FTA-TV SAS Australia - "Celebs" MkIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought that was pretty harsh. Did well physically in most tasks and the only reason he appears to have failed is a lack of emotion. I would have thought doing well in the last couple of tasks would hold more weight than earlier ones.
Felt like the SAS needed to prove how difficult selection is by parading that even completing all tasks doesn't guarantee you a spot. Unfortunatley for James he was the sacrificial lamb.

Felt a bit sorry for the Missile being the only one to finish all the tasks and not pass the course but he was the least impressive of the final 4 recruits, he folded during the interrogation and got lost by deciding to follow the creek rather than the river.

Felt a bit sorry for the Missile being the only one to finish all the tasks and not pass the course but he was the least impressive of the final 4 recruits, he folded during the interrogation and got lost by deciding to follow the creek rather than the river.
Ultimately it was the mental side of the game where he failed.

Ultimately it was the mental side of the game where he failed.

Yeah physically he was up to it but struggled mentally under pressure, basically the same reason he choked in the Olympics when he was the gold medal favourite.

I saw that, or something very similar to it. SAS Who Dares Wins (i.e. SAS UK) is very similar.

Try Navy Diver, it was originally on SBS or ABC about 12 years ago.

From memory, on first arriving they got off the bus at HMAS Penguin (Dive School) dropped their belongings and had to swim from one side of Sydney Harbour to the other and back again.

Welcome to dive school.

From memory, on first arriving they got off the bus at HMAS Penguin (Dive School) dropped their belongings and had to swim from one side of Sydney Harbour to the other and back again.

Welcome to dive school.
No, I definitely remember watching a show about legionnaire selection trials, set in an old abandoned legionnaire fort in North Africa.

Reading the IMDB description, it sounds very much like "Escape to the Legion". It was on SBS many, many, years ago.

No, I definitely remember watching a show about legionnaire selection trials, set in an old abandoned legionnaire fort in North Africa.

Reading the IMDB description, it sounds very much like "Escape to the Legion". It was on SBS many, many, years ago.
I remember watching that, I reckon it was 15 years ago or more.

Yep, I'm just mentioning another show besides the Legionnaire one.

Welcome to dive school.
I watched this one and remember being very impressed when they had to do a stupid amount of push-ups,think it was over 1,000.

I watched this one and remember being very impressed when they had to do a stupid amount of push-ups,think it was over 1,000.

3,000 from memory, all the penalties they'd picked up along the way. They did them in sets of 50 and if anyone touched the ground, the number reset. They knocked them all off in one session.

Yeah physically he was up to it but struggled mentally under pressure, basically the same reason he choked in the Olympics when he was the gold medal favourite.
He hardly choked in the Olympics, he lost by 1/100th of a second to a guy who didn’t get close to that time again in 2016 when Chalmers won. Magnussen would have won Gold in 2016 with the time he did in 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watching?

Ive never really followed any season that closely, but for some reason am right into this years.

The Admiral has forced me to watch the first two episodes, its been excruciating.

Brynne Edelsten and her ill-fitting bra ............. what a knucklehead, did she think this was high tea & sandwiches at the palace, embarrassing.

Erin Holland ..... was a bit stiff being made to carry that big lug around but she was a struggler from day one anyway.

And as for those pommy gits yelling in their face, if that was me, I'd be telling them in no uncertain terms to 'back the * off'. More than happy to take strong instruction but having to smell the ********'s breath would be a major turn-off.

What's with the putting the black hood and goggles on them s**t when they take them into the next garden shed for a chat ?? What a load of unnecessary bunkum !!

We'll probably be watching it again tonite given the "cheating scandal".

Yeah I've been watching it, really enjoyed the first series and liked what I've seen so far of this one, some interesting contestants and some brutal tasks.

Not surprising to see Brynne Edelsten being the first one booted out, she was totally unsuitable for something like this with her pampered lifestyle.

Some of the contestants have got a lot more coverage so far like Sam Burgess, Jana Pittman and Alicia Molik, haven't seen much at all of Heath Shaw, Pete Murray or John Steffensen, I guess they are just getting through the tasks without much drama so aren't making for great tv.

