Season 14 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come at me ladies. Tell me what you loved or hated about the season. If you have a gripe with a rule NOW is the time to tell me. If you hate I&S then NOW is the time to tell me. This thread will be closed next Monday so if you haven't said your piece by then to bad.

I hated that the Roys didn't win more games, please fix for next season.

No issues here, thought the season ran well and loopy did a great job simming (despite it being rigged for a second year running :p)

I&S??

As I said if a new team comes through they deserve a pre-season run IMO. And I still dislike Boncer's rule. Take note captains, deadlines are always Friday 9pm AEST. Not hard to meet it when threads are up on Tuesdays.

Sim is obviously rigged. Otherwise the Demons woulda won the flag. :thumbsu:

I liked the part where I joined. Really felt I lifted the standards of the SFA.

Yet nobody knows who you are...

Didn't think injuries and suspensions added anything but frustration to the league. Would vote for them to be canned.

If rules are changed/updated/unwritten but known by everyone who's anyone, can they please be flagged in a stickied, up-to-date rules thread. It would have avoided a heap of trouble during the early part of last season.

Can Boncer's Rule be formalised so that we have a clear understanding of how it works. At the minute as I understand it, penalties are applied to any rule breach regardless of circumstances, then if there's a complaint it's brought up on the captain's board and decided there, rather than just taking the circumstances into account when applying the penalty. Is that right?

Better communication from administrators generally, so that we aren't surprised by suddenly announced changes that have been planned for months.

I'll no doubt think of more later.

Logger said:
Didn't think injuries and suspensions added anything but frustration to the league. Would vote for them to be canned.

Oh, that's what that is. Yeah, It's done it's job and now it's not required. Rotation awareness has been raised and really the I&S didn't even fix the problem. Dragons didn't get an injury or suspension to a relevant player until round 10 I think.

The only good thing that came out of it is EBIAC's departure... and even then... :eek:

Boncer's rule was applied loosely last season. It will be tightened up this season and I doubt it would let anyone off. It's really there in place that if something like EBIAC's rapid departure then the poor bastard who gets shoved into the role isn't left short.

IE Duggan finally cracks under the pressure of not being me and leaves the Wonders in turmoil on the Friday. Thus the team gets named late by accident.

If rules are changed/updated/unwritten but known by everyone who's anyone, can they please be flagged in a stickied, up-to-date rules thread. It would have avoided a heap of trouble during the early part of last season.

Can Boncer's Rule be formalised so that we have a clear understanding of how it works. At the minute as I understand it, penalties are applied to any rule breach regardless of circumstances, then if there's a complaint it's brought up on the captain's board and decided there, rather than just taking the circumstances into account when applying the penalty. Is that right?

Better communication from administrators generally, so that we aren't surprised by suddenly announced changes that have been planned for months.

I'll no doubt think of more later.

What was the trouble early in the season?

I like the way the SFA is at the moment.
The only thing I would suggest (which I know won’t happen it’s just a thought) would be that every player get rotated every game. It’s hard to keep people posting if their constantly in the pockets or other positions that don’t get many stats. I know teams say that the more they post the better positions they get, but if a team has a good number of even posters every week you would not want to be in those positions every game. Change it up a bit.
Might be a way to keep players interested week to week. One week you could be playing Forward pocket and the next week playing in the guts. Its also weather the top posters want to give up their positions.
Anyway I hope that made some sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the trouble early in the season?
The season 13 rules thread was still stickied while the current one was left to disappear 8 pages off the top of the board and a third, interim rules thread was referenced by you as the most up to date one, which it wasn't. Then captains posted teams at midnight rather than 9pm because the Match Thread OP said Friday night and all hell broke loose.

If I remember correctly (and I probably don't) that's how most of the complaints that were resolved via Boncer's Rule arose.

Injuries and suspensions can **** off. :thumbsu:

And I wouldn't mind Logger-esque musings during the commentary if that is possible.
Only if you can find a simmer willing to put 8 hours a week into commentating games.

Only thing I dislike is the simmer also in a team. Will always create controversy in some aspect. Would be fairer for a non playing simmer to occur.

Yes I expect to get roasted because of this but I do not care. Alot also think this but do not have the testicular fortitude to post it :thumbsu:

Only thing I dislike is the simmer also in a team. Will always create controversy in some aspect. Would be fairer for a non playing simmer to occur.

Yes I expect to get roasted because of this but I do not care. Alot also think this but do not have the testicular fortitude to post it :thumbsu:

It's a fair assessment, but the reality is that everyone is here because they want to be involved in the game, getting an impartial person to sim is an unrealistic dream.

Are you suggesting that yourself to do it after you get booted from your third club?

I suspect those most worried about cheating would also be those most likely to themselves.

I suspect those most worried about cheating would also be those most likely to themselves.
Agreed. I have never doubted anyone in the league. I remember a former Mt. Buller captain telling me he was 100% sure that a former administrator rigged the sim but couldn't find proof. As I replied, I don't think anyone at the top would ever rig a fantasy football sim.
I like the way the SFA is at the moment.
The only thing I would suggest (which I know won’t happen it’s just a thought) would be that every player get rotated every game. It’s hard to keep people posting if their constantly in the pockets or other positions that don’t get many stats. I know teams say that the more they post the better positions they get, but if a team has a good number of even posters every week you would not want to be in those positions every game. Change it up a bit.
Might be a way to keep players interested week to week. One week you could be playing Forward pocket and the next week playing in the guts. Its also weather the top posters want to give up their positions.
Anyway I hope that made some sense.
This is something you would have to put to your captain. The captains get the final say on how each team lines up each week, and if you think your side would be better off, put it to your captain. :thumbsu:

Are you suggesting that yourself to do it after you get booted from your third club?

Dude, give it up. You keep shooting yourself in the foot and its getting :eek:

Please do your research before you try to show up someone better than you. I didn't get booted by the chokers, Southern Dragons, I walked out on the club :thumbsu:

Dude, give it up. You keep shooting yourself in the foot and its getting :eek:

Please do your research before you try to show up someone better than you. I didn't get booted by the chokers, Southern Dragons, I walked out on the club :thumbsu:

Hahaha I have two guns an they are on my left and right arm. I have never once shot myself in the foot. And when I showed up, it looked like you were booted.

And using an emoticon in the place of a word is a prime bullet-to-foot example.

Hahaha I have two guns an they are on my left and right arm. I have never once shot myself in the foot. And when I showed up, it looked like you were booted.

And using an emoticon in the place of a word is a prime bullet-to-foot example.

If you think so :rolleyes:

I think you'd be more suited to bantering with the likes of Harps, he was at your level during the SoO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back