Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys what do you think about these trades??

Gamble ------> Valenti
Waters-------> Guerra (or Bock?, which one) + $88,500

Next week....

Ellis to a gun. (most likely Milburn).

OK I think I've decided to go through with the trades I have been thinking of doing.

OUT: Houli, Nath Thompson
IN: Steven Browne, BJ

Really want to bring in BJ and I think that the gap between Thompson and Johnson will be at its smallest this week for a while.

Houli has been great for me since the beginning of the season but I have to trade him at some stage and I think I will benefit the most from it being this week to Browne who looks set to increase a fair bit in value from this week on. This would mean that I have to start Palmer for a few weeks but after some thought, I'm not too worried about that as he's been doing excellently.

I will free up another 100k approximately leaving me with 180k for future upgrades with only a few more upgrades to make and 10 trades remaining. Can anyone convince me not to do these trades?

Who should i trade in for Pfeiffer, limit is 348k, already have Burgoyne, Birch, Goddard

looking at either Johncock, bock, milburn or Sam Fisher

Thoughts appreciated.

Guys what do you think about these trades??

Gamble ------> Valenti
Waters-------> Guerra (or Bock?, which one) + $88,500

Next week....

Ellis to a gun. (most likely Milburn).

I wouldn't do it - I really don't see the hype and fascination with Valenti at this stage. Sure he's a 72k player, but he hasn't even played a game yet and he is no certainty to do so, let alone play 3! I think he will, but it's silly to be trading him in at this stage.

Getting rid of Gamble this week is also silly. Presumably he's on your bench making money for you and he looks to be a fair way off finishing to do that. He's been performing excellently and there's no real reason why he can't continue for a while longer. If he's on your field, I would prefer him to be there rather than Valenti anyway.

I wouldn't do it - I really don't see the hype and fascination with Valenti at this stage. Sure he's a 72k player, but he hasn't even played a game yet and he is no certainty to do so, let alone play 3! I think he will, but it's silly to be trading him in at this stage.

Getting rid of Gamble this week is also silly. Presumably he's on your bench making money for you and he looks to be a fair way off finishing to do that. He's been performing excellently and there's no real reason why he can't continue for a while longer. If he's on your field, I would prefer him to be there rather than Valenti anyway.

Yeh i understand that perfectly but......I need the money in order to upgrade both Ellis and Waters to guns. Now i aint jumping on Valenti just because he is picked, i was originally going to get Neagle instead but now that he has been named (and obviously elevated), i would rather go with him and gain the extra cash in the process. Also i have Tippet on bench as well who will be my emergency regardless so getting Valenti now, or next week or 3 weeks time wont make much difference. Its just i need to make the trades this week and i need the cash to do so.

I was thinking these trades-
Hill --> Johnson
Symes--> Milburn

next week-
Alwyn Davey--> Valenti if he plays and if he does well this week.

What do people think??
I was also thinking Hill --> Dew, because I'm not sure about Johnson I think he may have had a lucky week but is still in bad form.

Any other ideas??

Im gonna upgrade Morton this week. With the money i have i can get Corey/Bartel etc. but wont so i still have cash to upgrade other places. Anyway this is the list ive come down to, wanna know what you guys think on who is the best option....

Salopek
Bruce
Sewell
Cooney
Cassisi
Mclean
Judd
Pendles
Scotland
Mitchell

For me its down to Bruce, Salopek and Mitchell. Leaning towards Mitchell but i want a second opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is symes going to back for next week?

Nah don't think so mate, But there are a few differant stories going around at the moment. I'd say another 2 -3 weeks.

I'm having abit of trouble myself. Can someone give me some feedback on these trades.

Option 1

OUT - Symes & Waters
IN - Milburn & Goddard

I never had Symes in my side as a keeper, i was intending to trade him to Cornes later on but never the less i am trying to avoid 0's. The Waters to Goddard trade is abit sideways but as i sayed before this will avoid any 0's in my side this week.

Option 2

OUT - Symes & Ellis
IN - Milburn & Goddard

This will leave me with one 0 but gets rid of one upgrade trade as Ellis is going backwards at the moment.

Option 3

OUT - Symes & Pettifer
IN - Milburn & Chapman

This also leaves me with a 0, I should have traded Pettifer out weeks ago but it never crossed my mind.

Option 4

I could trade one of my bench player in my backline, i currently have Scott. DT and Selwood on my bench. This would leave me with no 0's.

Currently i am leaning to option 4 but don't know who to pick up as a cheap defender around the 83K mark. Any thoughts on this ? Thanks..

@ Hirdy_5

Option 1 looks the best IMO, followed by Option 2.

Yeah was thinking about 2, as i sayed Ellis is going backwards but my main concer is to avoid getting a 0, but i want to do it without doing any sideways trades and thats whats turning me away from option 1, Waters to Goddard seems sideways to me and thats why i think i will have to go with option 4.

Not Sure on this but
Bradshaw-->Milburn/Goddard
Is it to sideways

My backs currently are:
Cornes
Birchall
Shaw
Burgoyne
Fisher
Bradshaw
Kennelly

Ibbotson
Edwards

Who should i trade in for Pfeiffer, limit is 348k, already have Burgoyne, Birch, Goddard

looking at either Johncock, bock, milburn or Sam Fisher

Thoughts appreciated.

Couple of questions:

1) Who to trade out for Browne - Dyson or Morton?

2) who to use spare cash on
- upgrade Hill to Pav/Richo or
- bring in gun back for either Symes or Waters as have no cover for them (already have Shaw, Milburn, Goddard, P Burger)

What do people think about Myers? Will he play every game for the rest of the year? Or atleast till he peaks?

OK i bit the bullet and made two trades this week.

albert proud --> jay neagle (cover a zero)

craig bird --> steven browne (cash)

am i stupid?

Dyson -> Browne is a definite for me

I also have Cornes and Symes with Proud and Selwood on the bench so I will have to trade Symes because I can't cop two 0s...

Who do you guys think is the best out of these guys?

Bock - highest average of the guys I don't have but I still don't trust him..
P.Burgoyne - Seems to be picking up pace and played a great game last week for the Dream Team
McLeod - A bit up and down and can prob expect an average in the 80s
Goddard - a gun but is a risk after the reco. May not get back his best until next season
Johcock - Good form but may just drop off
Roughead - WIth the Hawks on fire should get a pretty decent average

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back