Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Pushing his trade value up with that kind of performance, I like it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Maybe the Niners trade Lance and keep the gorgeous Italian instead? :p

Reasons i think 49ers can win against dallas

Diggs as a cover corner - Not elite.

But, his elite ball skills help to mask some of his coverage issues.

Corners with a minimum 500 coverage snaps

• Penalties committed: 11 (1st)
  • Targets: 96 (5th)
  • Completions: (8th)
  • Yards given up: 1,016 (1st)
  • Y/CMP: 18.5 (1st)
  • YAC: 425 (3rd)
  • TDs: 5 (4th)
  • PFF Coverage Grade: 66.7 (19th)
When Diggs is in man coverage, his numbers are even worse. He’s better in zone and more of a ball hawk in zone, but still gives up a lot of yards and completions. Make no mistake, we can throw on Diggs and have success. We just can’t target him over and over again, because he will eventually make us pay. The good thing is that the 49ers don’t usually go after corners directly on the outside, so this will help to minimize Diggs a bit.

YAC Bros Can Feast

Mentioning Diggs' issues with giving up YAC is only a portion of the picture. According to PFF, the Cowboys have 3 of the 10 worst corners at preventing YAC. Diggs is 3rd worst, Lewis is 5th worst, and Brown is 9th worst. Their top safety, Jayron Kearse leads all safeties in YAC given up as well. As a team, DAL has given up almost 2,300 YAC yards this season. That's 4th worst in the NFL.

Running the Ball

According to Football Outsiders, teams that run the ball to the right side (left side of DAL D-line) have a lot of success.

DAL D-Line Adjusted Line Yards Rank (Defense Perspective):

• Wide Right - 16th
  • Right End - 5th
  • Up the Middle - 6th
  • Left End - 31st
  • Wide Left - 27th
DAL is also 19th in Stuffed Rate at 16%, which means they only stop the ball carrier at or behind the LoS 16%of the time. In comparison, the 49ers are 6th with 21%.

This game will be won by ball security.

Both teams will get their opportunity on offense but no cheap turnovers.

Jimmy has to keep the ball safe, set up YAC plays and the 49ers will be in this.

This game will be won by ball security.

Both teams will get their opportunity on offense but no cheap turnovers.

Jimmy has to keep the ball safe, set up YAC plays and the 49ers will be in this.
Run the ball 30 times

And use play action on majority of the passes is what they should do

The 49ers will bash the Cowboys, they are more of a finesse team even on d. Don't try to run around Parsons, run through him

Run the ball 30 times

And use play action on majority of the passes is what they should do

The 49ers will bash the Cowboys, they are more of a finesse team even on d. Don't try to run around Parsons, run through him

My only fear on offense is the Cowboys LBs dropping in coverage to undercut those crossing and seam routes Jimmy loves so much. He has shown a history of throwing those types of picks when LBs and even safeties are not where they are schemed to be.

On the plus side, whatever space Parsons occupies presnap and then vacates is the place to throw the ball.

My only fear on offense is the Cowboys LBs dropping in coverage to undercut those crossing and seam routes Jimmy loves so much. He has shown a history of throwing those types of picks when LBs and even safeties are not where they are schemed to be.

On the plus side, whatever space Parsons occupies presnap and then vacates is the place to throw the ball.
Yeah that is always a concern with Jimmy

Just run the ball threw them. And when passing just have short play action passes to Deebo and Kittle and let them try to get the extra yards when they have the ball

But another key to the game is going to be the 9ers d line v the Cowboys O/L. That battle is going to be massive and probably is getting over looked as a key match up imo

Last edited:
Yeah that is always a concern with Jimmy

Just run the ball throw them. And when passing just have short play action passes to Deebo and Kittle and let them try to get the extra yards when they have the ball

But another key to the game is going to be the 9ers d line v the Cowboys O/L. That battle is going to be massive and probably is getting over looked as a key match up imo

Was just listening to a podcast previewing the game and they shared a stats that the Cowboys offensive line is one of the most penalised in the league...be interesting to see how the calls go with the constant holding Bosa cops especially since Prescott is a QB that hangs onto the ball a lot longer than most.

That's where home field has an influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** that was a nervous finish to that game.

Lets hope warner and bosa and good to go next week.

Yeah I know, 1:04 of playing time took about 20 minutes of actual time and 10 years off my life.

We were crusing..... until the pick. But the team did just enough on both sides of the ball (and the zebras too).

We ended the game about 4 times, only for it to be not 😒. Yes lost 10 years for the last minute.

Thank god Dak had meltdown and the officials ran off the field. I was waiting for one second to be added to hype the drama.

Just run the ball next week against Green Bay.
We don't need to be fooled by the fact that the Packers' defense allowed the sixth-fewest rushing yards during the regular season, their opponents 221 rushes were the second fewest faced in the NFL this season. They get ahead and teams need to pass on them. So the key is to run and get a lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back