Sam Newman- people have had enough of this shameless racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that this thread is about Sam Newman. All discussion on the upcoming referendum - please continue ON THE SRP BOARD

Last edited by a moderator:
Who did the Welcome to Country, if there were no Indigenous people present?!?

Why was it done at a wedding?!?

Do you understand that defecation is a natural part of being human... and that Welcome to Country doesn't mean that you cannot interact with the environment?!?

I suspect they are confusing the Welcome to Country with the Acknowledgement of Country. Sam Newman confuses the 2, likewise do most of the posters in support of Newman in here.

Powerful white male who has a platform across the media along with powerful interest groups is offended by having to listen someone showing some respect by saying welcome.

Not surprised.

The irony is he is continually outraged / offended and will tell others to get over it and not be offended when someone points out the inconsistency and lack of substance in his utterings.

Last edited:

Loving the depth of discussion of discussion on this.....:rolleyes:

Yeah the good ol 'silent majority' who are never silent.
The dregs of Howard's battlers, handed everything on a plate for the past thirty years and still they blame anybody but themselves for their wretched lives.

The dregs of Howard's battlers, handed everything on a plate for the past thirty years and still they blame anybody but themselves for their wretched lives.

Can not disagree with what someone such as Sam says as he has the right to be offended....

How dare anyone call something out.

If we are gonna piss off welcome to countrys came we also piss off all that other crap people say at events. Things like the national anthem, w***ers talking about how great the event is, sponsors talking and any other boring protocol that frankly is just an excuse for self important morons to listen to their own voices while the rest of us are also forced to?

None of us really care about that garbage either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never booed anybody, i think its childish, so never needed to reconsider, i just know the booing was not about him being aboriginal. answer then why was he the only one contaly booed? and i think his a self righteous person and a twat of a person, and that's BECAUSE of him not his race
I mean he appears to be really well respected by other Indigenous footballers who have played the game. I think their opinion has much more credibility than yours. Unlike you, they actually know him.

Ok then explain why if it was because he was Aboriginal then why others were not continually booed? when he had a few fellow Aboriginal team mates, and the people from the other sides that were booing had a few of them too in their side(club).
This worn out question has been covered millions of times. I can't believe you still can't get your head around it.

There's a very clear trend of footballers getting ostracised and targeted as soon as they start being publicly outspoken about racism. Look at Heritier Lumumba. Hell, even Eddie Betts copped abuse.

Never booed him but from what i heard about it stated as him playing for free kicks and then it was something about the Australian of the year award, and when it the booing happened, he played it was about him being Aboriginal, then people where like me and thought hang on, there are so many Aboriginals playing and your the only one booed and you say its about race, so the booing escalated from there more vigorously. You can not on any level say that clubs with Aboriginal players in their side would boo him because he is of that race, there are hypocrites in the world, but geeze not that many.
You are correct, the booing of Adam Goodes did indeed start because of Whateley & Robbo bringing attention to his staging for free kicks, but you gotta admit, the booing lasted longer than it should of because some racist fans took the ball given to them by Whately & Robbo and ran with it, and ran with it, hell they kept running with it until they ran the poor guy out of the game. It was ugly what happened, but more than anyone I hold the AFL media responsible for what happened to Goodes, because as we all know, he that makes the beginning is the cause of all the rest, and he was never booed until the AFL media shone the light on his staging for free kicks.

Oh wow, you compared Australians who died fighting for our survival for a welcome to the country nonsense. again WOW
I've already mentioned a response to that same question, if people actually think that is what he is alluding to then you have the issues not him. its a damn game of football ( sport) not politics. This whole thing about adding pride round and indigenous round etc is a crock imo, its hypocritical for people that are say gay and or Aboriginal background like to say don't treat us differently, yet at the same time want to be with different flags and anthems and with these type of things happening in sport.
Your posts in this thread clearly show you’re not worth replying to, but I can’t let this hypocrisy slide.

So to sum up your position, these are things you think ARE political:

Indigenous welcomes
Sexual orientations

Compared to what you think is NOT political:

War

Of course I don’t actually think we should boo the anzacs, I was using it as an example to highlight how ridiculous it would be to boo the WTC.

not going the way you expected or wanted , Mate?
Going what way, inane drivel around in circles?

I've already had my say as someone that is of you know, actual Indigenous ancestry and sees the problems on a daily basis. Can other wallabys refrain from quoting us or weirdos sent us any cowardly and offensive PMs.

Have a nice day boys.

Hey, I personally fought the Germans in WW2 and I demand full credit for that.
I know I got pretty black out drunk the other night, but I can’t remember storming beaches of Normandy - pretty sure I just walked through the McDonalds drive through

You are correct, the booing of Adam Goodes did indeed start because of Whateley & Robbo bringing attention to his staging for free kicks, but you gotta admit, the booing lasted longer than it should of because some racist fans took the ball given to them by Whately & Robbo and ran with it, and ran with it, hell they kept running with it until they ran the poor guy out of the game. It was ugly what happened, but more than anyone I hold the AFL media responsible for what happened to Goodes, because as we all know, he that makes the beginning is the cause of all the rest, and he was never booed until the AFL media shone the light on his staging for free kicks.

The guy was a pensioner and in the death throes of his career. He hardly gave it away at age 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back