Oppo Camp Season 2014 General AFL Discussion - Sydney Posters Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said today our team on paper is one of the best ( if not the best ) but the way the structures have been since the 2nd half of last year to now it will see us just make the 8 and Buddy will go backwards , Tippett will kick a few due to his contested marking ability and our best asset is the high bomb to him ,the rest of the forwards Rohan , Jetta will get a few here and there over the back when it works out. Reid will run up and back and then continue

So Horse has NFI?

So Horse has NFI?

I remember pre game on fox footy for a melbourn v hawks game a while back. Dean bailey was coach and was at the whiteboard giving an insight into plans. He highlighed centre bounces and said something like we will have to have two guys at the back of the ruck when mitchell is in the middle because they hit it out the back in front of him to run into. Bailey said he wanted a man either side of mitchell.

Cut to the first bounce like 20 minutes after this and the hawks tap it back to space mitchell gets it clears it and sets up a goal. Not one demon got in his way

Point is that surely that crap from yesterday is the players being woeful, not horse having a poor game plan? Least i hope.

Kennedy had 20 contested possessions a team high, second on the ground to Callum Ward who had 24 contested possessions.

That lad was swamped by the Westies and the weather. I thought he and Parker played with purpose.

Has anyone given consideration to the benefits of Mummies inside knowledge, in regards to the midfield setup? Surely that played a part. Not only had that oafish orange outfit gained a ruck, but also a briefing on Bloods 101.

Kennedys great, i mentioned his contested possies because i think he gets a lack of assistance from team mates, he could do with a few uncontested possies too, not just set everyone else up

No Jack, ROk or B1 The Beast in those conditions cruelled Kennedys chances I feel.

Our inside mids played well (JPK, Parks, TMitch) it was just our outside players who let us down. Tried to play dry weather footy coming out of the back line when they should've just kicked long and hoped for the boundary and for better field position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon McVeigh was still pissed. Would've ripped into a few of the players last night I think.

Good come out and say that, i want to see anger at that game. Not the standard no need to panic, no wholesale changes.

They should be angry at themselves

Why are we unable

how do you rate the way we use our forwards

How did the defence look at the ground

Im concerned with the 3rd tall back more than forward set up after yesterday

Also on tv it seemed we couldn't clear the ball, didn't matter how the forward line was late

Time in fwd 50 must of been in GWS favour by a mile

Laidler and Shaw probably the best two. Ted and Mal marked everything in the first quarter but not much after that. Grundy did his usual one handed mark trick but then followed it up with clumsy hand skills in the last quarter.

Poor and has been for years now except for 2012 when we spread the load better. The last year of Hall, the years of misguided hope of White and the fleeting sighting Brawshaw. We haven't had the forward setup we wanted until now.

But the truth is since we got Tippett we have not ONCE been able to put our best forward line on paper on the ground and who knows what that has done to the mindset of the midfield ground in how the play as they move from the over the top game plan that won the flag in 2012 and worked we'll in the mid point of last year against Collingwood and Adelaide before Tippett rejoined the team. But we know that result and the injury from that game.

The game plan hasn't been the same since and we haven't had Tippett, Franklin, Reid and Goodes play together for a single moment.

This suggests that the midfield group is in two minds over the game plan and thus aren't being coached it well enough to deliver it on the day though lack of confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we unable

I sometimes question why are we paying 20% of the salary cap on 2 forwards when we hardly give them a chance or just bomb it on top of their heads while a opposition spare defender just sits back and waits.. and we fall for it everytime.

Franklin while he took a few great contested marks is not a great overhead mark so why do we bomb it to him?

Jack would of made no difference yesterday.

Poor and has been for years now except for 2012 when we spread the load better. The last year of Hall, the years of misguided hope of White and the fleeting sighting Brawshaw. We haven't had the forward setup we wanted until now.

But the truth is since we got Tippett we have not ONCE been able to put our best forward line on paper on the ground and who knows what that has done to the mindset of the midfield ground in how the play as they move from the over the top game plan that won the flag in 2012 and worked we'll in the mid point of last year against Collingwood and Adelaide before Tippett rejoined the team. But we know that result and the injury from that game.

The game plan hasn't been the same since and we haven't had Tippett, Franklin, Reid and Goodes play together for a single moment.

This suggests that the midfield group is in two minds over the game plan and thus aren't being coached it well enough to deliver it on the day though lack of confidence.

Worst of all is i fear the two expensive forwards we have acquired in Tippett and Franklin are injury prone.

Worst of all is i fear the two expensive forwards we have acquired in Tippett and Franklin are injury prone.

Tippett not being ready this week is a concern lets hope its not a bad sign

Buddy has played 183 of like 224 since debut including a few suspensions he has been durable

Also on tv it seemed we couldn't clear the ball, didn't matter how the forward line was late

The hole team were in there defence with buddy in he centre , we would get he break look up and no one to kick to ala freo game. Rampe running around with Patton and Giles at times is just absolute bullshit , if we continue to play Rampe as the 3rd we will be murdered at times with match ups , with no AJ once again LRT has to go down to 3rd tall ala start of 2013. If Rampe matches up on Reid or even White in r2 I will dumb founded. Laidler played Mattners to a tee , very impressed with his game and the way he defended

The hole team were in there defence with buddy in he centre , we would get he break look up and no one to kick to ala freo game. Rampe running around with Patton and Giles at times is just absolute bullshit , if we continue to play Rampe as the 3rd we will be murdered at times with match ups , with no AJ once again LRT has to go down to 3rd tall ala start of 2013. If Rampe matches up on Reid or even White in r2 I will dumb founded. Laidler played Mattners to a tee , very impressed with his game and the way he defended

You arent going to the pies game i hope, you appear to be a jinx :p

One word , two minds.

I thought the fact we couldn't clear the ball seemed more due to fumbling and panic from the defenders late in the game because they were constantly under pressure as we were losing the clearances for much of the second half. I agree with Punts that Laidler was better than Rampe. It felt a bit like a continuation of our midfield problems from the end of last year. It's strange because I thought we were fine before the storm came. So maybe it is just a confidence thing.

I thought the fact we couldn't clear the ball seemed more due to fumbling and panic from the defenders late in the game because they were constantly under pressure as we were losing the clearances for much of the second half. I agree with Punts that Laidler was better than Rampe. It felt a bit like a continuation of our midfield problems from the end of last year. It's strange because I thought we were fine before the storm came. So maybe it is just a confidence thing.

I felt nervous once they got within a kick and i felt like our defenders did. Early we looked relaxed then late the players seem to realise geez we could lose to GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back