Game Day Round 7, Fremantle vs GWS Giants, Sat 7th May, 6.10pm, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlow should not have been allowed to mark that one. Needed more body pressure from at least one of the the three Giants. Freo hitting back against the run of play. Boys just need to keep sticking to their guns. They are playing better footy.

No surprises they came out all piss and vinegar in the first quarter.

Pretty lazy stuff by us. Poor execution of the quick hand pass. A lot of kicks in traffic getting smothered and not getting out...

Ugly congested footy.

That's why Freo are in this up to their eyeballs.

Think the boys heads are on but Dockers are definitely here to play tonight.

I think we are getting a bit cramped for space but I reckon that will ease as fatigue sets in. When we move it properly they look like they are in slow motion.

We have been exposed by a couple of players lack of speed namely Patful and Patton.

We need to lift but I think we will.

Apart from his good marks, Patton seems hesitant to go after the ball - quite understandable that he's cautious, but he's looking slow and lumbering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from his good marks, Patton seems hesitant to go after the ball - quite understandable that he's cautious, but he's looking slow and lumbering.

His ground work is abysmal.

I think he lacks confidence because he's afraid of another knee injury. It's understandable but he just needs to get over it.

I think he lacks confidence because he's afraid of another knee injury. It's understandable but he just needs to get over it.
Not going to get a knee injury by throwing your head over the ball.

Seeing him try to bend down to collect the ball in traffic is like seeing John Candy try and tie his shoelaces.

Well this is already our second highest score at the venue, so I suppose there's that. Need another 14 points in the second half to break our scoring record here.

Is it just me or are Freo still getting the rub of the green? Ball just seems to bounce their way. They keep coming, so I'll give them that. Great pressure acts around the ball by them, but we look much better in space. As the game opens up we should keep going on with it. Just wish those handballs would hit targets!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back