Game Day Round 9, 2020: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YnKjPle.png

As David King says

Shop early and get a lead then relax.

We can't relax though, that didn't work against Freo.

We need to kick their heads in early and then keep kicking their heads in.

No remorse.

Don’t think I’ll be able to trust us with a lead for a while. In the last quarter when the opposition needs more goals than there are minutes left to play, that’s when I can start to wind down a bit.

Watch a lot of sport and reckon this is the most intense / stressful of them all. Maybe that’s just supporting Saints tho.

Freo was the ultimate kick in the stones for that. Off the back of 2 good wins we are 1Q in, dominant and playing good stuff. Remember thinking finally a game that will be more relaxing and I can just enjoy it.

Then the universe took that thought and rammed it sideways up my arse.

I’ll take any win. Before I would have wanted to make a statement in these games but it’s such a weird year, playing below par and winning is okay and the sign of a decent team.

Haven't beaten Sydney since 2012

Time for them to work their asses off. Doesn't need to be pretty just needs to be a win.

Was just looking that up. Round 9 2012 and only Geary from the current list was around then:

When reading all the preview threads on here it really highlights how crap we've been for so long. The nearer we get to game time the more pessimistic the comments become. I understand the feeling because I've witnessed first hand more Saint's losses than most of you guys have had hot dinners !

But even I can recognize that we are a totally different team this year, player wise, coach wise and in game style. Sure there will be hiccups along the way like the Freo game but I'm very confident we'll be too good for Sydney and have a comfortable win.

I thought we were certs against the Crows and a good chance against Port and posted as much. Some of you guys need to chill out, bin your understandable pessimism and get on board the Saints train.

There won't be any slip up this week. Saints by 30.

When I played footy or basketball games as a younger man, the fear of loosing and subsequent nerves worked well for me.....the worse it was the better i'd play most times....but as a fan, a spectator the fear and worry of it all defines me as a total wimp.

It must be an awesome feeling just to totally believe to the extent of knowing your going to win. Unfortunately as a Saint the few times I've dared to believe we've got it in the bag the unthinkable tends to eventuate.
So it is that I approach every game with great insecurity and trepidation.

I was watching Yokayi Footy the other night and their segment on Sydney started that uneasy feeling.....they do have some young talent up there and a deal of older too.....No game is easy .......this will be no exception. 4 points .... percentage and NEXT!!! P.G.

Was just looking that up. Round 9 2012 and only Geary from the current list was around then:

We have a knack for vesting the eventual premiers don't t we.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few interesting statistics involving the number 5
-StKilda have won 4 of their last 5 games and Sydney have lost 4 of their last 5 games

-Saints are 5-3 and Swans are 3-5

-Saints are currently 5th and Sydney are currently 15th

-Saints goal kicking accuracy is 54%. Ranked #2

-Saints have kicked more goals from 15 metres out than any other team in the competition (+6)

-In the last four games the Saints have won the centre clearance differential by 5 per game. Ranked #1

-Rowan Marshall recorded a hit out to advantage rate of 55% last round. The highest percentage of any ruckman in the league.

Let's hope the Saints can win by 5 goals or 55 points. We've picked a strong team and we need to get it done. Do it Saints!

When reading all the preview threads on here it really highlights how crap we've been for so long. The nearer we get to game time the more pessimistic the comments become. I understand the feeling because I've witnessed first hand more Saint's losses than most of you guys have had hot dinners !

But even I can recognize that we are a totally different team this year, player wise, coach wise and in game style. Sure there will be hiccups along the way like the Freo game but I'm very confident we'll be too good for Sydney and have a comfortable win.

I thought we were certs against the Crows and a good chance against Port and posted as much. Some of you guys need to chill out, bin your understandable pessimism and get on board the Saints train.

Maybe true but that didnt stop us stuffing up against the roos and freo so i think we have every right to be a little pessimistic

Just on this, that's our 'expected accuracy' which is some strange formula they've created.

Our literal accuracy (goals/goals+behinds) is about 65% I think.
Spot on. We've kicked 87. 47 for the season which is nearly 65%

Spot on. We've kicked 87. 47 for the season which is nearly 65%

I did some quick maths to check! It's ridiculous the only games we've scored more points is north and pies. You'd be laughed out of here if you mentioned that would be our accuracy half-way through the season a year or two ago.

If we keep it up well win more games than we lose this year.

A few interesting statistics involving the number 5
-StKilda have won 4 of their last 5 games and Sydney have lost 4 of their last 5 games

-Saints are 5-3 and Swans are 3-5

-Saints are currently 5th and Sydney are currently 15th

-Saints goal kicking accuracy is 54%. Ranked #2

-Saints have kicked more goals from 15 metres out than any other team in the competition (+6)

-In the last four games the Saints have won the centre clearance differential by 5 per game. Ranked #1

-Rowan Marshall recorded a hit out to advantage rate of 55% last round. The highest percentage of any ruckman in the league.

Let's hope the Saints can win by 5 goals or 55 points. We've picked a strong team and we need to get it done. Do it Saints!

To bad Savage isn’t playing. Could have got BOG. 😄

It's hard to have any confidence after the Fremantle disaster, but we have played better football than Sydney this year so there is no excuses for that not to continue happening today.

Let's show some maturity as a club, play a strong 4 quarters and beat a side we should be beating. We cant be a good side until we start doing that, so hopefully by tonight we can considering ourselves a good side.

Players to watch - King has been close to having a big performance, and today is the day where those 'so close' moments turn into actual moments we talk about for days. Time for him to stamp his authority on a game.

Also Gresh, he's been good in the second half of the last 3 games when the game has been on the line but today, I'd like to see him with that dominance and impact from the first bounce.

Going for Saints by 24 points.
Butler to kick 4 (keeping pace with Charlie Cameron). King for 8 contested marks.
Hill to get 28 disposals as his breakout game for the club.

I get the concept, I just can't execute it. We drop exactly these kinds of games and the bigger the prize and smaller the opponent only seems to work against us even more. The Hawks got knocked off by Sydney then beat a Carlton. They aren't a push over side still. We are young and inexperienced and have form. I'm worried and will be right up until we are 30 points up with 2 minutes to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back