Preview Changes & Discussion for Round 7, 2023 vs St Kilda @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it's exactly this. Will be good to see Burgoyne back, he was about the one bit of excitement we had late last year so I'm happy to see him to get another shot.
Looked at sea against Collingwood hopefully he can bring his 2022 form into this game I’d prefer to have him permanently in Farrells spot

(Excuse the intrusion - sorry I thought I was on the main board pre -game thread 🙄)

Yeah we were, so I get the scepticism on our current form.

Huge difference in game plan now ( and coaches obviously) and the way we are playing now.
Last season, the majority of our wins came on the back of one sensational quarter. The majority of serious Saints supporters could see that there was no consistency throughout the games, and eventually it all collapsed in a heap.

This season we are seeing a very balanced defence and attack game plan, have a very savvy coach, and every game we’ve played we’ve played the full 4 quarters.

Doesn't mean we’re expecting to make top 4 or anything, but we have a helluva lot more faith that we are playing a sustainable style this season, and still with some of our best players out.

With the lack of an overly tall forward line, Allir is giving me nightmares.
Expecting a good, tight game. Just nice to play you on our home deck for the first time in about 12 years.

No scepticism meant! Was just backing up a comment with a fact.

Maybe Molly will turn up, flash his pasty white butt and freak out the Saints so bad we can take advantage of their queasiness and win.

(Excuse the intrusion - sorry I thought I was on the main board pre -game thread 🙄)

Yeah we were, so I get the scepticism on our current form.

Huge difference in game plan now ( and coaches obviously) and the way we are playing now.
Last season, the majority of our wins came on the back of one sensational quarter. The majority of serious Saints supporters could see that there was no consistency throughout the games, and eventually it all collapsed in a heap.

This season we are seeing a very balanced defence and attack game plan, have a very savvy coach, and every game we’ve played we’ve played the full 4 quarters.

Doesn't mean we’re expecting to make top 4 or anything, but we have a helluva lot more faith that we are playing a sustainable style this season, and still with some of our best players out.

With the lack of an overly tall forward line, Allir is giving me nightmares.
Expecting a good, tight game. Just nice to play you on our home deck for the first time in about 12 years.

That Westhoff game saving mark was 12 years ago?

Dear lord

Dear lord

We did technically play you lot at Marvel in 2021 but that was during COVID where there was no attendees, so does that really count?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dear lord
I’m still scarred by the Ryder to Robbie Gray tap and goal (in Adelaide) in the last few seconds of a game we’d been leading 😱
Can’t exactly remember the year there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too sure about Burgoyne getting a gig, there is no doubt he looked very promising last season but his form in both comps this year has unfortunately been on the ordinary side of very ordinary.

It is possible of course he is being taken to Melbourne as part of a squad of 25 to let him know he hasn't been forgotten, but I believe it could be the sub role at best if he survives the cut.

Just hope to see Burgoyne click back into gear. The Burgoyne we saw last year would never get dropped, was on track for a great 300 game career. The clanger king, lairising player we've seen this year on the other hand not so much. Hopefully the SANFL has been a bit of a reality check for him and he attacks the game with some real desire.

Not too sure about Burgoyne getting a gig, there is no doubt he looked very promising last season but his form in both comps this year has unfortunately been on the ordinary side of very ordinary.

It is possible of course he is being taken to Melbourne as part of a squad of 25 to let him know he hasn't been forgotten, but I believe it could be the sub role at best if he survives the cut.
He was rested from the Magpies late last week. It is pretty safe to assume he will be playing.

Does look like Dixon for Marshall, Williams for Farrell and Burgoyne for Jonas.

No idea of the sub.

Yeah sub at best.

Burgoynes form last year was massively overplayed by this board. Was a clanger king with ball in hand but won some 1 on 1s which caught everyone's eye. Outside of the Collingwood game he was in our bottom handful whenever he played.

I'm not saying he won't make it but everyone presumes a linear extrapolation of the best bits that players show in their early games when player development doesn't really progress like that.

He was rested from the Magpies late last week. It is pretty safe to assume he will be playing.

Does look like Dixon for Marshall, Williams for Farrell and Burgoyne for Jonas.

No idea of the sub.
It's a toss up between Bonner and Evans for the sub I reckon.

Oh, we don't have final teams yet?

I thought the morons actually dropped McEntee. He's been good for us in tight contests. No reason to make a change.

Burgoyne in is fine, other option is Bonner which is a waste.

Evans sub, but getting close to last chance saloon. 1 scoring shot in his last 6 AFL games, hasn't played in struggling teams either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back