Saints, Dogs, Dockers, Lions. Who finishes highest in 2019?

• Saints

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Dogs

Votes: 49 28.8%
  • Freo

Votes: 47 27.6%
  • Lions

Votes: 55 32.4%

He was (deservedly) talked up a lot after his finals series. Not so much anymore despite maintaining a high standard of performance since coming here.

The fact even Dogs supporters are disagreeing with the aforementioned poster's overrating of Dogs-era Hamling shows how influenced his opinion is by that post finals media hype.
We probably pay more attention to him when we watch freo games because we ALL love him and a wrapped he is doing well.

nice selective quoting there .... you cant actually give me any solid answers to disprove what i say so you selectivly misquote me to make your point ... wow quality right there ...
for the record if you were to quote me properly it reads :

It got what it deserved!

"from the outside looking at who they got to the club you could argue that they are due for a massive lift but as we have seen time and time again good players coming home to Freo have a tendency to become shadows of the players they were at their old clubs"

Makes absolutely no difference. You made an observation and followed it up with your bullshit version of history...

"not returning home but players to come to freo and become spuds :
Trent Croad
Chris Tarrant
Dean Solomon
Danyle Pearce
Colin Sylvia
...."

Let me narrow it down for you.

"become spuds"!

"its prob too early to make a call on Wilson and Matera but their first season didnt set the world on fire
the facts are right there ..
in fact the only players i can think of that started at another club and became better while at freo was Luke Mcpharlan and Troy Cook... correct me if im wrong ."

An opinion doesnt make it "fact". Besides, there was nothing about that comment that related to Wilson and Matera, it was regarding your misconstrued 'point'...

i would have thought over the years Freo fans would have developed a tougher skin in regards to people questioning their club ... never expected to see the triggered replys i have gotten over what i have said ... hell good luck to you if you have another poor season in 2019 cause what i have writen is bordering on a complement

Keep pumping up your t***ies like you have something worth playing with, you'll fool someone soon...

I used to like the Dogs as a kid but something about this current mob falling down the ladder amuses me.

yawn .... you are dull and boring just like your team joker if you dont understand the basics of an opinion and cant debate that opinion with anything other than "your are embarasingly wrong" then thats on you ....
you had ample opportunity to name these players from other clubs who have gone on to become great players from freo but the fact is you cant ... (unless you go back to the 90's) ...
i cant stand WCE but at least their supporters know how to converse about the footy ...

so you are honestly saying Brad hill is a better player last year then he was at hawthorn .... i mean be honest ..
as for Hamling he was on track to be one of the best backmen in the comp at the dogs in their flag year but he has not come close to that as yet at freo ...

the point remains your club doesnt have a great record of turning another clubs player into a better player for you ... ill put the question to you who are the players who have come to Freo and been better than they were at their previous club ? i can only think of McPharlin and Cook ... but please enlighten me
Your Brad hill comment is up there mate haha of course you look better in a three peat team with talent everywhere but he won our bnf then derailed with injuries and as for hamling can you list the dogs players that have been playing better then 2016 form?
Dusty didn’t play as well as 2017 is he cooked? Has Hardwick stuff him? He didn’t even get in AA maybe he should retire

ok ok ill give you Hill ... but honestly i reckon most people on B/f would say he was more damaging and better player at Hawthorn (obviously the players around him helps but thats kinda the point) ..
you bring up Tarrant's situation while at Freo as an excuse and fair enough but the point remains he was never the player in purple as he was in black and white
Solomon - its not my expectaion of him to get better i really didnt care if he was a spud or not but the point is still valid he was (with age the excuse) half the player he was at Essendon ....
so my original observation remains correct , Freo have not had a great record at getting players to be better playing for them as they did from the clubs they originally came from ...
so that is the reason im not sold that the new guys Freo got this off season are going to be enough especially with Ross Lyons coaching style ... the gameplan takes a hell of a lot of comitment and concentration and ultimatly burns players out over time i dunno how that will work with guys like Hogan and Lobb
As for hogan he kicked 40+ and won the rising star when Roos was going defensively and they had less inside 50s then us
Lyon uses a lot of Roos ethos and hogan held up well then
It all comes down to injuries if we have a good run we will be fighting for the 8 if we have a repeat of the last couple years we will be fighting to stay out the bottom 4

