Official Match Thread Season 24 Round 11 (SQW): Gumbies FFC vs Fighting Furies @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
SQ.png

Hi I’m fitzroybowiedog. You might remember me from a Roys match thread, a mediocre media piece or a slightly controversial pool party. This week I have the pleasure or presenting the Round 11 SFA Round prologues to you people. When our lord and saviour Hate approached me to create these ‘intros’ I had a long hard think about it, because we all know I’m not particularly relevant anymore. So I said ‘yes’ as I am a contrarian some of the time. And what a week to presenting these prologues, Super Qooty Weekend. A weekend of fun, antics and staggered matches.

So without further ado I present to you………

Gumbies V Furies.jpg

The Gumbies host the Furies at the House of Gumby, a place which I’m sure doubles as a rubber fetish club during the week. The Furies and the Gumbies are clogging up the middle of the 8, neither able to pull away from the pack, but not playing bad enough to fall away. The Gumbies (nee Wolves, nee Gumbies) and the Furies will be locking metaphorical horns Saturday afternoon, a time usually spent carbo loading, will now be a time spent playing the game we love called Qootball.

PLAYER WATCH

Gumbies
The Gumby
Noobz0r
The top Gumby atop a two man pile. Have the Gumbies turned a corner? This bowiedog think most likely, is Noobz responsible? This bowiedog say most likely but help from others

The Pony
Dennis ClarkeM
Has he been able to shoulder a heavy load at the gumbies, being one of the key pillars. Depends on your opinion.

The Blockhead
Quivorir
The butt of many jokes plays the role of the foil well, but underestimate the Quivver he may just make you the laughing stock.

The Furies
Furiosa
3121 premiers
As batty as Furiosa is stoic. Fumbles is the Furies. Even when he’s not at the Furies or even when he's not actually fumbles

The Fury Tank
Wacky Tiger
Keeps going, highly decorated, hard to stop. Brad Pitt has been inside him.

Tyson Fury
NaturalDisaster
Packs a punch. More wit than the previous pun.​

GumbiesvFuries.JPG
Collect the 6 bowie heads in each thread!
Team Sheet Deadline: Wednesday 11th @ 11:59 PM​

397406_207216dd9bb1272908922e0236a753ee.png

Fighting Furies Season 24 Round 11 Official Team Sheet:

B: Stevi_Tigers - EvenExhale - TJASTA
HB: rfctigerarmy - Helen Wheels - Shadow Man
C: Nuffers - JackNah_8 - footy_fumbler
HF: akkaps - Michaels - Tarkyn_24
F: Tiger71 - Wacky Tiger - _Cayz_
R: This Is Anfield - Sterge - NaturalDisaster

INT: tigland - Grockadoc
Changes:

No Changes

See you Next Tuesday​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, why are there only 3 games? Is a split round?

Games are going to be posted across the weekend Friday Sat and Sunday, Fri and Sat games are up today and the traditional Sunday games will be up tomorrow.

Gumbies FFC vs Fighting Furies at The House of Gumby - Saturday 14th @ 5-6 PM

- Match Thread: Monday 9th Team Sheet Deadline: Wednesday 11th @ 11:59 PM

Games are going to be posted across the weekend Friday Sat and Sunday, Fri and Sat games are up today and the traditional Sunday games will be up tomorrow.

Believe we are on Saturday arvo
I remember trying this a few seasons ago, didn't work as planned. I'm happy that it's being trialled again as I would like to see it implemented all season Though maybe just go for three Saturday games and Sunday games. Friday is too early in the weekend, and the thread will die down very quickly after the game. But one thing that will work in favour, compared to the AFL is that 5 day turnovers aren't an issue. I'd also like to see a live ladder throughout the weekend.
/my thoughts

Anyway, I won't be online Saturday afternoon, I'm playing cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back