Game Day Round 7 vs. Essendon, MCG, 3:20pm ANZAC Day 25/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was telling what Moore said about Murphy, and what he’ll miss most - yelling at each other in front of big crowds!

Our defensive system obviously doesn’t run as smoothly as we’d like every game. But as long as it works most of the time.👍
If someone peels off to impact a contest or it gets turned over and mids are streaming forward ahead of ours, they've got to shift and cover off the most dangerous threat ASAP or hedge their bets in-between two players. When a goal ensues they then get smashed for not playing their man tight enough...

Gary Lyon going on about Moore has become a meme.

Half his commentary is about Moore playing modern defence - the other half is about score reviews. I wish commentators were viewed as having a used by date like players are. I'd like to see these footy shows highlight some s**t commentary and suggest that his time is up like they do with champion players nearing the end

Last edited:
If someone peels off to impact a contest or it gets turned over and mids are streaming forward ahead of ours, they've got to shift and cover off the most dangerous threat ASAP or hedge their bets in-between two players. When a goal ensues they then get smashed for not playing their man tight enough...

Gary Lyon going on about Moore has become a meme.

Half his commentary is about Moore playing modern defence - the other half is about score reviews. I wish commentators were viewed as having a used by date like players are. I'd like to see these footy shows highlight some s**t commentary and suggest that his time is up like they do with champion players nearing the end

I read somewhere that Lyon is on about $1m a year, for his work at Fox and in other footy media.

I actually don’t mind him, and I mostly enjoy his commentary on the Pies (he’s in love with Checkers), but that salary seems excessive for what he does and contributes. It would exceed that of a few senior coaches who, it’s has to be said, work a lot harder and under enormous pressure.

Your point about his time maybe being up is interesting in that context. You’d have to expect more for that salary.

I was just watching last years preliminary final and in the second quarter, Murphy absolutely ripped Moore apart for guarding space and allowing 2 GWS guys alone in the square
Love to hear this stuff because it speaks volumes for our culture, that even the Captain accepts criticism and no one is beyond scrutiny or getting feedback.

Love to hear this stuff because it speaks volumes for our culture, that even the Captain accepts criticism and no one is beyond scrutiny or getting feedback.
I wonder if he got credited one with the tap to Lipinski. Wasn't a disposal, per se

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to watch the last QTR from last years game - I forgot we had both Cox and Cameron injured. While they played 2 recognized Rucks, we used Frampton and AJ.
Howe Murphy and McStay also missing.

We look to be stronger this year.
lucky you I wish I had it recorded, that daicos last quarter, chef’s kiss

I read somewhere that Lyon is on about $1m a year, for his work at Fox and in other footy media.

I actually don’t mind him, and I mostly enjoy his commentary on the Pies (he’s in love with Checkers), but that salary seems excessive for what he does and contributes. It would exceed that of a few senior coaches who, it’s has to be said, work a lot harder and under enormous pressure.

Your point about his time maybe being up is interesting in that context. You’d have to expect more for that salary.
I'm just over all these old key forwards being so over represented in special comments. They seem to think a key forward goal is worth 15 points rather than 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back