Preview Round 8: Essendon vs West Coast, Data Breach Stadium, Saturday 4th May, 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Laverde, Cox, Davey, Hobbs
In: Hayes, Tstas, Guelfi, Perkins/Shiel

Cox and Hobbs need a rest to work on not turning the ball over. Laverde looks cooked. If Hind is to be sub again he should be out, I'd rather play Guelfi or Heppell as the sub. Heppell can come on and play in any third of the ground, and so can Guelfi.

However, I would prefer Heppell play as sub following the long break as part of being managed, with the plan being that Goldy is subbed as part of his management, and to see if Draper can run out a game.

Guelfi can bring the pressure up forward that Davey does, with 1000% more impact. I want Hind running out of the backline, with McGrath, Heppell and Redman distributing it out of there. Hayes to be given a role that is more about following a player than intercepting, so an AFL player can teach him about where to run. I'd prefer it be a high-volume running like Darling.

Martin to play as half-forward midfielder in combination with Stringer. Stringer to take centre-bounce and drift forward, while Martin starts inside F50, but then follows the ball as the midfielder. Tsatsas to play full game as midfielder
Definitely the bold option.

Something for everyone on BF there…
  • positional changes being cried out for (Martin fwd)
  • whipping boys (Cox, Lav & Hobbs) out
  • underperformers (Davey) out
  • ruck sub plan
  • play some youth in their real positions (Tsatis & Hayes)

Crazy or crazy smart, like a fox?

I love some / hate some. But considering the team’s going ok, I’m tipping stability, system, trust and performance = only 1 of above changes.

Rest Goldstein

Roberts in, mainly to a wing.

Push Cox back out of the wing minutes he was getting. He could be useful with the WCE talls and mediums

Martin can be a utility across half back, wing and half forward as required.

More half back distribution can come from McGrath & Redman

Guelfi into the 23 for Hind.

Guelfi or ADJ the sub.

For what haha?
Champion data said on SEN that Gresham and McKay are 2 of the biggest improvers in the whole comp. Gone from like 200-300th rated player to top 30ish or something.

McGrath's best season ever according to their data.
Martin has dropped from 22nd to 70th
Redman dropped from 29th to 174th

Also suggested moving Martin back up the ground, said his last quarter up the ground was huge.

Said Daicos was best on ground and 2nd best for the entire round. (Suggesting he should get the medal I think?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back