As for the pommy instructors, they look like knobs when they are yelling in people's faces but they are trying to make it like a real SAS selection process so they are just doing what the real SAS instructors would do. They don't seem like bad blokes when they are interviewing the contestants on their own.

I’ve saddled up again & barring the clickbait Brynne Edelsten cameo have really enjoyed the early paces the contestants have been put through so far.

Think there’s a better mix of personalities to keep me interested longer this year & have taken an allegiance to the female polly who got caught up in slutgate. She’s got some ticker.

Tonight looks good.

I’ve saddled up again & barring the clickbait Brynne Edelsten cameo have really enjoyed the early paces the contestants have been put through so far.

Think there’s a better mix of personalities to keep me interested longer this year & have taken an allegiance to the female polly who got caught up in slutgate. She’s got some ticker.

Tonight looks good.

I've never even heard of that female politician that had that slutgate scandal so it can't have been that much of a scandal but I don't mind her either.

It's interesting seeing another side to some of these celebrities where their public persona gets stripped bare and they get treated like regular grunts.

There seem to be a lot more ex or current professional athletes this time around.

In 2020 there were a few - Candace Warner (ironwoman), Molly Taylor (rally driver), Nick Cummins (rugby union), Mitch Johnson (cricket), Sabrina Frederick (AFLW), James Magnussen (swimming), and Shayna Jack (drug cheat).

This year there are even more - Jana Pitmann (athletics & bobsled), Jett Kenny (lifesaver), Mark Phillipousis (tennis), Kerri Pottharst (beach volleyball), John Steffensen (athletics), Heath Shaw (AFL), Sam Burgess (NRL), Alicia Molik (tennis), Jessica Peris (athletics).

That's 7x in 2020 and 9x in 2021. By my count there are 5x Olympians in this group, with Pittman having competed at both the Summer & Winter games.

I can't help but wonder if Jessica Peris was cast purely as a result of the Shayna Jack dramas in the 2020 series?

But yes - some of them are really going under the radar.

There seem to be a lot more ex or current professional athletes this time around.

In 2020 there were a few - Candace Warner (ironwoman), Molly Taylor (rally driver), Nick Cummins (rugby union), Mitch Johnson (cricket), Sabrina Frederick (AFLW), James Magnussen (swimming), and Shayna Jack (drug cheat).

This year there are even more - Jana Pitmann (athletics & bobsled), Jett Kenny (lifesaver), Mark Phillipousis (tennis), Kerri Pottharst (beach volleyball), John Steffensen (athletics), Heath Shaw (AFL), Sam Burgess (NRL), Alicia Molik (tennis), Jessica Peris (athletics).

That's 7x in 2020 and 9x in 2021.

But yes - some of them are really going under the radar.

I guess they need to have a large percentage of ex or current professional athletes as they are more likely to succeed in the tasks and not give up easily as they are trained to succeed and not give up. Other celebrities without a pro athlete background are less likely to do that and more likely to quit when things get too tough for them, although there are some exceptions like Merrick Watts who was the only non pro athlete to complete the course last year.

Yeah I've been watching it, really enjoyed the first series and liked what I've seen so far of this one, some interesting contestants and some brutal tasks.

Not surprising to see Brynne Edelsten being the first one booted out, she was totally unsuitable for something like this with her pampered lifestyle.

Some of the contestants have got a lot more coverage so far like Sam Burgess, Jana Pittman and Alicia Molik, haven't seen much at all of Heath Shaw, Pete Murray or John Steffensen, I guess they are just getting through the tasks without much drama so aren't making for great tv.

As for the pommy instructors, they look like knobs when they are yelling in people's faces but they are trying to make it like a real SAS selection process so they are just doing what the real SAS instructors would do. They don't seem like bad blokes when they are interviewing the contestants on their own.

See re the first series, Iirc I watched a little of the episodes now and again- but it didnt grab me and I tuned out before the end of it.

This time tho complete opposite- watching it from start to finish.

That actor is the biggest ******* flog. He lost me in his first ep when he did this big speech to camera referring to himself in the 3rd person.
Molik's roast in the first episode was just brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back