Preview Round 9: Essendon vs The Orange Team, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 11th May, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to quell Whitfield...?
Smack Down Elbow Drop GIF by Originals

Dunno where to post but has anyone noticed in the behind the bombers series our players always listen to "Many Men" - 50 cent, before they walk out onto the ground to play? I love it lol, great hype song

Dunno where to post but has anyone noticed in the behind the bombers series our players always listen to "Many Men" - 50 cent, before they walk out onto the ground to play? I love it lol, great hype song
Edgy song *

*some idiot was going to post it… may as well be this idiot

Round 9 sees us return home after successfully securing the 4 points in Perth, in what amazingly enough, is a battle for a position in the top 4.
Kind of glad Melbourne won last weekend and we didn’t end up in top 4 (especially with our sub 100 percentage). More credible to earn our way in by beating a genuine contender like GWS.

silk - nice preview BTW.

Would like to see us go with Goldstein and see how we match a quality side (albeit without some quality players, although we are also without some)

Dont want to go in with Bryan, he gets man handles by a huge Briggs and we lose by plenty and have an excuse of some sort

Im also a bit against dropping a small like Davey for a ruck like Bryan

But all conjecture at the moment anyway, no one definitely knows what the cheer ect was for

If We’re going 2 rucks + Wright (and Jones) then I wouldn’t mind Stringer being picked as Sub.

Forwards
Perkins Jones Gresh
Langford Wright Guelf

Mids

Kelly Merrett Cox
Goldy Parish Duz in the middle

Should be enough pressure there. Then Jake comes on to rip in against a tired team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when he’s played AFL i recall bryan general having excellent marking/ kicking execution so he certainly could spend time in the f50 j think
I recall him getting around the ground to provide link up marks and showibg promise with his clean taps. I'm not confident he has the body mass to compete with Briggs though.
Cal Twomey just reporting that Duursma tore his quad at training today and will miss 4+ weeks. Disappointing, has really worked into the season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
******* heck!!! 😡

Will be Tsatas or Shiel, which is most likely

Or a fwd and move a Perkins/Davey to a wing more which has a very small plausible case of happening

Hind the other small chance, probs more likely than the direct above

Tsatas for me

Last edited:
Forward 50 efficiency will be key for us in this one. Any turnovers there will be swept away by Whitfield & co. Giants average 40 odd points from their defensive chains.

I think they scored 100 points off our turnovers last year.

Massive test for us. they have matchwinners on every line.
This is my concern too. We saw Barrass, McGovern and Witherden keep us under 12 goals. GWS defence is back to full strength with Taylor's return. We could be in for a tough night.

Maybe Martin's firepower from Duursma's wing is the go and we bring in Hayes. Give Redman the freedom to play Marto's role and run and distribute.

Yeah, shiel not a winger for sure.

Do we move Martin to wing, Redman more attacking this week and bring in a Hayes or Roberts?

If you’re bringing in Roberts why wouldn’t he just play wing?

Tsatas was playing there earlier in the year so that could be an option. Also.

That’s the most obvious “direct swap” option.

if going indirect I think they would want to move out one of the small mids to a secondary position and have Sheil inside… or Try Jones as a Wing and find another half forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back