Season 14 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boncer's rule was applied loosely last season. It will be tightened up this season and I doubt it would let anyone off. It's really there in place that if something like EBIAC's rapid departure then the poor bastard who gets shoved into the role isn't left short.

IE Duggan finally cracks under the pressure of not being me and leaves the Wonders in turmoil on the Friday. Thus the team gets named late by accident.

When Duggan cracks I'll be all over the 9pm deadline.

I'll probably forget to write official team or whatever but I won't cry about it anyway.

When Duggan cracks I'll be all over the 9pm deadline.

I'll probably forget to write official team or whatever but I won't cry about it anyway.

Best VC in the comp :thumbsu:

But Duggan wont crack, Boncer just hopes I do so then it opens up a door for him to try lure me into his basement.............weird place for a recruitment room but oh well :eek:

I'm in the minority and like(d) the I&S function, but I'm sure given the overwhelming hatred for it, it will get scrapped.

I don't particularly mind having a challenge rule with respect to Boncer's Law, so long as the challenges go to a captain's vote, and not just have Boncer being the sole judge (I'm not having a go at you). However, deadlines are deadlines, as per the rules anyone in the team can post a side so there is simply no excuse for a deadline to be missed. I'm still firmly of the belief that the penalties that were dished out to teams (including my own) for late team submissions should've stayed.

Hahaha I have two guns an they are on my left and right arm. I have never once shot myself in the foot. And when I showed up, it looked like you were booted.

And using an emoticon in the place of a word is a prime bullet-to-foot example.

Genuine lolz at the part bolded. I'm totally stealing that one day

Genuine lolz at the part bolded. I'm totally stealing that one day

It's a gooden.

And I liked the I&S until I was suspended once and injured twice.
I still haven't played the Gumbies yet. :mad:

Only thing I dislike is the simmer also in a team. Will always create controversy in some aspect. Would be fairer for a non playing simmer to occur.

Yes I expect to get roasted because of this but I do not care. Alot also think this but do not have the testicular fortitude to post it :thumbsu:
Fair point. I remember for years in the cricket sim the simmer wasn't allowed to play due to that very reason.

Of course having the admin's side win a large percentage of the flags always creates doubt. I've known of one admitt he cheated, but that was purely tongue in cheek. One I wouldn't put it past and the rest I'd never consider them to do it.
Agreed. I have never doubted anyone in the league. I remember a former Mt. Buller captain telling me he was 100% sure that a former administrator rigged the sim but couldn't find proof. As I replied, I don't think anyone at the top would ever rig a fantasy football sim.
I could guess at the captain and would the former administrator by chance be me?
I don't particularly mind having a challenge rule with respect to Boncer's Law, so long as the challenges go to a captain's vote, and not just have Boncer being the sole judge (I'm not having a go at you). However, deadlines are deadlines, as per the rules anyone in the team can post a side so there is simply no excuse for a deadline to be missed. I'm still firmly of the belief that the penalties that were dished out to teams (including my own) for late team submissions should've stayed.

Fair point Beez and I fully understand your point. My belief is that means some captains wont get a fair go at the vote as they are universally considered to be douche bags.

This is your one shot ladies.

Once Monday roles around this thread will be closed and anything not raised now means you are happy with the status quo and thus whinging during season will be met with ridicule.

17 games per season is a really strange number. That is the only problem I have with the league. I propose we play each team either twice or three times, not versing two teams an extra three times is just plain weird.

17 games per season is a really strange number. That is the only problem I have with the league. I propose we play each team either twice or three times, not versing two teams an extra three times is just plain weird.

14 to short. 21 to long.

That was the argument. Thus I came up with the "rolling" fixture.

Oh, just remembered, Demons playing the Dragons 4 times in the last 7 rounds or whatever was a drag. When the fixture comes out can that be looked at?

That happened because you played each other in the first week of finals. 3 in 7 weeks I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you don't. Everyone loves pineapple.

Hitler disagrees.

1134469_o.gif

14 to short. 21 to long.

That was the argument. Thus I came up with the "rolling" fixture.

Could do something along these lines....

- 7 games (everyone plays each other)

- Followed by a three week mid season break
* Trade period lasts for whole three weeks
* Second week is rivalry round (for premiership points)

- Another 7 games (everyone plays each other again)

- A weeks break leading up to finals week 1

- Usual finals system etc

------------------------------------------------------

This means there would be 15 H&A games (14 regular and 1 rivalry round), and its done so in a way where there isn't a high volume of games in quick succession. This could also make the fixture more "balanced" as Logger suggested.

Just an idea.

Using Hawks as an example:

Game 1: Hawks vs Gumbies
Game 2: Furies vs Hawks
Game 3: Hawks vs Roys
Game 4: Demons vs Hawks
Game 5: Hawks vs Dragons
Game 6: Bombers vs Hawks
Game 7: Hawks vs Wonders

Week Off (Trade period)
Rivalry Round (Game 8): Hawks vs _____
Week Off (Trade period)

Game 9: Roys vs Hawks
Game 10: Hawks vs Demons
Game 11: Wonders vs Hawks
Game 12: Hawks vs Furies
Game 13: Gumbies vs Hawks
Game 14: Hawks vs Bombers
Game 15: Dragons vs Hawks

Week Off

Finals

I think that's a good idea by HP. Playing each other twice is good but appreciate the season goes to fast. Playing 3 times and possibly finals against each other is overkill.

Boncer's law is garbage and should be scrapped. The rule sets a precedent that teams can overturn any penalty they receive for team submission and other such rules that have been breached. The other rules are worth nothing if teams can overcome breaches on an introduced technicality.

Clubs should only be let off penalties in special circumstances, not because they forgot to submit a team or they submitted it incorrectly by accident. To combat this, match threads should be posted as early as possible to give teams more time to submit their line-ups.

Yeah, this way you have a home and an away game against each team. As well as getting to play your bitter rivals the that extra time adds spice.

Playing a game in a trade period is a disaster waiting to happen.

Should we even have penalties for late/incorrect submission?

I'd like to think we're active enough that we can sort out these sorts of issues with a quick chat and some swift action.

After all any player can post the team if the captain or vc doesn't do it.

Public roasting of inactive leaderships should do the trick.

We would either get a commitment by the leaders of the team to lift their game or hand over the responsibility to others.

Lets have a pure ladder and deal with administration problems when they pop up in a civilised manner. The premiership points punishment system is something we might be able to do without entirely.

I like penalty points.

It adds something to the game in a positive way. When a team gets done for late or incorrect team submission it creates discussion/activity. It also show the teams leadership didn't step up to the occasion and if it happens often, someone might mount a coup.

It makes things seem more 'real' for lack of a better word and assists the simmer so he is ready to go. It's part of both fantasy and normal football and we can all appreciate that sometime RL get in the way but your VC's and deputies and as far as I know any player can post a team if needed or they see it's 10 minutes to 9 on a Friday and it's missing.

For me it's fun and adds something to the league.

1. Absolutely not. Team submissions and the penalty is part of the game. Enter on time or be penalized.
2. I don't believe that sides got away with it last year.

1. Correct, 100% correct.
2. Initially maybe, but numerous teams did in fact get away it, hence the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back