Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that the Libs ignored the partisan idiots sqwarking about Morrisons holiday and have just got on with the job. No infighting or backstabbing just getting on with helping Australia through these tough times. Bottom line is Morrison will take a strong team to the election in a couple of years and all the contrived drama in the world wont make Labor any more appealling, any less of a risk. By then, with a couple of surpluses in the bank and having steered Oz through these crisis's things will be looking good for their re-election. Especially as they will probably add Abbott back into the fold as well.

I like that the Libs just ignored the partisan idiots sqwarking about Morrisons holiday and have just got on with the job. No infighting or backstabbing just getting on with helping Australia through these tough times. Bottom line is Morrison will take a strong team to the election in a couple of years and all the contrived drama in the world wont make Labor any more appealling, any less of a risk. By then, with a couple of surpluses in the bank and having steered Oz through these crisis's things will be looking good for their re-election. Will probably add Abbott back into the fold as well.
That's a sheep fold, yes?

Part of the Libs great stability stems from the inspired move to oust Turnbull which also saw the likes of Bishop and Pine get the arse as well. Without that cancerous faction in the midst the Libs look a far more united team. I'd like Morrison to get on the front foot a bit more. Don't get too caught up in the news cycle and just punch out his agenda. Australians will respond to that.

Part of the Libs great stability stems from the inspired move to oust Turnbull which also saw the likes of Bishop and Pine get the arse as well. Without that cancerous faction in the midst the Libs look a far more united team. I'd like Morrison to get on the front foot a bit more. Don't get too caught up in the news cycle and just punch out his agenda. Australians will respond to that.
Doing nothing except christian preferencing

You should be booted from this forum for that line alone.
That's nearly at " timmuh t " levels of nuffiness dude

But it was the Pyne/Bishop mention that sealed it for me , SOMEONE'S a tad pissy with all this scrutiny the libs are copping methinks........................................................................................

You should be booted from this forum for that line alone.
That's nearly at " timmuh t " levels of nuffiness dude

But it was the Pyne/Bishop mention that sealed it for me , SOMEONE'S a tad pissy with all this scrutiny the libs are copping methinks........................................................................................
Why did you introduce the National party into my observation of the Liberals? In the past couple of months Morrison has screwed up by taking a holiday at the wrong time and had the usual suspects manufacture a pathetic fake dialogue that Morrison is personally responsible for climate change and by extension the fires. In the face of that its great to see the libs have learnt their lessons and have stuck solidly behind its leader.

Stability. The coalition just had another leadership spill with the nationals

Agenda. The only policy appears to be a surplus at this point in time

Why did you introduce the National party into my observation of the Liberals? In the past couple of months Morrison has screwed up by taking a holiday at the wrong time and had the usual suspects manufacture a pathetic fake dialogue that Morrison is personally responsible for climate change and by extension the fires. In the face of that its great to see the libs have learnt their lessons and have stuck solidly behind its leader.
They don't even get in without the nats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now it's $150 million into swimming pools in marginal coalition seats in place of female sports programs.
The corruption of this government is breathtaking.
You couldn't trust this government to run a cake stand at a country fair.

Last edited:
Canavan has indicated where he is going:
Former resources and Northern Australia minister Matt Canavan, one of the highest profile Queensland Nationals, has indicated he’ll be running his own show now that he’s no longer bound by cabinet as he pitched himself as a “fighter” for the battleground state.

He declared he was “fired up to get stuck back into the job of fighting radical green activists and other ‘white flagists’ in our midst”.

“I believe we must fight fire with fire. When we do we normally win. That’s what I did on Adani. I didn’t get intimidated, I didn’t back down to the bullies and now we have a fantastic mine creating thousands of jobs in central and north Queensland. All the greenie activists are left with is lots of useless Stop Adani merchandise,” Senator Canavan said.

The normal political rhetoric, but he remains potentiallys divisive from the Govt point of view.

The Morrison government is looking at raising the $1.4bn-a-year tax on the gas industry in a bid to replace falling revenue and protect future budget surpluses.
Federal Treasury is considering lifting the taxes on Australia’s liquefied natural gas producers — now the largest exporters of LNG in the world — as income from the 40-year-old tax is forecast to fall by $450m over the four-year budget estimates.

thousands of jobs and adani dont go in the same sentence.

there will be a few jobs in the build phase but they have publicly announced it will be automated from pit to ship

<<<Adani comes up with different jobs figures depending on who it is talking to:

• Adani promised politicians 10,000 jobs;
  • Adani told investors the whole project would be automated from mine to port (meaning robot-driven trucks to reduce on labour costs—i.e.; jobs);
  • in court, Adani was forced to admit it would create just 1,464 new job—direct and indirect jobs—for the mine and railway, because it would negatively impact other industries.>>>

200mill for a pool in Roose Boltons ( luke howarths ) electorate that they didn't even ask for.
It's probably the ABC/Julia Gillard/Greta Thunberg/the Grinzz fault
200 million? Serious?
Thought the whole rorts 3.0 was only $150 million

I like that the Libs ignored the partisan idiots sqwarking about Morrisons holiday and have just got on with the job. No infighting or backstabbing just getting on with helping Australia through these tough times. Bottom line is Morrison will take a strong team to the election in a couple of years and all the contrived drama in the world wont make Labor any more appealling, any less of a risk. By then, with a couple of surpluses in the bank and having steered Oz through these crisis's things will be looking good for their re-election. Especially as they will probably add Abbott back into the fold as well.
You are easily pleased if you call this strong.
I also doubt surplus (though would not cast blame as coronavirus will be a big economic impact)

I mean it still is s**t pork barrel behaviour just thought that would be some pool
I don't even know if this is a part of 2.0 , 3.0 or completely separate , the total's now so high that 2 mill feels like a drop in the ocean.

Wonder how much a " Wave Pool " costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back