Game Day Round 7, Richmond vs Melbourne 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone else plays AFL
We are umpired like Netball
I would cop it if he actually held
Like that early one Young gave up but that call on grimes was bullshit
It was all body positioning without actually holding or restricting his opponent

It just simply amazes me our red time goals against. Nearly 2 in 37 seconds then lol

That last free was bullshit
No hold from Grimes
Unfortunately it seems that if the umpires see a player look at his opponent before turning to face the ball its seems regardless of how legally they spoil from that point on they will pay a free against the defender 99% of the time, unless of course the forward is wearing a black jersey with a yellow sash.

Good start, haven't been blown away which is a positive. Dow has been good in tight, the run and gun approach is certainly exciting to watch. May not giving a lot of respect to Lefau which could work if we can get it in quick. Baker getting to a lot of footy, but clean hands not quite there. Naismith and Nankervis need to follow Gawn into our F50 so he can't get back and intercept.

Loving the intensity and good moments from us. Really dominating to be honest, shame we have no forward line. Frustrating we will probably lose this game because of it though. Will win the flag next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pleased that Naismith just keeps presenting.

He's neat with the ball too.

Good footballer. Excellent to have him in around these young lads. Watch how he goes about it Samson.

Dusty's kicking inside 50 leaves a lot to be desired at times.

Young showing what he can do.

I would cop it if he actually held
Like that early one Young gave up but that call on grimes was bullshit
It was all body positioning without actually holding or restricting his opponent

i reckon umps are just told to call a free if the defender isn't looking at the ball the whole time

it doesn't really matter whether they don't hold them or do anything against the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back