Sam Newman- people have had enough of this shameless racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that this thread is about Sam Newman. All discussion on the upcoming referendum - please continue ON THE SRP BOARD

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if Newman is a Geelong 'legend'. He is a complete and utter grub in his public pronouncements and deserves to be completely excommunicated by the football world for his latest as well as his past brainfarts. He is a racist from a privileged background (Geelong Grammar) and just plain idiotic.

The Welcome To Country is divisive? It should be booed??? How the f*ck would booing the Welcome To Country not be devisive you f*ckwit!??

FU Sam
Sport Middle Finger GIF by UFC

GABBA tonight - Welcome to Country again had no boos and loud cheers:

That was an awesome WTC and they actually found a singer with a good voice for the National Anthem

Newman says no Aboriginal player has ever been booed because of his race.

I was sitting in the Geelong Social Club back in the day when we were playing Essendon at Kardinia Park. A POS next to me shouted out towards a black opposition player, "You dirty black boong!". I told him to shut up if he didn't want a knuckle sandwich. Lucky for me he did shut up otherwise I would have been charged with assault.

What about Nicky Winmar?

Newman is a filthy grub who is a disgrace to our club :mad:

You're desperately lying. And I know you are, because I've laboured you with education tools.

There's only a few reasons you'd actively avoid accepting the clear and known knowledge/support for Welcome to Country... And it's because you're a Cu...

Sorry hit the character limit.
You can think what ever you want but when you resort to petty name calling you've lost the battle.

You are correct, the booing of Adam Goodes did indeed start because of Whateley & Robbo bringing attention to his staging for free kicks, but you gotta admit, the booing lasted longer than it should of because some racist fans took the ball given to them by Whately & Robbo and ran with it, and ran with it, hell they kept running with it until they ran the poor guy out of the game. It was ugly what happened, but more than anyone I hold the AFL media responsible for what happened to Goodes, because as we all know, he that makes the beginning is the cause of all the rest, and he was never booed until the AFL media shone the light on his staging for free kicks.
yeah true its not a goodes thread, and it went on way to far even though i don't like the bloke from afar, but it wasnt racial and i stand by that in my beliefs

Does Sam now recognise he’s not even a vocal minority? He’s just a ******* has-been dickhead?

Kudos to all those who attended both prelims and didn’t act like he halfwits who want to disparage the acknowledgement of the traditional owners.

Poor analogy. If it wasn't for all who fought for Australia at all theatres of war, we might not be here and Australia might not exist as we know it.

For those who fought at Gallipoli, the Western Front and other ghastly places, massive respect from me and I wouldn't begrudge them any "special treatment".
Ok. Well said. So now I'm in a meeting at work with another worker and the other worker does the acknowledgement of traditional owners. There's just 2 of us meeting. Neither of us are Aboriginal and we are paying respects to any who might be in our meeting (obviously none). I get it, a big gathering like at the G sure. It's just got to the point where it's at every turn. I believe in the cause. Don't get me wrong.
I don't understand how it affects you. It doesn't and it shouldn't. Couldn't care less if I have to stand for a few minutes on certain occasions recognising the past. I get on with my day as should be the case. It's the dismissive attitude of the Sam Newman brigade that there suffering is irrelevant to us because we weren't apart of it that sickens me. Lets recognise the convicts instead because they suffered just as bad coming to a new land to live. What about them?. It's a pathetic argument from a sad stale old man desperate for relevancy.

What concerns me about our society is that free speech is a right, but also cancelling someone for offending you seems to take precedence.

His opinion is attention seeking and controversial at best, racism at worst but gee whiz, when did we become a country of pussies that can't have a conversation without turning it into a personal vilification of a human being.

If you pull back the media reporting, what he's saying is this,

"acknowledgement of country is divisive, wants to promote unity, would rather sing, I am, you are, we are Australia'.

Personally, I love the acknowledgement of country. I think it's meaningful to be reflective and acknowledge the past as we create the future together. But I see his point of view and I find it beyond laughable at grown adults shaming him for having an opinion. Hahahaha
It's a privilege not a right. Referring to free speech. This is where the waters get muddied. You have the privilege of speaking your mind but you don't have the right to vilify other cultures and races when doing so. Not hard to understand. These people hide behind the "freedom of speech" argument to disclose their agenda about certain issues. It's the definition of anti woke. We should stop giving airtime to peanuts like Sam and it might mitigate the divisiveness comments he made will cause

GABBA tonight - Welcome to Country again had no boos and loud cheers:

Mate everyone got to their feet and cheered their guts out.

Absolutely united the crowd.

His opinion is attention seeking and controversial at best, racism at worst but gee whiz, when did we become a country of pussies that can't have a conversation without turning it into a personal vilification of a human being.
Bloke defines himself with his ******* public statements.

Off to Rumble with that piece of sheeeeite.

(Sorry for swear filter evasion.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i never advocated booing as like i mentioned i think its childish. i just don't apply to we have to celebrate the fact people want to be gay or that they are of aboriginal background through sports. i don't care if you feel what you feel about what i write as its my views and like your views they wont be swayed.

People want to be gay? Lots of youth commit suicide because they don't want to be gay. It's not a choice. Maybe educate yourself.

I can imagine some posters were sat on the couch booing their TV last night
always amusing to observe people who are so confident in their beliefs that they assume they are in the majority. Watching them deal with their delusions is hilarious. ie Trump supporters and Sam Newman fans. Probably much the same.

Mate everyone got to their feet and cheered their guts out.

Absolutely united the crowd.

So it seems the Welcome is not only not divisive, since Newman called for people to boo it the ceremony has become even more popular.

Interesting as some were saying a No vote on the voice would mark the a reversal of Australia’s recent embrace of indigenous culture and things like Welcomes/Acknowledgements of Country, flying of the Indigenous and TSI flag alongside the national flag, dual place names etc would be dropped. That a No vote was a pseudo referendum on indigenous culture being integrated into the overall national culture.

It seems those symbolic elements will remain long after the referendum

Last edited:
I agree. I was born here, probably before a few people who are welcoming me to my country. I can't understand why at every single formal event it is performed.

I got off a plane, was welcomed to country, went to a footy game, welcomed again, came home, welcomed again. Had a meeting at work, the weekly meeting, welcomed to county. Monday morning when the next meeting is, I'll be welcomed, tonight on the TV, I'm sure the audience will be welcomed and less than 24 hours, it'll happen again.

At what point does it lose its relevance?
It’s being performed the way it is and as regularly as it is because it’s pertinent to saturate the country with our aboriginal relevance given white people have made them irrelevant for the majority of this countries existence since the English moored their vessels here.

I agree. I was born here, probably before a few people who are welcoming me to my country. I can't understand why at every single formal event it is performed.

I got off a plane, was welcomed to country, went to a footy game, welcomed again, came home, welcomed again. Had a meeting at work, the weekly meeting, welcomed to county. Monday morning when the next meeting is, I'll be welcomed, tonight on the TV, I'm sure the audience will be welcomed and less than 24 hours, it'll happen again.

At what point does it lose its relevance?
It won’t lose relevance. If this stuff is triggering to you then you’re piss weak. Sorry. For all the woke comments the right like to fling about the majority of them are pretty gormless given they can’t handle a welcome to country ceremony.

But it's ok to push for a change of date for Australia day ? Or call it Invasion day ?

Society has just got to cull the crap from the past and move the fck on !

Life is too short to hold onto this negative s**t.
Oh ok, that makes sense. Let’s just forget that Aboriginals were treated like second class citizens because it was a bit negative. Yeah, forget about it. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back