Your Brad hill comment is up there mate haha of course you look better in a three peat team with talent everywhere but he won our bnf then derailed with injuries and as for hamling can you list the dogs players that have been playing better then 2016 form?
Dusty didn’t play as well as 2017 is he cooked? Has Hardwick stuff him? He didn’t even get in AA maybe he should retire
thats kinda my point ... Brad Hill through either the players around him or the injurys he has had has not been as damaging for freo as he was for Hawthorn ... thats not a dig at the player not a dig at the club just stating the differance .. some players are stars regardless of the team around them (take Pavlich or Fyfe in good teams they were stars in average teams they were stars ) some players are significantly better in stronger teams than weaker teams, my point is Freo's trading has been on the end of the latter rather than the first option..

i havent said once Brad Hill is cooked so dont make out i have , he is a fine player easily best 22 in every team in the comp but his output one way or the other is not what it was at hawthorn

As for hogan he kicked 40+ and won the rising star when Roos was going defensively and they had less inside 50s then us
Lyon uses a lot of Roos ethos and hogan held up well then
It all comes down to injuries if we have a good run we will be fighting for the 8 if we have a repeat of the last couple years we will be fighting to stay out the bottom 4
as i said it will be interesting to see how it turns out .. Ross has coached teams with a mobile forward like Pavlich and a Riewoldt who went and got a lot of footy around the ground but he hasnt really ever had a stay at home forward at the quallity of hogan at his disposal so it will be interesting to see how he uses him ... you game plan is going to have to change as the one you used last year with your forward enteries isnt going to play Hogan to he strengths

Hogan was a stay at home forward last year was he? .. he’s not a mobile fwd ??.. lol

Just more evidence you dribble absolutely garbage.

Hahaha hogan stay at home?
You need to watch the footy before you give an opinion

thats kinda my point ... Brad Hill through either the players around him or the injurys he has had has not been as damaging for freo as he was for Hawthorn ... thats not a dig at the player not a dig at the club just stating the differance .. some players are stars regardless of the team around them (take Pavlich or Fyfe in good teams they were stars in average teams they were stars ) some players are significantly better in stronger teams than weaker teams, my point is Freo's trading has been on the end of the latter rather than the first option..

i havent said once Brad Hill is cooked so dont make out i have , he is a fine player easily best 22 in every team in the comp but his output one way or the other is not what it was at hawthorn
He won our best and fairest dude you’re delusional my reference to him looking better at hawthorn is his kicks got marked and moved in highly skilled chains
he can’t help last year we were ravished by injuries and he was kicking to dardy mcrafty and a bunch of kids with less then 50 games the passage of play breaks down that’s the difference

Hogan was a stay at home forward last year was he? .. he’s not a mobile fwd ??.. lol

Just more evidence you dribble absolutely garbage.
you dont understand the differance between Riewoldt and Pavlich as forwards and Hogan as a forward then thats on you not me

We probably pay more attention to him when we watch freo games because we ALL love him and a wrapped he is doing well.
fair enough.
It’s probably because they’ve been successful
Possibly. There has been a certain saints fan still offended about the "Unbiased" umpiring in the 2016 GF.

fair enough.
Possibly. There has been a certain saints fan still offended about the "Unbiased" umpiring in the 2016 GF.
No amount of supposed "biased" umpiring can change the fact that Kennedy and Mitchell (plus maybe Rampe) were the only Swans to truly put up a fight that day

I doubt any play finals but

Tend to agree. I think we should take another step, but don’t have us playing finals yet.

Dogs have talent in my opinion. They just need to refind that spark. Bevo needs to get the best out of them this year.

Doggies. Best of a rotten bunch i reckon. Lions are still one year away from a rapid rise up the ladder. Saints and Freo won't make any significant progress until they get rid of the outdated coaches imo.

no no no dont you get it ive obviously hit a raw nerve with the poor little Freo darlings so therefore anything St Kilda is terrible (im actually surprised the word culture hasnt been mentioned yet)
such thin skinned supporters at least other team supporters will put together a reasoned responce to why they disagree with an opposing point of veiw ... Freo fans seem to just go with the "you are dillusional" yet cant seem to back that comment up with anything ... i asked a pretty simple question of what players have improved from what they were at their original club and only one of the Freo darlings had the balls to at least try to put a list together (too bad 80% of them were players from the early 90's) ....
so instead of playing the man and calling me dillusional prove me wrong Freo fans ... i have already conceeded Spider Burton as i had forgoten about him ... im also conceeding that Hamling is prob not worse but same same on what he was at the dogs and im open to the concession that to Freo fans they would believe Hill is better than he was at Hawthorn (i dont agree but eh) ... so what exactly am i dilusional about ?
if i say something i back it up with a reason for my belief on that subject ... the Freo fans here seem happy to just throw mud cause my opinion hurts their feelings ...
Are you confident that Saints will finish Above Freo in 2019?