Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah 100%. I don't think "punchable head" is too shocking. Bruzzy wears it as a badge of honour
I think the issue here is we need to differentiate between The Chief in his role as a moderator, whose role we have to respect, even if one privately disagrees with an action he may take as a moderator, and The Chief as a poster in which role he’s just one of the mob like us. In this thread, there’s been a few posts about Owies having a punchable head (totally understandable) and no-one has taken offence AFAIK. So no big deal at all.

This is an interesting read I reckon:
Love it, cheers for sharing. I had a colleague (in QLD) ask me "does the AFL even have strategy or tactics? It looks like a bunch of ants fighting over a crumb". I love seeing breakdowns of moments like this that prove just how ignorant that view is. The positions around stoppages and even the subtle block by Checkers for the winning Naicos goal, these are easy to miss while watching live but the brilliance of our coaching staff is evident.
Can you ban Chief? Because that would be an absolute pisser after we just rolled Carlton
Unfortunately I already petitioned for this and was unsuccessful :(

He hasn't looked at Owies' head?

Owies is 100% the new Milne

Except without the talent
Or the physical toughness

Well, really he’s just got the annoying nature and a head you want to drop kick

Love it, cheers for sharing. I had a colleague (in QLD) ask me "does the AFL even have strategy or tactics? It looks like a bunch of ants fighting over a crumb". I love seeing breakdowns of moments like this that prove just how ignorant that view is. The positions around stoppages and even the subtle block by Checkers for the winning Naicos goal, these are easy to miss while watching live but the brilliance of our coaching staff is evident.

Unfortunately I already petitioned for this and was unsuccessful :(
🤣 😍

Doubt it but you can have the post deleted.

Anyway, can we get over this? We beat them by one goal in the final minutes, surely that is sweet enough.
"Sweet enough you say?"

We play them again in August and almost certainly could meet them in a final.
I would like a trifecta.

Assez gentille jeune femme. assez doux !

I think the issue here is we need to differentiate between The Chief in his role as a moderator, whose role we have to respect, even if one privately disagrees with an action he may take as a moderator, and The Chief as a poster in which role he’s just one of the mob like us. In this thread, there’s been a few posts about Owies having a punchable head (totally understandable) and no-one has taken offence AFAIK. So no big deal at all.
I take offence to posts that don't talk about punching Owies.

I think the issue here is we need to differentiate between The Chief in his role as a moderator, whose role we have to respect, even if one privately disagrees with an action he may take as a moderator, and The Chief as a poster in which role he’s just one of the mob like us. In this thread, there’s been a few posts about Owies having a punchable thread (totally understandable) and no-one has taken offence AFAIK. So no big deal at all.
Piffle.

Owies is a clear 10 on the Standardised Player Punchability Index.
Daicos barely registers.
Ask anyone, he's in the low decimal points and then only among a select group of paper baggers.
SPPI.jpg

If only Travis Cloke got the treatment Curnow gets.
Pies would have another couple of flags easy.

If Cloke (or Cox) got even half the free kicks they should, they’d both have been Coleman medallists

Checkers too

This so is why I’d take McKay at Collingwood instead of Curnow. McKay would suit the way we play and is a better contested mark. He also doesn’t rely on frees like Curnow does. Curnow wouldn’t get all those frees at Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cloke (or Cox) got even half the free kicks they should, they’d both have been Coleman medallists

Checkers too

This so is why I’d take McKay at Collingwood instead of Curnow. McKay would suit the way we play and is a better contested mark. He also doesn’t rely on frees like Curnow does. Curnow wouldn’t get all those frees at Collingwood.
McKay also kicks like a Collingwood full forward

Righto which 9 of you voted Orazio Fantasia as having had a good game on their autopsy thread? 😂😂😂
giphy-1.gif

I was one of them 😅

tigers supporters already think the afl is a conspiracy against them, that’s just going to confirm it for them
Tigs have been amongst the worst on the free kick differential for several years now, it started during their peak when they started playing a brand of football that was always right on the edge of the rules (probably to make up for the lack of genuine A grade talent on their list). Unfortunately now they’ve lost a bunch of talent to age, that style of play seriously hurts them, hence their abysmal ladder position. Long may it continue.

COLOUR ME SURPRISED

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back