4? Confused? Jonas should be omitted not suspended.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd like to see Lord stay in. Lead well and found the footy just nerves got the best of him early but once he settled he looked good. Back him in for another game.

Sounds like Marshall and Dixon will both be out, so a Finlayson/Georgiades/Lord forward line is the go. Even though I spent the first quarter shitting on the decision to play Lord over Georgiades in the gameday thread, I'm fine with Lord staying in as long as it's alongside Georgiades and not instead of him.

Every week I post Hayes in for whatever absolute spud is rucking ahead of him, and every week it doesn't happen, and there's no reason to believe this week will be any different, but it really should be.

Hopefully the MRO will save us from ourselves and suspend Jonas. Maybe Bonner in? Bonner suits the Marvel fast track, Saints aren't tall enough to justify Pasini, and I like Williams but he was pretty poor after coming on, made a couple of disgraceful errors by foot. I'd love to see Burgoyne back at some point too but not sure how he's going in the SANFL.

Also McEntee out for anybody capable of getting at least a single disposal in a half of football. Francis Evans maybe? No idea how our SANFL players are going.

Last edited:
A tall forward for Marshall is a must.

Will be an interesting SANFL game tomorrow.

Would be unlucky for Lord and Teakle to only get 1 game though.
If Teakle goes up against Rowan Marshall, it could result in the greatest ruck performance in 21st Century AFL history.
Teakle must go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back