Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The effort to win last years flag took everything we had as a club to win. In hindsight, it was only natural that the boys had a bit of doubt in the first 3 rounds, just due to thought of being able to do it again. I think they have that belief back now
Yeah or maybe just that human nature feeling of they’re invincible (until those losses burst that bubble). We looked great in pre-season and then fell flat in our face. I think we’ve caught the pack after our pratfall.

View attachment 1978390
I can not believe these stats, i know they are pretty even, but i thought we'd get smashed in stoppages. Well done Pies for finding a way against a star stacked midfield.
I think Crisp stepping into the gap left by a half rat power Mitchell and JDG had a massive impact on our stoppage game. He played with more energy and I hope once the other two return so will they. Both Crisp and Pendles were superb on Cripps tonight. I’m not buying that he’s in Brownlow form, but he was nowhere near the best on ground tonight.

And he gave away a free to kill the contest.
The most undeserving Brownlow medallist ever.
I find it hard to be too critical of Patrick Cripps. No wonger the guys shoulders are ****ed. He's been carrying that side for years. I would kill to have him playing for us

Maybe not enough credit tonight for our leaders who were supposedly letting us down. Pendles and howe look like they are well and truly going to be there at the pointy end of the season barring injury. special mention to Lipinski and Crisp also. fly just keeps finding a way to motivate these blokes, it's amazing to see and be part of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was probably our best four-quarter performance for the year, once we killed off some of the simple mistakes which fed them a few goals earlier in the game we generally outplayed them around the ground.

Some straighter kicking late might have sealed the result a bit earlier, but we pushed when we had to and didn't stop until the siren went, which as just enough to get us over the line.

Premierships aren't won in April-May (cough*Carlton*cough) but a team can sure start setting themselves on the right path to contend at the pointy end of the season, even after a slow start, and I think we took our first big step onto that path against a higher quality opponent tonight after a bit of a stumble last week.

At 4-3-1 with Eagles, Crows, Dockers, Bulldogs, Demons and Kangaroos on the schedule for the next six weeks we could really push up into top four territory again if we can keep our form up.

Last edited:
I find it hard to be too critical of Patrick Cripps. No wonger the guys shoulders are ****ed. He's been carrying that side for years. I would kill to have him playing for us
Oh bloody good player, don’t get me wrong.
But escaping the suspension that ruled him ineligible for the medal, when he clearly whacked the guy, makes him the most undeserved winner ever.

Clearances : Coll 44 Carl 40
Centre Clearances: Coll 12 Carl 11
Stoppage Clearances: Coll 32 Carl 29
Bit of a trend there😊.
Tackles: Coll 88 Carl 54
That’s amazing. Carlton are supposed to be clearance kings, and we beat them at their own game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back