Preview Changes & Discussion for Round 7, 2023 vs St Kilda @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, we don't have final teams yet?

I thought the morons actually dropped McEntee. He's been good for us in tight contests. No reason to make a change.

Burgoyne in is fine, other option is Bonner which is a waste.

Evans sub, but getting close to last chance saloon. 1 scoring shot in his last 6 AFL games, hasn't played in struggling teams either.
McEntee had 0 (zero) touches in a half of football, and finished with 5 effective touches, one score involvement and no score himself. That’s appalling, and he hasn’t got anywhere near enough credits in the bank to stay in the squad after that.

I’m getting confused can you just post all the sides that haven’t gone past us much easier for me to remember
Thanks 👍
Agreed it's getting monotonous, many Power supporters could have been forgiven for thinking the crom were 5 years behind us not all that long ago, and now the signs are there that if they haven't already gone past they may not be too far off doing so.

As unlikely as it should definitely be this board would melt into extinction if north melbourne come from the clouds and zip on by.

McEntee had 0 (zero) touches in a half of football, and finished with 5 effective touches, one score involvement and no score himself.
Ok, but as a non-McEntee-hater, why should I care? It was a training drill and McEntees thing is high pressure. If Lord is crumbing his own contests, Finlayson is marking everything, theres not much left for him to do. West Coast never had the ball.

4 out of his last 5 AFL games have been good, and even on a bad day he's better in that role than Lachie Jones.

Agreed it's getting monotonous, many Power supporters could have been forgiven for thinking the crom were 5 years behind us not all that long ago, and now the signs are there that if they haven't already gone past they may not be too far off doing so.

As unlikely as it should definitely be this board would melt into extinction if north melbourne come from the clouds and zip on by.
I think you will find after there 2-0 start to the season some posters had called Norf had gone past us faster than Peter Brock in a SLR 5000.
I think that may have changed but still waiting for confirmation.

I think you will find after there 2-0 start to the season some posters had called Norf had gone past us faster than Peter Brock in a SLR 5000.
How about instead of whinging about this board being negative, you find something positive to post about? Or is that gonna be too hard?

"He’s continuing to learn how to be a professional footballer"

Not sure I like the sound of this.
Most normal peoples thoughts: "He's a second year player who is still learning the ropes, nothing to see here"

Port board members right now: "OMG HE MUST BE BONGING ON WITH RIOLI AND GOING TO THE DOGS WITH KEN!!1111"

Port have been pleasantly surprising me this year which didn’t occur even when we were good.

So I am cautiously optimistic about the next two weeks.
The Saints game is definitely going to be the tougher of the two.

Essendon with there donuts last Qtr and letting 7 goals in gives us a very good chance of winning playing at home.

Burgoynes form last year was massively overplayed by this board. Was a clanger king with ball in hand but won some 1 on 1s which caught everyone's eye. Outside of the Collingwood game he was in our bottom handful whenever he played.

I'm not saying he won't make it but everyone presumes a linear extrapolation of the best bits that players show in their early games when player development doesn't really progress like that.
He speaks truth.

Most normal peoples thoughts: "He's a second year player who is still learning the ropes, nothing to see here"

Port board members right now: "OMG HE MUST BE BONGING ON WITH RIOLI AND GOING TO THE DOGS WITH KEN!!1111"

Calm down, dav.
Do you need a cone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of the day, looking at the clubs in your discussion, last 10 years...
Adelaide - 0 flags
Port - 0 flags
Norf - 0 flags

We're all exactly the same, why have a pissing match with other unsuccessful clubs?

Part of our problem is we have traded draft picks away and what is more we do not have a strong draft hand over the next couple of years. In three years time the Tasmanian side will enter with Draft concessions so our chances of building a list via the Draft will be difficult. We will need to get things right.

In fact over the past three drafts we have only taken four players inside of pick 50 across each the three drafts. In comparison a team like Adelaide has taken 10 players in the top 50 and 4 of those were first round picks. Our trading has probably been better than Adelaide's but because of their stronger hands in recent Drafts they will probably have an edge in young talent.

North Melbourne have had 11 top picks in the top 50 across 3 Drafts and 4 of those have been top 3 picks one of which was JHF. To cap it off North will have picks 1 and 8 in the 2023 Draft. Hard to say what will happen but now that Clarkson is at the helm but I don't think those picks will be wasted.

Port's first pick in the 2023 draft is pick 35. We should not be too surprised that sides like Adelaide, Carlton and St Kilda have passed us. I do not put our minimal draft hand up as the only reason that others have passed us by but the bottom line is our trading has come at a cost.

Last edited:
I
I just don’t go this pressure small forward stuff.
I like my small forwards to be a pest,have attitude and kick goals.
I don’t understand why it has to be a mutually exclusive concept

Seems more to be used for players who provide good/above league average pressure but don’t hurt the other way

End of the day, looking at the clubs in your discussion, last 10 years...
Adelaide - 0 flags
Port - 0 flags
Norf - 0 flags

We're all exactly the same, why have a pissing match with other unsuccessful clubs?
I’m not,all I’m saying is any team that wins one in a row has gone past us in SOME peoples eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back