Current Rye bashing resulting in tragic death *Man Charged*

Remove this Banner Ad

What course of action/punishment would you prefer to see?

No option but to incarcerate. Sentence feels right (but lets be honest none of us know the full details) on the surface.

Just saying this bullshit macho drink til you fall down culture is a problem.

Have mates that know this guy. Is an absolute tosser and so is his entire family. Prick's lucky he got manslaughter

Let's be honest only tossers of the highest order go out and king hit people....usually individuals that are low socially/emotionally and/or mental health issues.. combine this with alcohol/drugs (amphets, steroids) and u have an instant *******.

Normal people are able to go out and have a good time (regardless of what they put into their bodies) without being toss pots.

Judges need to start locking these *******s up for lengthy periods. They don't belong in our society.

Hopefully they don't get out, with a bit of luck someone will treat him the way he treated his victim.
Won't be a loss to humanity

Unlikely. He'll be out in 5-6 years and probably a lot more dangerous than when he went inside.

We should consider looking at the Norwegian model for incarceration and rehabilitation imo.

Pls explain

They incarcerate people for shorter lengths of time, and their prisons are more similar to a caravan park and focused entirely on rehabilitation. Violence between prisoners is practically unheard of, and because they're safe within the prison they focus on rehab and its a lot more effective.

Still depriving people of liberty and punishing them, but not going to turn a teen who made a mistake (even a fatal one) into a career criminal.

Its strange when people see this stuff and take glee at the thought of the attacker going away for 9 years. Odds are that kid is going to be more dangeorus when he gets out at 27-28 and only has mates from the inside. I'd rather we did something to fix that.

They incarcerate people for shorter lengths of time, and their prisons are more similar to a caravan park and focused entirely on rehabilitation. Violence between prisoners is practically unheard of, and because they're safe within the prison they focus on rehab and its a lot more effective.

Still depriving people of liberty and punishing them, but not going to turn a teen who made a mistake (even a fatal one) into a career criminal.

Its strange when people see this stuff and take glee at the thought of the attacker going away for 9 years. Odds are that kid is going to be more dangeorus when he gets out at 27-28 and only has mates from the inside. I'd rather we did something to fix that.

Who cares? He didn't steal a newspaper from someone's front lawn, he killed someone.
The cnut can die in jail for all I care, rehabilitation is for those that commit lesser crimes than murder.
His victims family will still be suffering in 9 years time while this *stick is wandering from the shower block to the games room in his "caravan park".

Who cares? He didn't steal a newspaper from someone's front lawn, he killed someone.
The campaigner can die in jail for all I care, rehabilitation is for those that commit lesser crimes than murder.
His victims family will still be suffering in 9 years time while this ****stick is wandering from the shower block to the games room in his "caravan park".

I guess its because I (and you) end up living near guys like this and I'd prefer if I didn't have to worry about getting king hit when I'm at the pub. Then I'd prefer a LOWER CRIME RATE OVERALL.

I completely understand the psychology behind a rehabilitation model like that but also feel that its relevant to consider the vast cultural differences between Australia and Norway that would impact it's likelihood of success here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely understand the psychology behind a rehabilitation model like that but also feel that its relevant to consider the vast cultural differences between Australia and Norway that would impact it's likelihood of success here.

Hardly that vast, they're one of our contemporaries.

It does work in regards to rehab, the stats prove it. Probably not the place for discussion though.

It does work in regards to rehab, the stats prove it. Probably not the place for discussion though.

Good point, would be an interesting thread topic that's for sure! Either way in cases like this people need to remember that the 3 main priorities in order when sentencing people are

1. Ensuring public safety
2. Rehabilition of offender so they don't become a recidivist
3. Incarceration

Remember it's called a correctional facility these days not a prison!

In light of recent discoveries, it seems like this bloke maybe heading down the right path.

If his actions are such, that he is in minimum security, and eligible for day release, surely he must be heading down the rehabilitation path.??

In light of recent discoveries, it seems like this bloke maybe heading down the right path.

If his actions are such, that he is in minimum security, and eligible for day release, surely he must be heading down the rehabilitation path.??

so he's doing it easy and going to get released but the person he bashed is dead. Yeah seems fair.

so he's doing it easy and going to get released but the person he bashed is dead. Yeah seems fair.

Read 3 posts above to my response in 2014. Not a popular opinion but if he on the right path to rehabilitating himself slowly integrating back into society makes a lot of sense. Especially when you consider the fact the offender waa only 20 at the time

Read 3 posts above to my response in 2014. Not a popular opinion but if he on the right path to rehabilitating himself slowly integrating back into society makes a lot of sense. Especially when you consider the fact the offender waa only 20 at the time
I’m from the area so see a lot of people who know him. You’d hope he doesn’t keep up with the same crowd after release. Reading their comments on Facebook, they’re still threatening and abusing people

One said it’s not his fault that David couldn’t take a punch. Hard to maintain rehabilitation when that’s your friends attitude

I’m from the area so see a lot of people who know him. You’d hope he doesn’t keep up with the same crowd after release. Reading their comments on Facebook, they’re still threatening and abusing people

One said it’s not his fault that David couldn’t take a punch. Hard to maintain rehabilitation when that’s your friends attitude

Grew up in Mooroolbark so know how rough the valley boys can be. Can only imagine what you've seen

fair enough. i respect your opinion and it makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back