Toast Sam Walsh Rnd 4 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

teagueyubeauty
The next Carlton team of the century is 80 years away!
Cripps and Walsh will be long forgotton, just as the champion players who played in the triple premiership of 1906-07-08 were, and the many other players who were also overlooked for the Carlton team of the 20th century.

Rod McGregor says hello.

Rod McGregor says hello.
Rod was "only good enough" to be an emergency, along with Kerr, Clover and Chitty.
Rod from the 1900's, Clover 1920's, Chitty 1940's, Kerr 1950's.
The TOTC is made by people who have seen the players - within living memory.
I have been fortunate to see all but three of our starting team play, except for Vallence (1930's) Deacon (1940's/early 50's) and Hands (mid 40's/mid 50's, though I might have seen Hands as a young child).
There will be very old footage of Cripps and Walsh playing an old fashioned style of game - providing the technology will still play it.

I find it somewhat odd (disingenuous, actually) that there are no shortage of opposition supporters who announce that they'd sooner have, in particular, Stack & Rozee rather than Walsh.

Can anyone see a situation should any of the other 17 List Managers take either of those players ahead of Walsh, given the opportunity?

I find it somewhat odd (disingenuous, actually) that there are no shortage of opposition supporters who announce that they'd sooner have, in particular, Stack & Rozee rather than Walsh.

Can anyone see a situation should any of the other 17 List Managers take either of those players ahead of Walsh, given the opportunity?
I think it's just a vocal minority Harks.

On the main board, it's really only richmond supporters and one fake cats supporter (actually a tiges supporter).

Disingenuous is 100% the right word to call it.

If you want to talk about upside, imagine Walsh's contested game once he fills out. He's already getting his arms free and finding his teammate now. Vision beyond his years.

There were quite a few Carlton supporters wanting Rozee ahead of Walsh pre draft ;)

On the main board, it's really only richmond supporters and one fake cats supporter (actually a tiges supporter).

If you want to talk about upside, imagine Walsh's contested game once he fills out. He's already getting his arms free and finding his teammate now. Vision beyond his years.
That Marcel Proust moron needs to be smashed with the ban hammer. God he gets under my skin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The public debate should be whether or not he’s completing the greatest season for a first year player ever. I’d say playing every game and averaging 25+ disposals as a genuine midfielder puts him clearly in the conversation.

I went looking for something comparable.

The only one I could find was Toby Greene in 2012.

As the Rising Star field rounds the bend and thunders down the straight, Walsh is 5 lengths in front and looks to be pulling away.

Doesn't mean there aren't other worthy candidates, doesn't speak to how these guys will all end up over the course of their career - but he's caning them this year. No rational judge is putting someone ahead of him this season.

He was touted as "the most ready" player seen in a long long time, possibly ever. Turns out he was.

There were quite a few Carlton supporters wanting Rozee ahead of Walsh pre draft ;)

I was for splitting pick one, if we could get Rozee and Rankine. All in the past now.

With Walsh we don’t just get the talent, we also get the character. Having Cripps, Doc and a maturing Walsh setting the standards at the club in coming years is going to have a trickle down effect on the entire playing list. If the plan was to build a list for sustained success, it looks like SOS chose wisely.

With Walsh we don’t just get the talent, we also get the character. Having Cripps, Doc and a maturing Walsh setting the standards at the club in coming years is going to have a trickle down effect on the entire playing list.

Pick #1 talent on AND off the field.....

I was for splitting pick one, if we could get Rozee and Rankine. All in the past now.

With Walsh we don’t just get the talent, we also get the character. Having Cripps, Doc and a maturing Walsh setting the standards at the club in coming years is going to have a trickle down effect on the entire playing list. If the plan was to build a list for sustained success, it looks like SOS chose wisely.

I think it'a a great thing to have our dual captains at the top end at 25 years of age and then to be book-ended with someone like Walsh at the other end.
There's no escaping leadership at the club. This is a good thing.

Was thinking this exact thing recently. What a pile of s**t. There’s not a hope that anyone, including Knightmare, would pick anyone in that draft other than Walsh if it was redone today.

And if they say they would, they are either liars or they have such poor self esteem that they are incapable of admitting they were wrong.

He’s a MILE ahead of second. And he has huge visible upside.

Rozee? You sure he has the body to go midfield? You wanna take that risk? That he’s a flashy half forward? He’s not De Goey good. No way. So what is he? Sydney Stack? Flashy. Breaks up play. I like them both.

But no way no way no way does any list manager take anyone but walsh if they run that draft again today.

great point - new players coming into the club who even think about working outside player integrity guidelines will look up and see doc, cripps and walsh staring at them.........

To be fair, i'm not surprised that there are several punters stupid enough to actually believe Walsh is not the best in the draft... There were at-least 12 professional head recruiters that didn't rate Cripps!

I will be very salty if Walsh gets shafted, like dead sea salty...

I wouldn't trade walsh for Rozee and Stack, it's hard to imagine a trade juicy enough to pry Walsh from Carlton?

Nice holding the fort against those numpties on the MB mate. Note sure how you've got the patience for those trolls .. I certainly don't. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back