Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was our good luck charm last season. Can't recall a week when we didn't have a player under an injury or illness cloud.

Flag incoming.
It does read like a lot of 2023 Monday/ Tuesday updates doesn’t it! Based on the language of Wade’s update my take is JDG is more likely and Mitchell less likely. I think the chances of a Sullivan debut or Bytel club debut are trending up.

Yeah where are those posters now? They'd be happy with this injury news wouldn't they ..
I've been an advocate for Finn - but to use injuries as some slap in the face, for our genuine interest in trying to find our next generation of talent is just comical.
Is this where I suggest that if we'd given kids exposure earlier, then we would not be in this predicament of uncertainty about who's ready to step up?

I've been an advocate - but to use injuries as some slap in the face, for our genuine interest in trying to find our next generation of talent is just comical.
Is this where I suggest that if we'd given kids exposure earlier, then we would not be in this predicament of uncertainty about who's ready to step up?
There you are.

Do not play them injured

Out De Goey in Sullivan
Out Mitchell in macrae
In Harrison sidebottom sub
Lose We Lost GIF

So…we might be without Mitchell or JDG for this game. Or both. Then there’s all the articles (I’ve stopped reading them) about our underperforming aging veterans (and some of the younger ones).

Looks like a ‘backs to the wall’ game coming up - which we like.🫣

Although I might have to revise down my predicted winning margin.

Cheap shot . Nobody is asking for injuries and to imply those wishing more youth development will be happy with this news is pretty pathetic.
Settle down. If it's gives the kids an opportunity because of a bit of soreness, what's the sensitivity all about.

I'd prefer it against Eagles the following week, not Blues.

So…we might be without Mitchell or JDG for this game. Or both. Then there’s all the articles (I’ve stopped reading them) about our underperforming aging veterans (and some of the younger ones).

Looks like a ‘backs to the wall’ game coming up - which we like.🫣

Although I might have to revise down my predicted winning margin.
I like it Vicky!
Too many people hoisting the white flag.
The scum's defence is leaking like a sieve, and we have the small forwards and forward half defensive pressure to exploit it.
They haven't exactly been carrying all before them.

I have a sneaky feeling that the club will trick everyone and pick Jack Bytel this week. For me, he looks the most likely to come in and have an immediate impact. Has been going along very well in the VFL
No Carmichael 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably both will miss.

Collingwood star Jordan De Goey remains “really limited” by a groin issue and is in significant doubt for the blockbuster clash with Carlton on Friday night.
And Brownlow Medallist Tom Mitchell is unlikely to play as the reason for his up-and-down season was revealed to be the painful plantar fascia condition.

The Pies on Monday declined to rule out De Goey and Mitchell but they seem unlikely to be risked given their issues as Collingwood hit the in-form Carlton at the MCG.

It is the latest fixturing challenge for the Pies, who played three games in 13 days earlier in the year and then had a five-day break leading into Anzac Day.

Collingwood’s head of high performance Jarrod Wade said De Goey was unable to train on Monday despite a light weekend.
Collingwood has shown caution with De Goey over the years given soft tissue concerns including a quad and hamstring given his importance to the team.

The Pies said that while Mitchell had been able to manage his plantar fascia issue across the season they were unsure if he would recover well enough to play.

Collingwood said after he missed training on Monday they would assess him later in the week.

Steele Sidebottom was especially quiet against Essendon on Anzac Day, with Finn Macrae the only Pies VFL player banging down the door at selection.

He had 31 possessions in a VFL game against Essendon, while Ash Johnson rebounded from a quiet stint with 21 touches and two goals.

Oleg Markov won only 14 possessions, with Reef McInnes dropped from the senior side and kicking two points from 13 possessions.

I don't think anyone had one of our very best players in mind when it came to giving the kids an opportunity.

As for Mitchell it's unfortunate that injury will likely make the decision for us but one veteran was likely to be rotated out of the 23 this week IMO (well at least before the doubt surrounding JDG) given the number of them who struggled against Essendon.

While JDG out would be a massive hit to our chances, Geelong beat Carlton without Stewart while the Blues have remained highly competitive with a much longer injury list than both of us.

Time for others to step up.

I seriously doubt that in current form, even a full strength Collingwood could beat the Blooose.
We are simply out of form and, despite a few bursts of form, no one could say that there is a glimmer of hope of executing four quarters anytime soon.
I’m sure there is always hope, but I’m not watching this one because I’ve had enough pain from these blue bastards over six decades.
Don’t need anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back