Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Health and Education are generally seen as State issues
whereas
Economy, jobs, immigration, defence are more Federal.
You are joking surely? Might be for you but I very much doubt it is how families and and the swing voter sees it.

How come you get so much wrong all the time?

You are joking surely? Might be for you but I very much doubt it is how families and and the swing voter sees it. How come you get so much wrong all the time?

The four pillars of State government are Health, Education, Law & Order and Public transport: the rest is background noise.
If your party is perceived by the public at being better at three of these issues it guarantees government. If its tied, then the other minor issues become more important.

You are joking surely? Might be for you but I very much doubt it is how families and and the swing voter sees it.

Delcons are like that. They live in their own little bubble, completely disconnected from the real world.

Craig Kelly on the ABC right now, said that he and ScoMo are good mates, he full supports him, they get along great as they are neighbours... then straight up said he voted for Dutton. Knives will be out again real quick.

geez, bring on an election asap, just so we can out this moron too.

As much as I'm enjoying this thread being a Dream Diary by the anti-immigrant types who love lurking on the internet, don't us voters have to accept some responsibility for the turnover in leaders? The key thing, no matter how justified by Labor's infighting in 2013, was Tony Abbott having a small bit of success:
  1. 2007: Howard loses. Rudd takes over. Labor deals with the GFC well. Nothing major to complain about yet.
  2. Nelson is ineffectual and Turnbull takes over the Libs. He also turns out to be not-so-great, but the key thing is that hard-right Liberals types don't believe in Climate Change (or are receiving heaps of coal lobbyist favours) and so they vote in Abbott by one vote.
  3. Abbott is a non-stop negativity machine, especially about Climate Change, and Labor get spooked.
  4. Gillard removes Rudd due to a bad poll and because he's apparently a prick to work with (most people, including Labor, say this was an error in hindsight)
  5. Then Gillard was removed because polling is against her ('saving the furniture'), even though the alternative, Abbott, was inept.
  6. Abbott is removed because he was inept, and polling was against him. Turnbull promises to be a consensus leader due to the Climate Change stuff killing him last time around.
  7. MT can't do anything coz he's not-so-great, and a hard right minority and their conservative media pals, somehow still based around Abbott, won't let him.
  8. Now we have Morrison, and already the anti-immigrant types ITT are demanding their preferred policy. Abbott and his will surely do the same, right?
The Murdoch media, for whatever reason, is obsessed with keeping anti-immigration topics bubbling along as somehow being important. If we ignore them, and their talking heads (and their so-called 'silent majority' who are forever being not-a-bit silent online or on talk-back radio), then politicians won't feel as under pressure from those people. One Nation gets a few more votes, Dutton loses his seat. It's not as big a deal as a major party, the LNP, being a friggin' mess.

Cuz hes alt/far right, but dont worry his side of things always ultimately lose and optimistic progressive people end up dragging them kicking and screaming through history like a naughty adhd child having a tantrum at the supermarket. Conservative would be utterly fridge if they werent so good at saving money its literally the only true benefit to having them around.

The four pillars of State government are Health, Education, Law & Order and Public transport: the rest is background noise.
If your party is perceived by the public at being better at three of these issues it guarantees government. If its tied, then the other minor issues become more important.
Funding for health and education is shared almost equal between federal and state.

Why do you think as soon as the federal government brings up cuts to those areas there is such an outcry?

You really think that if voters are told we are going to spend more money on stopping the boats/immigration and defence and cut funds to education and health the public would say, yes you have my vote?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. Conservative would be utterly fridge if they werent so good at saving money its literally the only true benefit to having them around.
Actually that is not longer true. When was they last time they referred to 'debt and deficit'?

Health and Education are generally seen as State issues
whereas
Economy, jobs, immigration, defence are more Federal.
They might technically be state govt issues but the voters care about them and the funding arrangements mean all levels of govt can be blamed

Rather cop a fine than vote for any of these clowns in the future

What’s the ******* point

who says you have to vote for one or the other??
get your name ticked off the electoral roll and vote informal.(or none of the above)
upload_2018-8-24_15-9-50.jpeg upload_2018-8-24_15-10-40.jpeg

Can’t see the groupers backing off. Dutton’s challenge was the most disorganised I can remember.

Scott Morrison won the spill 45 to Dutton's 40. That's nothing. The Liberal/National coalition is still biiterly divided and the Abbott/Dutton Conservative Cabal™ is still going to be sharpening their knives then coating the blade in faeces so the rot never goes away.

ScoMo will even now be looking over his shoulder. Malcolm looked cool, calm and VERY relieved in his exit presser. I think he's glad to be out of the monkey house.

Bishop is past her useby date. Promote Dutton to treasurer and return Abbott to the front bench as Immigration minister. The louder the left scream the more correct the decision.
I can't see a world where Abbott should be rewarded, he has embarrassed this Country but it is polishits. He should never wear Speedos in public....ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back