Discussion Saints cooking

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been making my own sausages for many years. I buy my sausage casings online. A company called smoked and cured.
There's a YouTube channel called "two men and a cooler" which is well worth following for sausage recipes.
Mincers aren't too expensive and and a 1kg sausage stuffer is fairly cheap.
Pork and fennel is my go to sausage. You can make pretty good sausages just using chicken mince and flavourings, if you just want to dip your toe in the water, without spending money on a mincer.

My son decided to cook some of his heritage and made Chevapi which is like a skinless slavic sausage. I went in to wake him up for school the next morning and his room smelt so strong of garlic my eyes watered. He thought the first time he made it it was too mild so went from a clove to a handful. I gave the left overs to the dog, looked like it might stop breathing.

For the few times I stray off my low carb path, I cook this recipe
Simple but delicious!
Love Vincenzo too. His videos are entertaining.

For those interested, this is how my curing chamber looks at the moment. Trying my hand at some German smoked salami and some cured pork cheek

View attachment 1212183

woah!!!!!

My son decided to cook some of his heritage and made Chevapi which is like a skinless slavic sausage. I went in to wake him up for school the next morning and his room smelt so strong of garlic my eyes watered. He thought the first time he made it it was too mild so went from a clove to a handful. I gave the left overs to the dog, looked like it might stop breathing.

hahahahaha i'm in tears

I've started making my own chili sauce as it's hard to find stuff that hot enough for addicts like myself and the Darl and when you do it's $10 bucks for 120ml bottle. I only just realized how bloody cheap habaneros are now so it was a no brainer. If I'd known it was so easy id have done it years ago.

I've started making my own chili sauce as it's hard to find stuff that hot enough for addicts like myself and the Darl and when you do it's $10 bucks for 120ml bottle. I only just realized how bloody cheap habaneros are now so it was a no brainer. If I'd known it was so easy id have done it years ago.

I've done the same thing but it's a commitment for a condiment. Just finding jars and sterilising them is a pain.

I'm lucky , my mother see's Chilli sauce at all the markets and crap she goes to , and always gets me some.
Amazon product ASIN B009FPWGPIthese ones were OK.

EU7buIFVAAANu8Q.jpg

I made some BBQ sauce last night and paired it with some beef brisket. Didn’t need a bottle cause I made just enough for one serving

I've done the same thing but it's a commitment for a condiment. Just finding jars and sterilising them is a pain.
Buy some beer in bottles and just find a way to re-lid them.

A giant pot in boiling water is the easy and lazy way to sterilize

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buy some beer in bottles and just find a way to re-lid them.

A giant pot in boiling water is the easy and lazy way to sterilize

I'm already clocking out at step 1. I'll just pour sriracha on everything instead. I will drink some beer though, that's sage advice.

Did you process the pumpkin yourself? Every recipe I've seen from Americans is them pouring it from a can
Yeah fresh pumpkin don’t use butternut any of the others are fine. My youngest daughter cooked it for me it’s a family favourite.

The American heritage cookbook, a penguin handbook. I see copies online second hand from time to time, well worth the money.

1630818981012.jpeg

She users a recipe straight out of this much used book, it’s a pretty handy little book even has some traditional cocktails in it. The recipe doesn’t quite measure up to my dads but that went to the grave with him along with a few other classics including a brown beef stew that was last meal good.

Last edited:
Just starting the last batch of beef bourguignon for the winter/spring.

Marinate everything in a bottle of red for 24 hours, then slow cook with some garlic, mushrooms bacon and tomato's etc etc

then consume with another bottle of red!!!!

View attachment 1226927
I have some chuck steak and it’s on the menu this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back