Preview Changes & Discussion for Round 7, 2023 vs St Kilda @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how recent the vision was but Big Charlie looked to be moving freely at training on Channel TEN. Still had the bandage on his leg though.
TEN are saying Dixon is a really good chance to play and it may be Dylan Williams for Jonas and Jase Burgoyne for Farrell. That could be educated guessing on their part but it sounds reasonable.

Last edited:

JFC. Fantasy players need to trade in Marshall and make him captain asap
Hedge your bets, make him vice-captain and use the loophole :cool:

7 news reporting Lycett set for another week in the sanfl.

Burgoyne likely in for Farrell.

Dixon looked to be moving very freely at training.

Why do people still think Richmond are good? They've won one game.

We may well still lose that game, but if we do it'll be because we had a typical Hinkley downer, not because Richmond are a good side.
I don’t think they’re still good at all. But I still don’t see us beating them.

They were 5 and 1 this time last year.
(Excuse the intrusion - sorry I thought I was on the main board pre -game thread 🙄)

Yeah we were, so I get the scepticism on our current form.

Huge difference in game plan now ( and coaches obviously) and the way we are playing now.
Last season, the majority of our wins came on the back of one sensational quarter. The majority of serious Saints supporters could see that there was no consistency throughout the games, and eventually it all collapsed in a heap.

This season we are seeing a very balanced defence and attack game plan, have a very savvy coach, and every game we’ve played we’ve played the full 4 quarters.

Doesn't mean we’re expecting to make top 4 or anything, but we have a helluva lot more faith that we are playing a sustainable style this season, and still with some of our best players out.

With the lack of an overly tall forward line, Allir is giving me nightmares.
Expecting a good, tight game. Just nice to play you on our home deck for the first time in about 12 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Excuse the intrusion - sorry I thought I was on the main board pre -game thread 🙄)

Huge difference in game plan now ( and coaches obviously) and the way we are playing now.
Last season, the majority of our wins came on the back of one sensational quarter. The majority of serious Saints supporters could see that there was no consistency throughout the games, and eventually it all collapsed in a heap.

This season we are seeing a very balanced defence and attack game plan, have a very savvy coach, and every game we’ve played we’ve played the full 4 quarters.

Doesn't mean we’re expecting to make top 4 or anything, but we have a helluva lot more faith that we are playing a sustainable style this season, and still with some of our best players out.

Expecting a good, tight game. Just nice to play you on our home deck for the first time in about 12 years.
You'll win comfortably, everything about us is a mirage.

You'll win comfortably, everything about us is a mirage.
Nah. Always a nervous supporter; every week without fail.
Waiting for the other shoe to drop 🤣

You win by less than 20 points but at no stage during the game will we look like that we are going to win the game.

It will be Hinkley tactic 1.1 - don't get pumped so hard I lose my job.

You win by less than 20 points but at no stage during the game will we look like that we are going to win the game.

It will be Hinkley tactic 1.1 - don't get pumped so hard I lose my job.
You lot sound like us with Richo/Ratts.

Believe it or nor, even at 8/3 last year, a lot of us weren’t convinced he was the man, nice guy though he is.

Out: McEntee, Marshall, Jonas, Farrell
In: Evans, Dixon, Williams, Burgoyne
Sub: Bonner/Pasini
Hopefully it's exactly this. Will be good to see Burgoyne back, he was about the one bit of excitement we had late last year so I'm happy to see him to get another shot.

You lot sound like us with Richo/Ratts.

Believe it or nor, even at 8/3 last year, a lot of us weren’t convinced he was the man, nice guy though he is.
Yeah well at 4-2 and he can be 21-2 and I still know he's not the man for the job because he'll get coached off the park in a Prelim Final AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back