Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited for Sullivan he will make the most of his chances and will make it hard to take him out again.

With Mitchell and Degoey out Surely Macrae is the other in...... Will be interested to see what happens.

Massive game against the arch rival and i am sure this will bring the best out of the boys and as long as the umps don't go whistle happy every time Curnow flies for the ball the swings his arms around should be a close game.

With Mitchell and DeGoey both out, surely Vossy goes for the knock-out punch by putting a hard tag on Nick Daicos. I would!

Do that and our ability to win the ball in the middle and get it inside F50 will dry right up.

I’m hoping and dreaming that we can beat the Blues but calmly and rationally I can’t make a sensible case for it.

Hopefully Fly has some positional and motivational tricks up his sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our key defenders need to play in front tommorow pm
If Moore and frampton get stuck behind and touch / scrag Curnow or McKay they will get pinged all night and they’ll score 8 goals from frees
Hold front position and yes there’s a chance they leap over them but then they really have to earn it
Howe can peel off and fly with their forwards and kill as many contests

Leggy is coming in to free up Crisp. One of Sullivan/Fin to start.

Crisp and Sullivan/Fin are not the compelling combo that Jordy/Mitchell is.

Carlton are rightfully favourites but I wouldn't be writing the Pies off. This is the backs-to-the-wall scenario the team has excelled in.

A strong start together with accurate kicking for goal would go a long way. The C'wood forward line smalls will trouble the Blues' defence.

Last edited:
With Mitchell and DeGoey both out, surely Vossy goes for the knock-out punch by putting a hard tag on Nick Daicos. I would!

Do that and our ability to win the ball in the middle and get it inside F50 will dry right up.

I’m hoping and dreaming that we can beat the Blues but calmly and rationally I can’t make a sensible case for it.

We'll beat them on the outside with pressure and pace.

If i was Fly (and i'm not), i wouldn't try to win the ball in the middle, be competitive but there's a good chance we will get smashed in the middle, we need speed off our backline, bring leggy in, Moore needs to play in front, The Blosers aren't that fast, transition the ball from our DEF 50 to our FWD 50 before Carlton can even react.

Also i'd like to note, i wanna see Billy take another mark of the year on the other twin, i don't know how it can happen, but make it happen.

We have to be going with a strong inside midfield group with JDG and Mitch out.
If they bully us I’m there and get easy ball to Walsh Cerra and Saad we are in for a really long night.
It’s more a matter of stopping or equalising that first touch around stoppage.

I think we gotta go with Crisp, Pendles, Sully and some of Lippa, Bruzz and Beau In there at stages.

And they need to stay ultra competitive the whole night at the source.
Cripps is easily the most competitive beast in the game bar none and Walsh is the best burst runner in the game.
Nullify those two and we win.

If i was Fly (and i'm not), i wouldn't try to win the ball in the middle, be competitive but there's a good chance we will get smashed in the middle, we need speed off our backline, bring leggy in, Moore needs to play in front, The Blosers aren't that fast, transition the ball from our DEF 50 to our FWD 50 before Carlton can even react.

Also i'd like to note, i wanna see Billy take another mark of the year on the other twin, i don't know how it can happen, but make it happen.
I agree..I doubt we would have won the centre clearances with JDG & Tom playing anyway..it's elsewhere on the ground we will need to win it.

I'm hoping for lots of gang tackling, particularly when Cripps & Walsh try to get it out of the centre.. and general high pressure elsewhere on the ground.

A bit of accuracy in front of goal will certainly help too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to be going with a strong inside midfield group with JDG and Mitch out.
If they bully us I’m there and get easy ball to Walsh Cerra and Saad we are in for a really long night.
It’s more a matter of stopping or equalising that first touch around stoppage.

I think we gotta go with Crisp, Pendles, Sully and some of Lippa, Bruzz and Beau In there at stages.

And they need to stay ultra competitive the whole night at the source.
Cripps is easily the most competitive beast in the game bar none and Walsh is the best burst runner in the game.
Nullify those two and we win.
Saad's injured isn't he? And Cerra still needs a fitness test..

Nah Bobby to take MOTY so Pies have the quinella .. share it around!

Load up on the blues

We have both Rosebury and Stephens umpiring. Hosking too
rosebury the star of 2018 GF Maynard block ignore and 2022 qualifying final cheat show always seems to get us in big games ..Thats 4 games I think this year he's officiated in . there's over 30 field umpires and this guy bobs up every second week with us ..

rosebury the star of 2018 GF Maynard block ignore and 2022 qualifying final cheat show always seems to get us in big games ..Thats 4 games I think this year he's officiated in . there's over 30 field umpires and this guy bobs up every second week with us ..
If its not rosebury or stephens. Its stevic. Or if we're lucky, the trifecta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back